Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Either would work really well and the relationship between master and apprentice would be really fertile ground for some good storytelling. :huh:

To have both in one game might be too much for the writers, though. I'd go with the evil option - everyone starts the game as a Sith apprentice, and you have the choice to go along with the dark side or to rebel and go off in search of the Jedi.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Personally i love the idea. But i think thai has what would happen down

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hey everybody, First of all, I think we need to focus more on the storyline here and less on the customization. We have a couple of ideas that followup on the last kotor. Ok, first there should be an integration of characters from the last games. either use servers or a ethernet cable if in fact k3 is on xbox360. Also it would be cool to have more major battles instead of the smaller hack-and-slash style fighting we have become used to. This is an RPG and should involve more military stratagy (ie Total War). Attacking certain points to influence how the battle will go. Stuff like that. We also think that the next game should follow-up on the great sith empire that was mentioned in the end of the last game. Maybe the new protagonist should lead the sith army or influence it somehow.

If there are romances in K3 make sure they are well developed like some of the former games some of the developers worked on like Baldur Gate2.  I wouldn't even call what they offered in K2 a romance. Even in K1 you got a "kiss" by Bastila.

i think if there is romance then it should be affected by your alignment. if your dark then it should involve more sex and seduction, but if your light then it should involve more love and touchy feely stuff of that sort.

No matter which character you are in K3 (Revan, Exile, newcomer) the romances that you had picked in K1 and K2 should be prevalent in K3; I just don't really wanna see my efforts go to waste. I don't really care if it's by answering dialogue questions, or by a pre-game survey, etc; just as long as it's there for the plot/story/setting of K3. Maybe one for each gender to keep the feminists happy. And to keep the homosexuals happy, well maybe you can pick a never a romance option but have them miss out on some fun romance stuff? I dunno, RPG's are meant to be flexible, but there should be a line drawn with key parts of the story.

IMO, if players develop the effort to form a romance in a game which they really enjoyed playing, some of them may develop a bond or get immersed between those two fictional characters he/she invested lots of effort in. Some still want to see the fruits of that effort which they care about show up in the game's sequel, not something they had built a personal bond with go to waste. Think of it as being immersed in a romance in a love drama series. Happens with girls more, I guess, but guys get it too sometime. It's a sequel after all. If you don't want it, I suggest adding the option for those who do.

well you could have the romances continue by doing the "several very pointed questions" and then have the romanced char's show up with a little kid later on...

Also it would be cool to have more major battles instead of the smaller hack-and-slash style fighting we have become used to. This is an RPG and should involve more military stratagy (ie Total War).

Yeah it would be nice to have bigger battles, ala Episode II: AOTC. The battle of Kunda is KOTOR II on Dantooine was small and could be slow and glitchy at times.

But with the new power of the next-gen consoles it might be feasible.

... then have the romanced char's show up with a little kid later on...

That would be funny. But it seems it would work more for a new series, not KOTOR III. Such as KOTNR, where in Episode I your PC has a kid with an NPC. THen in Episode II that NPC shows up with the kid. Or it could just show up at the end of Episode I of the new series.

no you could have them running around in a bright cheery ompa loompa kotor three if it makes you feel better.

well now that i have read every singal thing that everyone has said i have to say that some of these sugjestions arnt bad there acullay preaty good.... i also have so requests about k3 that might be usefull/helpfull when it hits production... the next game most likly needs to have a usefull storage compartment on the ship... i just hate having to carry around 200 differnt types of battle armor that i am never going to use. I am some what of a pack rat however so i never sell my stuff because i never know when i am going to need it... kotor 1 had the right idea putting a whole bunch of cilinders in the cargo hold and all but you should be able to put more than one thing in at a time. it took me forever to put in all my mines and granades and energy shilds.... i did use every last one of thous metal/plastic cilinders however and i had everything all ogranized into its own type of comtainer, like explosives in one and armors into another, and jedi robes etc...

the hidden compart ment in k2 i used but it was hard finding sutff and you had to take it all out when you wanted to get something so that really sucks... but there needs to be some sort of storring compart meants avalible in the next kotor... and you need to be able to take one or more things out at a time and put one or more things back in... have like a selection before you open the campart ment or locker or whatever and tell it that you want to put in all frag mines or something.....

or you can only carry so much so when you leave you have to "choose your load out" weapons items and armor is chosen upon leaving the craft. if you get overloaded you just go back and everything is stripped except for your armor.:rolleyes:

IMO, if players develop the effort to form a romance in a game which they really enjoyed playing, some of them may develop a bond or get immersed between those two fictional characters he/she invested lots of effort in. Some still want to see the fruits of that effort which they care about show up in the game's sequel, not something they had built a personal bond with go to waste. Think of it as being immersed in a romance in a love drama series. Happens with girls more, I guess, but guys get it too sometime. It's a sequel after all. If you don't want it, I suggest adding the option for those who do.

