KOTOR I cut content

That's some pretty cool stuff they left out of KOTOR 1.

Of course it doesn't beat the entire cut half of KOTOR 2. Hell KOTOR 1 has like 4 pieces of cut meterial. Please that's nothing compared to the dozen or so cut scenes from KOTOR 2.

KOTOR 2 still leads in cut content.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Lookee what I found...

Wow those screenies sure are good :wub: . It reminds me a bit of Taris....except more droids.....and aliens.....and less people.

It would be cool if they decided to put that in KOTOR3 because theyd already have the artwork done, right?? :shifty:"

Yeah, I remember reading about a lot of that cut stuff... and some of it is pretty noticiable - the Sandpeople thing especially.

The cut planet also makes me believe that Yuthara would have been a recruitable PC, as it's pretty convenient that she was a former slave from that planet.

(And her story is almost the same as Juhani's... AND you get to redeem her... :shifty: )

That bites. It would have been great to visit another world in K1.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I know this is kinda unrelated and off-topic but does anybody know if there were actually any planets cut out of the original TSL?? Or is it just the dialogue, storyline and the droid factory bits??

And also are the TSL restoration people restoring all of the cut content or just the important bits??

:shifty:

That sarlacc (sp?) pit part of Sleheyron sounds pretty cool, if only it was in there :)

I'm not too disappointed that the above stuff was cut from K1. It did look good, but I probably would've gotten bored looking for another Star Map. Those Sleyheron shots look like a Tattooine style Onderon...sorta.

Yavin station was a nice non-Star Map level and the related quest, even though it had nothing to do with the entire game was one of the best - strange isn't it? ... good ol' Suvam, the king of Pazaak.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I know this is kinda unrelated and off-topic but does anybody know if there were actually any planets cut out of the original TSL?? Or is it just the dialogue, storyline and the droid factory bits??

And also are the TSL restoration people restoring all of the cut content or just the important bits??

:shifty:

That sarlacc (sp?) pit part of Sleheyron sounds pretty cool, if only it was in there ;)

1. As Jags said, there was originally going to be a Droid Planet, which is reached after the sublevel of the Telos base.

2. Yes, the intention is to restore the entire lost HK-47 quest, which includes the lost planet.

3. The Sarlacc doohickey was planned for Tatooine.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

1. As Jags said, there was originally going to be a Droid Planet, which is reached after the sublevel of the Telos base.

2. Yes, the intention is to restore the entire lost HK-47 quest, which includes the lost planet.

Nope to #2. Unless they changed it, they're only restoring the HK Factory, but not the planet. The planet is a complete mess at this point, and they'd basically have to rewrite the entire quest.

I'm glad they didn't do the Sandpeople Messiah thing, they would have raped Dune.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm glad they didn't do the Sandpeople Messiah thing, they would have raped Dune.

But sarlacc was a good idea. Sarlacc has few thousand years in ROTJ so its existence in KOTOR is legitimate.

That was potetnially greatest idea of entire game.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

But sarlacc was a good idea. Sarlacc has few thousand years in ROTJ so its existence in KOTOR is legitimate.

I was under the impression that (a) Sarlacc was a beast of some kind similar to a rancor, but now that quote and the star wars databank thing, got me thinking its something else :huh: .

Anyone care to enlighten?

It's that big venus-fly-trappy-doohickey-with-the-teeth-and-tentacles in the sand that everyone (nearly including our heroes) get swallowed in at the fight on Jaba's barge in Return of the Jedi.

Nope to #2. Unless they changed it, they're only restoring the HK Factory, but not the planet. The planet is a complete mess at this point, and they'd basically have to rewrite the entire quest.

Y'know, I have a sneaking suspicion that you might be close to identifying a possible issue I might have overlooked when I recalled what was said on that particular topic. :huh:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It would have been cool if they were able to imply it's the very same Sarlacc. Otherwise it just becomes clich

manthing2.jpg

I wonder how anyone would know that.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.