Why is the ending disliked???

Why do so many people hate the ending? I know its a cliffhanger and could of been better,but I've read the cut ending and I end up prefering the ending in the game. I just don't see how people would want the lost jedi all killed by kreia or just some of the killed by kreia. They are supposed to be the foundation of the new council rite so could somebody just give their point of view of why the cut ending is better.

#1= What happend to you're party members? and how did you and Mira escape M5?

#2 = Who piloted/fixed the Ebon Hawk?

#3 = What happend to Revan and the Exile after M5 and you're dissipearence into the Unknown Regions?

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

#3 = What happend to Revan and the Exile after M5 and you're dissipearence into the Unknown Regions?

I know I had these questions aswell ,but I atleast expect kotor 3 to explain a little. Im just saying the future jedi masters basically getting own by kreia then who would be the future jedi council.Another question is kreia not only manipulating the exile into growing stronger but to meet the future jedi masters and train them aswell.

1. This is crucial simply from the point of view of the mechanics of a story: no closure.

Didn't you notice that the party members you had just spend 40+ hours finding, saving, conversing with and generally getting to know better were MISSING at the end? :thumbsup: Was that not a bit odd?

And what was with the cut to different solo PCs on M5 -- the remote (what was going on with the Bao-Dur recording? Is he dead?); what about Hanharr and Mira? What was the point of that interlude?

In short the end was poorly implemented.

I would also add :

#4 = it is never explained to my satisfaction why the Exile jumps through every hoop from the confrontation on Dantooine to the end. At no point in that end part of the game (probably close to a third of the game) does the Exile have a choice of their actions. Play it again and check. Irrespective of LS/DS male/female and any dialogue options and the resolution of the dilemma on Korriban (in the cave) and every single conversation where the PC gives vital feedback about their character -- with Atris, Atton, Brianna/Mical, Mira, Bao-Dur and the Jedi Council.

And the conflicts: nothing happens if you die as Handmaiden attacking Atris -- in fact, when you beat her she then miraculously wins the conflict.

That's why the end sucks. There is no role playing, it is just a boring, pointless series of meaningless interactions interspersed between FMV.

RPGs are about choice and cosequences.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My point as well. Why was Mira out there on Malachor V and no one else was? Why didn't she come to your aid since she was following you? Why didn't anyone else follow you?

I thought the Ebon Hawk was done for since it crashed into a rock face. I seriously doubt it could have been fixed with all of the hull breaches it would have suffered.

It's not just the actual ending. The whole final fourth of the game feels like a panicky wrap-up. There is a certain build-up to something that just comes across as a the-world-exploded-and-everybody-died closure. We all know why, but that doesn't make it any less unfulfilling.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Only part that really got me mad at the end of the game was that it didnt matter if mira died or won. Does kreia say anything different if mira is defeated by hanhar. And o just read something about how in the cut game u could actually heal your party members but it would weaken u or something like that. I only hope they resolve the whole party member thing in kotor 3.

I made it and if you dont like it dont answer. Yea u kno what i hated the holes to but the cut out ending would only be good if u could save your team and for the hk50 factory i really didnt care for it much.

true,LA sucks at making their games they rush to damn much because they want a lot of money, i swear if i ever make a game company im going to listen to the gamers opinion,that way in the end everyones happy.

Totally agreed. I didnt like either of the told endings due to one supposedly killin all your hard trained jedi and the other not showin how the heck u escape all together. It just left alot to be desired but like I said previously i try to stay positive and hope kotor 3 resolves all these issues.

With all this True Sith and Force Wound stuff which I never liked anyway, I wasn't too suprised at how it ended like that. Like with those two bits, the ending was the same - "what the heck?"

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The day they take the opinion of us gamers is the day I can-can on the moon <_<

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

#1 = (LS) You can assume that the futures Kreai foretold were real... Thus, they all lived.

#2 = Who said it was fixed? During your LS play through, before you spare Kreai, she tells you to leave M5 using one of the ships on the academy. The EH has always been mysterious... That could of been it's origin.

#3 = Who said the Exile is heading into the unknown region? Maybe he is heading to some Pub on the Outer Rim with his buddies. Or Perhaps he is indeed heading to the Unknown regions, only the player can decide. As for Revan, he is out there, and without him 'Out there" there would be much hope for a Kotor3.

#1 = (LS) You can assume that the futures Kreai foretold were real... Thus, they all lived.

#2 = Who said it was fixed? During your LS play through, before you spare Kreai, she tells you to leave M5 using one of the ships on the academy. The EH has always been mysterious... That could of been it's origin.

#3 = Who said the Exile is heading into the unknown region? Maybe he is heading to some Pub on the Outer Rim with his buddies. Or Perhaps he is indeed heading to the Unknown regions, only the player can decide. As for Revan, he is out there, and without him 'Out there" there would be much hope for a Kotor3.