Just a quick note:

a deep empathy can be created with a fictional character without the need to induce a romance. What I mean is that everyone seems to be fixated on builing multiple, deep romances into the narrative arc; this is not necessary. Simply creating a firm friend, like Obi-Wan in the OT, creates a bond, which is a serious motivation if they are threatened and a profound sense of loss when they are killed.

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

or you can only carry so much so when you leave you have to "choose your load out" weapons items and armor is chosen upon leaving the craft. if you get overloaded you just go back and everything is stripped except for your armor.:rolleyes:

I agree with this. Stamina is an important part of RPGs and makes it more realistic. Because I can't see 3 people carrying all of the inventory. And I agree with having storage compartments on the new ship, whether its the Ebon Hawk or some other ship.

As long as the inventory inteface is improved. The ability to "Pick up All" and "Drop All", or one item at a time is not sufficient (and probably tells us more about why there were no inventory limits ... :D).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

FOR OBSIDIAN DEVS TO READ AND NOT MAKE A MISTAKE BIOWARE DID...

Well Obsidian? what do you have to say for your self? Bioware just stated they are not making Kotor 3 so can you tell us whether you are making Kotor 3 or not? I know you are Obsidian because you wouldn't throw away another chance to make big money to make you devs go out for dinner every night.and I know your company won't make the same mistake Bioware did by throwing a wopping cash flow story in the bin lol.I know you obsidian, I know you won't make the same mistake Bioware has made.

In reading the novel Star By Star I came across another cool thing that might be good for KOTOR 3.

Before his death Anakin Solo's body was the FORCE, so to speak. He glowed of light, and it says that little sparks of lightning were around his body.

Perhaps this could be useful for a completely lightside character. A rewarded special ability for the PC that increases the players power for a short period of time. However the ability is only can only be used if the lightside meter is full.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

FOR OBSIDIAN DEVS TO READ AND NOT MAKE A MISTAKE BIOWARE DID...

Well Obsidian? what do you have to say for your self? Bioware just stated they are not making Kotor 3 so can you tell us whether you are making Kotor 3 or not? I know you are Obsidian because you wouldn't throw away another chance to make big money to make you devs go out for dinner every night.and I know your company won't make the same mistake Bioware did by throwing a wopping cash flow story in the bin lol.I know you obsidian, I know you won't make the same mistake Bioware has made.

Bastila, if OE haven't said anything yet, it is probably because they are contracted to say nothing. I don't think they are *choosing* to stay silent and weather the psuedo-libel from irate SW geeks ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Batila, if OE haven't said anything yet, it is probably because they are contracted to say nothing. I don't think they are *choosing* to stay silent and weather the psuedo-libel from irate SW geeks ...

right...since OE is the last developer with this franchise AND since K2 ended in a cliffhanger, the assumption is that OE would be the developer for K3. the fact that they have only avoided the issue (as opposed to BioWare's flat denial) only adds fuel to the speculation that it will be OE.

@Bastilla: BioWare is large enough and well-known enough that they don't want to keep doing licensed products. That is why they are having OE develop NWNs2...that is a WOTC/Atari licensed product. BioWare is hoping that their own IPs (Jade Empire and Dragon Age) will one day eclipse their efforts with licensed projects...we shall see.

... since OE is the last developer with this franchise AND since K2 ended in a cliffhanger, the assumption is that OE would be the developer for K3.  the fact that they have only avoided the issue (as opposed to BioWare's flat denial) only adds fuel to the speculation that it will be OE.

... Or, they might be fulfilling the last part of their development contract for K2 by collecting and collating all the feedback from the game and sending it (in a summarised form) to LA.

:thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT