Ninja Gaiden Black

Mega-bump.

I'm thinking of picking up this title. For those who've played both the original and Black, is the additional content in the latter worth the extra effort it'd take me to try to get a copy of that?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

By the way, that attack will not kill characters. It will only reduce them to a few hundred hit points.

Yeah, the sun expanding doesn't completely envelop the earth. It only gives it a nice scorching. Totally surviveable.

I love that aspect of the Final Fantasy games. It's very much on par with things like Dragon Ball Z where people throw around world destroying powers left and right only to scratch each other and say "ugh."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As much as I've always wanted to play the new Ninja Gaiden games, and I want to get a PS3 and I will get Ninja Gaiden Black for sure, I can't stand that developer guy.

I watched some special on G4 with him, and he was just such a pompous ass about how he fighting games had more depth and robust features than the others. He felt he was achieving some "true" fighting genre. Like he was some savior to the fighting game genre. After that, I avoided his work like the plague, but now I'm able to get over it and play the NG games.

As far as I am concerned, Smash Bros is about as close to perfect as a fighting game needs to be :) Of course, I love my SC2/3 and Tekken games. I couldn't master Virtua Figther, but I still enjoy it.

I'm thinking of picking up this title. For those who've played both the original and Black, is the additional content in the latter worth the extra effort it'd take me to try to get a copy of that?

Yes, it's worth it. I think it should actually be easier to find Black now than the original.

Ah, yes. In-between all this, I've already managed to find a copy of Black for cheaper than what the original one I initially saw was going for. End of dilemma.

I've been itching for a difficult game.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Ah, yes. In-between all this, I've already managed to find a copy of Black for cheaper than what the original one I initially saw was going for. End of dilemma.

I've been itching for a difficult game.

I've only managed to find a single copy of each here in town so far. Both of them were used copies at EB games. Black was $30 and the original was $15. :ninja10:

It is too bad that they don't make CRPGs with parallel levels of difficulty as this game.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Mega-bump.

Ninja Gaiden Black is without a doubt one of the finest games I've ever played. :devil:

I only played the old NES versions of Ninja Gaiden. They were difficult at the time, but I can't recall if it was due to my ineptude at the time, the controls, or the game's own difficulty.

ditto.

got far into it where that one dieing boss dude says that will be the last thing you see dialogue.

its puzzles were to much at taht time.

hehe i got the original arcade version somewhere around my room for pc.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

It is too bad that they don't make CRPGs with parallel levels of difficulty as this game.

That or melee combat that is as thorough or fun. That would probably be my favorite game of all time. Just how much better would the Elder Scrolls series be with a fighting system as responsive and fluid such as this???????

Ninja Gaiden was one of the reason on why i bought the original Xbox.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"In other action games, the enemies are there for you to kill. In Ninja Gaiden, the enemies are there to kill you." - Itagaki

Such a simple concept most game designers forget :)

I probably played more than 200 hours of this game, the combat system is just perfect.

The fighting is fantastic. I've never been so utterly frustrated yet thrilled than when battling Alma for the first time. What a great game!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've heard nothing but good things about the Ninja Gaiden games. Unfortunately, I never have and never will have an Xbox, so I was pleased to hear there's one coming out for the PS3, which I just might buy one day (once the price tag goes down that is).

Now if only they would release this for PC...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'll admit it, I've owned this game for over a year and have never been able to get passed the first town.

I am the anti-l33t

However, I might pick up Ninja Gaiden Black. Why? It has an easy mode...

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You are stuck in the horse-archer thing, aren't you?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You are stuck in the horse-archer thing, aren't you?

Ha! I was stuck there for the longest time. I actually played that so many times, the skin on my thumbs began to peel. I don't know how, but I finally got by it. However, another gentleman on horseback then assaulted me on a bridge, this time with a group of ninja-mage guys.

I finally acceded victory to him, and went back to playing Prince of Persia.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.