#1: I meant why didn't you're companions try to help you fight Kreia

#2: That isn't true, on the LS playthrough the Ebon Hawk rescuse you

#3: Mabye I'm stupid but why in the world would the Exile decide to go anywhere else? Carth requested and Kreia sorta mad it quite evident that you were supposed to leave for the Uknown regions.

Ummm, weaponmaster, there is a cut option to save every single party member. Kreia doesn't kill them. You just have to play your cards right and have the right influence with the right character. There is an option for some to die, some to live or for all to live. No option for them to all die. With TESB, you at least know what happened to everybody.

Luke, Leia, and the droids are on the medical frigate. Lando and Chewie are pursueing Boba Fett taking Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt. Darth Vader continues his hunt for Luke. No question on what happened to them.

I w asnt a big fan of the ending either but veiw it as a cliff hanger so K3 can still fix the K2 ending by continueing the story line and answering questions.

However, I just wanna point out something

#2 = who piloted/fixed the Ebon Hawk. These kinda complaints personally drive me crazy. My answer to them is WHO CARES!!! THEY JUST DID!!

I hate when people reach for complaints rather then just letting a little suspension of disbelief happen. Its like those that complain there is to many Jedi in SWG because there is not that many jedi in the ANH movie.

For crying out loud, get a life. Except this is fantasy/sci fi and not every small and minor detail will have a cut screen showing miniscual points. SOMEONE fixed the Ebon hawk, T3 and Atton did it!They got the parts from the crashed ships on planet. There, problem solved! Because otherwise everyone is stranded there and all die eventually, end of story!

Just accept some suspension of disbelief and quit looking to make up issues. I personally dont wanna see a useless cut screen showing me Atton and T3 are repairing the ship. Frankly I thought the cut screen of Ebon Hawk falling after it crashes a waste of time as well but have come to understand that was important for the originally planned ending they didnt do in game.

Numbers 1 and 3 are good questions (altho 3 is KINDA answered for you with current ending), number 2 is just nit picking and trying to find more fault then there really is.

#1: I meant why didn't you're companions try to help you fight Kreia

#2: That isn't true, on the LS playthrough the Ebon Hawk rescuse you

#3: Mabye I'm stupid but why in the world would the Exile decide to go anywhere else? Carth requested and Kreia sorta mad it quite evident that you were supposed to leave for the Uknown regions.

#1: Force Knocked out?

#2: You don't understand what i'm saying. Kreai tells you to use one of the ships on M5... I'm saying this is were the EH came from, there might have been other EHs on the academy.

#3: Because The Exile is what you wanted him to be.

Er.. the Ebon hawk isn't "mysterious" it is Davik's old speedy Cargo ship from Taris. Remember Kotor 1?

In the Cutscene it is clearly the Ebon hawk flying out of the crumbling malachor.

Refer to my #2. Also, it's always been refered to as mysterious... It's true, Davik had it, but in Kotor2 we learned it belonged to someone before him. The real origin was never revealed.

Just accept some suspension of disbelief...
:lol: Okay, this line makes me laugh. In order to achieve suspension of disbelief, one must convince someone else that a fictional event is actually taking place. The ball is in their court, not ours.

They bettter not try to make a revelation of the Ebon Hawk - "omg, it was built by the Star Forge!".

Well where did the Millenium Falcon come from? (heh, it's probably in those gay EU books somewhere)

Point is I wouldn't think much of it - it's just a legendary ships everyone seems to want.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I w asnt a big fan of the ending either but veiw it as a cliff hanger so K3 can still fix the K2 ending by continueing the story line and answering questions.

However, I just wanna point out something

#2 = who piloted/fixed the Ebon Hawk. These kinda complaints personally drive me crazy. My answer to them is WHO CARES!!! THEY JUST DID!!

I hate when people reach for complaints rather then just letting a little suspension of disbelief happen. Its like those that complain there is to many Jedi in SWG because there is not that many jedi in the ANH movie.

For crying out loud, get a life. Except this is fantasy/sci fi and not every small and minor detail will have a cut screen showing miniscual points. SOMEONE fixed the Ebon hawk, T3 and Atton did it!They got the parts from the crashed ships on planet. There, problem solved! Because otherwise everyone is stranded there and all die eventually, end of story!

Just accept some suspension of disbelief and quit looking to make up issues. I personally dont wanna see a useless cut screen showing me Atton and T3 are repairing the ship. Frankly I thought the cut screen of Ebon Hawk falling after it crashes a waste of time as well but have come to understand that was important for the originally planned ending they didnt do in game.

Numbers 1 and 3 are good questions (altho 3 is KINDA answered for you with current ending), number 2 is just nit picking and trying to find more fault then there really is.

Oh mighty lord of the Sci-fi story lines o:) might I, a humble lifeless gamer ask thee a question? :(

In TESB wouldn't you have been confused if they had skipped the part when Han was dipped in Carbonite and just skipped to where he is being loaded onto the ship? Wouldn