Skills for Breaking Down Items

REPAIR skill gives the ratio for breaking down components.

creating an item is dependent on the paricular skill mentioned and the person creating. (Whether a bug or a feature, the Exile's REPAIR skill is the one used for all calculations, regardless of which character is at the workbench.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Maximum efficiency is acheived with a repair skill of 15. A higher skill is not required for breaking down items, but can be helpful for creating some of the better items.

But, of course, you can use other NPC character's repair skill for creating items.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

"Maximum efficiency is acheived with a repair skill of 15"

Is 15 the level of maximum efficiency for all skills? or just for repair?

""ou can use other NPC character's repair skill for creating items""

So you can use any other character's skills' for anything on the workbench or lab except breaking down items? am I correct?

It's only the repair skill at workbenches for breaking down items that is a special case; everything else uses the currently controlled NPC character's skills.

This goes for creating items, but it also goes for breaking down items at a lab station.

I don't know why the inconsistancy - no dev has ever commented and the manual is useless (quelle suprise) - but workbenches are certainly easier to abuse (Bao-Dur should be nearly at 15 repair skill by the time you get to the first workbench in the Telos Military Base, which is quite early on).

As regards efficiency of other skills, I think that Treat Injury works the same at a lab station, but I don't use lab stations enough to claim to be sure. Creating items can require skill levels up to 29 (including bonuses of course).

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.