The War of the Worlds

Kaftan Barlast

As in the book:

"There lay the Martians-dead!-slain after all man's devices had failed, by the humblest things that God, in His wisdom, has put on this earth. Bacteria."

but.. that means god created the aliens in the first place : o / why didnt he just not make the invaders?!

wouldnt make sense :geek:

As in the book:

"There lay the Martians-dead!-slain after all man's devices had failed, by the humblest things that God, in His wisdom, has put on this earth. Bacteria."

but.. that means god created the aliens in the first place : o / why didnt he just not make the invaders?!

wouldnt make sense :lol:

Perhaps it was a test for mankind. But if I remember correctly, everyone on Earth was exterminated. So perhaps this was the apocalypse. Or maybe it was both :geek:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

But the problem is that people aren't as gullible as they used to be. People are very skeptical about what they hear.

Hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha!

Heheheheheheheeeeeeee hoooooooooohohohoho haaaaaaaa!

Haaaaaaarrrrrrr har hooooo ho ho hee hee haaaaaa <snort>!

I'm not sure whether to get the "One Last Time" or "Crossing Over Paperback + 2 Free pins".

Let's see:

One Last Time is truly a wondrous contribution to our understanding of spiritual mediumship and contact with deceased loved ones. John Edward affirms that love and life are indeed eternal! No doubt, John's gifts will continue to inspire and comfort many worldwide." - Judy Guggenheim, co-author of Hello From Heaven! "Mr. Edward methodically provides fact by fact proof of life after life . . . We should embrace John as someone from whom we can learn and take solace in the fact that we do not have all the answers."

OR, TWO FREE PINS!?!?!?!?!?! :geek: (w00t) :lol: I just can't decide, I think I'll buy the whole catalogue and donate three times the value to his work of charity!

And Sylvia is so caring, too:

In Animals on the Other Side, Sylvia and her son, Chris, share comforting insight about animals in the afterlife and answer popular questions including:

- Does my pet miss me?

- Did he know I loved him?

- Can she come back to visit me?

- Do snakes and bugs live on the Other Side, too?

(What about herpetologists? Do their pets go to heaven, too?)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I suppose I shall see the movie, but I must admit, i haven't read the book :"> , so I hope it doesn't bear a striking resemblance to Signs.

Hey, it was either War of the Worlds, or I, Cladius...

Not at all. But, listen to the album, first. :geek:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, the CD is great. It's especially good for road trips :geek: I just thought of something. How are they going to recreate Thunderchild? Is it going to be a cruise ship now? :D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Yeah, the CD is great. It's especially good for road trips :lol: I just thought of something. How are they going to recreate Thunderchild? Is it going to be a cruise ship now? :D

Nah, it'll be a Battle Ship, I expect (Destroyers aren't big enough to impress muftis, cruisers ain't got the libido, and Aircraft Carriers are just big runways: they don't look as impressive (though I'm sure they'll be there for back-up)). The only modern ship that's close to a dreadnaught is a Battleship ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Check out www.warofthewords.com

I signed up to the forums. :wub:

You only have to get 40 odd posts to become a senior member.

Also check out the song player as it plays much of the music on the album.

Theres a lot of info on the Jeff Wayne musical version of the film they are releasing in CG. :p

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Excellent!

So it looks like the movie is still very early in (pre?) production, which is why it didn't show up on IMDB. From the looks of it, there's a very good chance it will actually happen. :wub:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Excellent!

So it looks like the movie is still very early in (pre?) production, which is why it didn't show up on IMDB.  From the looks of it, there's a very good chance it will actually happen. :p

Yeah it looks like a possibility

Also there's news of a "B Movie" remake to be made after the summer blockbuster.

Might give that one a miss :wub:"

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Feel free to make your own parody. I very quickly realised that I know far too few words of the street lexicon to complete it.  :">

I suppose it would be easier to do it in 1337 ...  :lol:

Then again, I'll do it later ...

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

Nobody would've been believin' back in the day dat our hood was bein' eyed by poindexters smarter than any of us homies, but shot down by a gat just as easy as us; we went around frontin', while they watched us like lab rats, like brothas be watchin' the hos. We be content to sit back and drink a forty, light up some bud, constantly frontin, playin' the game, we were kings of our hood. It be possible the hos do the same thang. None of us be thinkin' 'bout the other planets as rival gangs, or we thought 'bout them as pedestrians, unlikely to call the 5-0 on us. It be hard to get in the head of the homies in the good old days. Most of us brothas figured there be other homies on Mars, panzy b!tches who could be exploited maybe. But so far away, the poindexters be makin' plots against our hood, and wantin' to be startin' an all out gang war.

This was a rush job. I once translated The Third Act of Antigone into 'Street' vernacular for an English assignment. That was weird, and even more fun because part of the assignment was we were to act it out.

You know, that almost sound like a WH40K Ork tried to read the script. Just add some boyz, noggin's and WAAAAGH and you have it.

Yeah it looks like a possibility

Also there's news of a "B Movie" remake to be made after the summer blockbuster.

Might give that one a miss :lol:"

I wouldn't call it a B movie. A film outfit in Britain dedicated to making a faithful adaptation of the book finished filming War of the Worlds before Speilburg had filmed anything. Once Spielburg heard about this, they started a media war trashing the other production.

There is no need. One movie is a faithful adaptation in a different time period, and one a is a modern reinvention that doesn't actually feature Martians.

Spielburg has been rushing through this movie as quickly as possible to get it out before the other version.q

Actually there are 4 'Worlds' movies out/coming out

1/ Released in the U.S only Pendragon Pictures 1898 setting - sadly done on a very low budget with no good reviews to date - released 14th June on DVD

2/ THE ASYLUM Pictures TV/Movie of 'War Of The Worlds' set in modern day U.S. Another low budget film that is actually very good, although the machines are NOT tripods, but rather 6 legged machines.

3/ Paramount Pictures film version starring Tom Cruise, released in the U.S on the 29th June and U.K on the 1st July :-"

4/ And the one were all waiting for - Jeff Wayne's film version of his classic masterpiece. Set in Victorian England and follows the original H.G.Wells novel with his music, set for release in either late 2007/early 2008. Currently in production :lol::)