KOTOR I cut content

I wonder what planet is that? I found that matte painting among KOTOR files along with mattes of Taris, Tattoine, Dantooine, Rakatan etc but I don't remember I saw that location in game. Maybe Aurora could restore that planet too?

post-1577-1118479744_thumb.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I wonder what planet is that? I found that matte painting among KOTOR files along with mattes of Taris, Tattoine, Dantooine, Rakatan etc but I don't remember I saw that location in game. Maybe Aurora could restore that planet too?

Its probably from Yuthura's home planet. It was cut early in development...

I forgot the name of it <_<

Kinda looks to me like it could be an industrial sort of part of Tatooine because of the landscape,

Not sandy and sunny enough though :)

Looks like it would have been a pretty cool planet had they kept it in..

Looks a bit like Taris. Maybe there was an industrial part on another continent. :)

I find it annoying (and it also breaks the suspension of disbelief) that all the "planets" one visits are smaller than the average sports stadium. <_<

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sleheyron? isnt that the hutt's homeworld?
I'm not sure. It might be a Hutt world. I thought Nal Hutta was the Hutts' homeworld. Somebody with a better knowledge of the Star Wars universe would probably know.

well Nal Hutta is supposed to be the home of the hutts. But they did take over some planets...so Sleheyron belongs to them.

Well since there's a Hutt "crime lord" on Sleheyron I would assume it's a Hutt world. I know all the other Hutts in K1 weren't anyway on that scale but in some ways it fits since they weren't grand enough to have their own slaves (and the Hutt in K2 is a crime lord, and has a slave).

It could've been an early version of Taris? (but then they decided to clean it up)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Yes it's Sleheyron. One of the Devs told that it was cut out early. Mostly only scripts were made for it and Sleheyron being mentioned by Yuthura was added after Sleheyron was cut from what I renember.

There was a topic on this at Bioware Forums somewhere.

Referring to the KotOR game:

An entire world had to be left out due to time constraints. The first pass level art was finished, but time was running out, so we decided to cut it. The world was called Sleheyron and it was one of the many planets in Hutt space. Sleheyron was supposed to be one of the most industrialized worlds in the galaxy. It was going to be a world paved over with layer upon layer of gas refineries, landing bays, slave pens and ship construction yards. The biggest level was going to be a massive coliseum where the Hutt lords pitted their gladiator slaves against one another.

We cut several sections out of Tatooine. The Star Map on Tatooine was originally located in the maw of a Sarlacc pit. The player had to find the Sarlacc pit in a cave complex and then figure out how to descend into the pit without becoming the Sarlacc

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Read Sentry's post then went looking and found these pics of Sleheyron, not sure if the second one is of it, as it looks a bit like Kashyyyk,but theres some funny looking beings at the front of the screen.

TBH 'Sleheyron' doesnt really look to much different to Tattooine from this pic and the pic above ^^, what with the sand dune type things and all. :p"

EDIT: Im wrong there is no moisture collectors, just droids :-

sleheyron.bmp

sleheyron1.bmp

Referring to the KotOR game:

An entire world had to be left out due to time constraints. The first pass level art was finished, but time was running out, so we decided to cut it. The world was called Sleheyron and it was one of the many planets in Hutt space. Sleheyron was supposed to be one of the most industrialized worlds in the galaxy. It was going to be a world paved over with layer upon layer of gas refineries, landing bays, slave pens and ship construction yards. The biggest level was going to be a massive coliseum where the Hutt lords pitted their gladiator slaves against one another.

We cut several sections out of Tatooine. The Star Map on Tatooine was originally located in the maw of a Sarlacc pit. The player had to find the Sarlacc pit in a cave complex and then figure out how to descend into the pit without becoming the Sarlacc

sig2.gif

Maybe modders will restore all that great ideas!

BTW I'd like to thank all people here for great posts! I really learned what I wanted!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

BTW I'd like to thank all people here for great posts! I really learned what I wanted!

I agree with the first part, but lets hope the TSL restoration team do a good job on that :-:( , because what i've heard of the cut content sounds real good.

Would've been good if someone could have done the same kinda thing for 'Sleheyron', but since they only just finished artwork, I don't think it would've been possible somehow...

O and s'ok :p , quite interesting actually, I never thought they cut any content from KotOR1

I agree with the first part, but lets hope the TSL restoration team do a good job on that :-:luck: , because what i've heard of the cut content sounds real good.

Would've been good if someone could have done the same kinda thing for 'Sleheyron', but since they only just finished artwork, I don't think it would've been possible somehow...

O and s'ok :p , quite interesting actually, I never thought they cut any content from KotOR1

you werent the only one who thought they didnt cut any content :(

They basically re-wrote the entire game, at one point.

Huh? And what was the game storyline before rewriting? :rolleyes:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Yeah, my biggest complaint about the first game was length, I wanted more stuff to do ('cause I'm greedy like that).  :rolleyes:"

Yea I agree, as soon as I get past Taris the rest of the game flys by, it only about 4 or 5 hours per world id say.

... A couple of guys go into a bar and get into a fight and then agree to call it quits.

(It wasn't very good story, so they decided to rewrite it.  )"

(Also includes an incident involving a certain someones jaw :devil:" )