KOTOR I cut content

What I meant was how could anyone know that it took 1,000 years, did it swallow a clock?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

No, I imagine a Skywalker from many generations past was dropped into the Sarlacc on Tantooine. He whined and screamed that it was the most horrid pain in existance, save for being a Cubs fan. Then they pulled him out of the Sarlacc to notice that he wasn't really digested at all, nor harmed in any way noticable. But he was wet with saliva. It was then estimate that it would take 1,000 years to digest someone.

The true horror is not the slow digestion, as you would die of dehydration in a few days. The horror is listening to someone in the Sarlacc whine and complain during all that time.

Scientific experiments which would lead to theories on how long it would digest a given item. :thumbsup:"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

What I meant was how could anyone know that it took 1,000 years, did it swallow a clock?

It's a stupid concept, because a person doesn't live for 1000 years, so the longest they would be aware of the digestion process -- maximum -- is a normal lifespan.

Unless there is some suggestion that the Sarlacc grants some sort of extension to life, analogous to the anti-clotting agent in a leech or a mosquito's saliva prevents the blood from coagulating, so too the Sarlacc prevents the telomerase (or the SW universe equivalent) from breaking down as quickly during cell mitosis -- thus preventing the aging process -- together with some sort of preservation process whereby the eaten bodies don't breakdown (because when an organism dies, it is the microbes in the alimentary canal that breakdown the body).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

On Nal Hutta, The hutts took the world from it's origional inhabitants and renamed it to Nal Hutta "Gloryous jewel" The place was a giant swamp fitting the hutts perfectly. They loved it hense the name. Shleheron (i don't know how it's spelled) Looks more like a metropolice than a swamp...

The only way a person could be digested for a thousand years was if they were incased in somthing like amber and when the sarlacc needed to eat it would remove the case. But that doesn't happen, see the mandalorian armor i think and it tells of Boba Fett's trip to paradise and how he kills the sarlacc to get out. and there's a good portion on what hes doing inside the thing

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That sounds like some sort of fiction on the same level as the endless clones of the Emperor ...  :rolleyes:

Heck it's still there. Boba Fett ends up continuing his bounty hunter carrer after he gets out

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Looks like it could have been concept art for the industrial district of Coruscant.

I don't mean to be rude or arrogant, but i think we've already established that it is Sleheyron, as that is the only cut planet. :thumbsup:

Yep. Sometimes people just don't bother to read threads before posting in them.

Referring to the KotOR game:

An entire world had to be left out due to time constraints. The first pass level art was finished, but time was running out, so we decided to cut it. The world was called Sleheyron and it was one of the many planets in Hutt space. Sleheyron was supposed to be one of the most industrialized worlds in the galaxy. It was going to be a world paved over with layer upon layer of gas refineries, landing bays, slave pens and ship construction yards. The biggest level was going to be a massive coliseum where the Hutt lords pitted their gladiator slaves against one another.

We cut several sections out of Tatooine. The Star Map on Tatooine was originally located in the maw of a Sarlacc pit. The player had to find the Sarlacc pit in a cave complex and then figure out how to descend into the pit without becoming the Sarlacc’s next snack. We were also going to allow the player to become a sort of messiah of the Sandpeople and lead them against their Czerka corporation oppressors.

We cut several sections from Taris, more for pacing reasons than because of schedule pressures. There used to be three levels in the Black Vulkar base. The Gammoreans used to have a stronghold in the Undercity. There was also a trash compactor puzzle in the sewers.

Aw, that would have been very cool. Great ideas, I wonder why they didn't use them in the second game?

Just goes to show that even the first game was cut due to timing, I guess there should always be more content than time, otherwise the content won't be as good as it might be ...  :)

damn, not fair, they better add this stuff to kotor3 :angry:

Referring to the KotOR game:

An entire world had to be left out due to time constraints. The first pass level art was finished, but time was running out, so we decided to cut it. The world was called Sleheyron and it was one of the many planets in Hutt space. Sleheyron was supposed to be one of the most industrialized worlds in the galaxy. It was going to be a world paved over with layer upon layer of gas refineries, landing bays, slave pens and ship construction yards. The biggest level was going to be a massive coliseum where the Hutt lords pitted their gladiator slaves against one another.

We cut several sections out of Tatooine. The Star Map on Tatooine was originally located in the maw of a Sarlacc pit. The player had to find the Sarlacc pit in a cave complex and then figure out how to descend into the pit without becoming the Sarlacc

All hope in Aurora... :-

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MacleodCorp
I wonder what planet is that? I found that matte painting among KOTOR files along with mattes of Taris, Tattoine, Dantooine, Rakatan etc but I don't remember I saw that location in game. Maybe Aurora could restore that planet too?

Actually, it looks more like the 'Droid Planet' fropm KOTOR II!!!

(w00t) :thumbsup: :cool:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I can't believe they cut all that stuff!

I can. Every game has something cut from it. It's very normal. The game creators keep getting ideas that they can add to the game but because they have to release it sometime they get rid of the non essential stuff slap what's left together and sell it.

I can't believe they cut all that stuff!

I can. Every game has something cut from it. It's very normal. The game creators keep getting ideas that they can add to the game but because they have to release it sometime they get rid of the non essential stuff slap what's left together and sell it.

Plus you get ansy publishers who throw fits about the release of the game. " We want it done now! We want it out Now Now!

Yeah, I remember reading about a lot of that cut stuff... and some of it is pretty noticiable - the Sandpeople thing especially.

The cut planet also makes me believe that Yuthara would have been a recruitable PC, as it's pretty convenient that she was a former slave from that planet.

(And her story is almost the same as Juhani's... AND you get to redeem her... ;) )

i havent played kotor 1 in ages, can someone refresh my memory as to who Yuthara is? is she the Sith who recruits you on korriban? if not then woops.. if yes then, how do u redeem her?

Yeah, I remember reading about a lot of that cut stuff... and some of it is pretty noticiable - the Sandpeople thing especially.

The cut planet also makes me believe that Yuthara would have been a recruitable PC, as it's pretty convenient that she was a former slave from that planet.

(And her story is almost the same as Juhani's... AND you get to redeem her... :p )

i havent played kotor 1 in ages, can someone refresh my memory as to who Yuthara is? is she the Sith who recruits you on korriban? if not then woops.. if yes then, how do u redeem her?

Just talk to her a lot and be nice. And let her live after you kill Uthar in the tomb. If Dantooine is still around you can go there and find her.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but David Gaider described a lot about Bioware's plans for Sleheyron over on their boards.

Restoring it would be impossible, since they never even fleshed it all out. They had some ideas, but cut Sleheyron before ever making any final decisions on what to do on Sleheyron. Still, the basic idea was a power struggle between four competing Hutts with different interests and methods. It all sounds pretty interesting, so you might want to take a look at it here

Personally I vote for having Sleheyron in KotOR3 (even included it in my own suggestiosn). I think it sounds like an interesting place.