Ninja Gaiden Black

Those of you without an Xbox could not know the glorious suffering that was Team NINJA's Ninja Gaiden. After learning about the upcoming Ninja Gaiden Black, I dusted off my copy and gave it another try. I'm about 2/5 of the way through the game now on Normal Difficulty. If you have already beaten Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard, check out Ninja Gaiden Black, which is coming out in September. It combines all of the elements of Hurricane Packs 1 & 2 and adds some new stuff as well. It should help tide you over until Dead or Alive 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2.

In this interview, you can see an awe-inspiring video of Ninja Gaiden Black and read the hilarious gems of wisdom dispensed by Tomonobu Itagaki, head of Team NINJA.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3140456

Things to note:

* Several bosses now have a posse (Murai, Electro-Blimp Guy, Alma)

* Staff weapon

* Impact counterattack techniques

* Most enemies get block-breaking grapples

* Game speed increased

* Battle against Dragon Muscle Suit Ryu

* Totally awesome

I once tried Ninja Gaiden on my cousins Xbox. I had heard it's a really difficult game, but I thought, "Hey, I'm a p0wergam3r, there's no stopping me!!1!". The game starts with a sort of jumping puzzle that's supposed to teach you the controls, but I fell down and died and never tried again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ninja Gaiden is known from being a very dificult game.

I own a Xbox and dont have it, the games I have from Tecno are "Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball" (I heard they are doing a new one for the Xbox 360) and Fatal Frame.

I like the Volley game because there is no required ending to beat the game, you can just have the girl being lazy in the poll and after 15 days the game ends ... the lure is trrying to unlock the swimsuits for the girls that takes a long time (expecialy the Venus).

I dont like Fatal Frame, for one it does not scare me (hey, I play Silent Hill from 1.00 to 5.00 AM with the lights out) and second the camera is just a gun, a anoying gun that forces players to keep switching from a 3rd person perpective to a 1st person perspective and with teleporting ghosts, lack of auto target (there is a upgrade for that but even Halo have auto targeting) requirement to take a shoot at a exact time ...

Personaly I think Tomonobu Itagaki is full of crap too, he likes to praise his DoA series despite the fact their story is horrible (not that fighting games have good stories) and most of the fighters appear to be women.

Its not a suprise Tecno remains a MS supporter, its also not a suprise that Fatal Frame is a cross plataform game.

drakron.png

[quote name=>' date='Jun 12 2005, 02:38 AM]i'l read this again when i actually manage to complete ninja gaiden....i cant get past the tentacle monster that eats rachel.

Just use the Dragon Sword to do Flying Swallow (A toward the target, then Y) on the tentacles. Once both are off, just spam Fang of the Wolf over and over again and/or use Fire Ninpo until the tentacles go back. Repeat this process until it is dead.

What kind of **** makes a game without normal difficulty settings?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

One of the few games I had to practice at before actually getting anywhere. The first boss was like hitting a brick wall.

Afterwards it seemed to level off but it was a shock to the system.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Ninja Gaiden (not black) has a normal setting and not an easy setting.

I think Ninja Gaiden Black has a "Ninja Dog" mode which would be the easy difficulty setting since Ninja Dog is the lowest rank you can have.

I unlocked Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 in the Xbox version and I think that the original Ninja Gaiden is still the most difficult although Ninja Gaiden Black could change that. I can't believe Alma (the first battle) has a posse now. I remember the first time(s) I faced her. She'd screw me over with that weird move where she pulls you up in the air then knocks you to the ground while taking off half of your life. I was cussing up a storm during those fights.

one where they don't want you to get to the later stages, because they never finished debugging them ... now that's a tactic that might have come in handy for another group of devs ... :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i'l read this again when i actually manage to complete ninja gaiden....i cant get past the tentacle monster that eats rachel.

Just use the Dragon Sword to do Flying Swallow (A toward the target, then Y) on the tentacles. Once both are off, just spam Fang of the Wolf over and over again and/or use Fire Ninpo until the tentacles go back. Repeat this process until it is dead.

I liked my roulade idea better. Sort of like jilted jelly wrestling ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The new ninja gaiden was one of the reasons I was tempted to buy an XBOX. I successfully resisted however but I still want to play it.

I have played the older games though. They weren't that hard except for the few last levels of Ninja Gaiden 1. But then you had the ol' jump and slash to quickly cut a swath through it. I always found the NG 1 Jaquio boss pretty hard. You had to time your attacks for when he was moving away from you while dodging his little red energy balls he shot at you.

Jump and Slash is probably the most powerful technique in any game ever.

No, SquareSoft is probably responsible for some of the most powerful/imbalancing techniques in any game ever.

Sephiroth has a technique wherein a sword battle, he coincidentally supernovas a star and destroys a solar system. Talk about collateral damage.

No, SquareSoft is probably responsible for some of the most powerful/imbalancing techniques in any game ever.

Sephiroth has a technique wherein a sword battle, he coincidentally supernovas a star and destroys a solar system.  Talk about collateral damage.

:wacko:

Talk about overkill.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've somehow, despite playing Final Fantasys for roughly ten years, never come across playing the seventh one. Beats me why, as I've heard many good thing about it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I've somehow, despite playing Final Fantasys for roughly ten years, never come across playing the seventh one. Beats me why, as I've heard many good thing about it.

IIRC it was renumbered when it was imported from Japan to the occident, if that helps (to FF3? not sure: >_< geek SOS: please confirm FF numbering system :lol: )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I know which one it is. >_< I've just never played it for some reason.

kirottu said:

FFI is FFI everywhere.

FFII and FFIII were not initially released in the US.

FFIV was released as FFII in the US.

FFV was not initially released in the US.

FFVI was released as FFIII in the US.

From FFVII on, the titles have been released everywhere with the same titles.

The unreleased Final Fantasy titles were redone with new cinematics and released on platforms like the PS1 and GBA for English speakers.