Bastila's "Darth" Name...

ncr

There were always many Sith Lords, but for a time, there was only one Dark Lord of the Sith (Darth).  Whether the Dark Lord of the Sith used the "Darth" title is irrelavant...  He still held that title and was like a king/emperor and all the other Sith Lords were like... Barons or Counts or whatever.

But Vader is called Dark Lord of the Sith at starwars.com, but he's still the apprentice of Darth Sidious.

But that's after Darth Bane's "one master, one apprentice" rule came into effect. After that, all Sith used the "Darth" title.

There were always many Sith Lords, but for a time, there was only one Dark Lord of the Sith (Darth).  Whether the Dark Lord of the Sith used the "Darth" title is irrelavant...  He still held that title and was like a king/emperor and all the other Sith Lords were like... Barons or Counts or whatever.

But Vader is called Dark Lord of the Sith at starwars.com, but he's still the apprentice of Darth Sidious.

Vader Kills Sidious At the end of the movie series thus, technically he does becom the dark lord of the sith, although this could also be debated because by killing his master Vader is actually straying from the dark side. But still in the tradition of the sith, since he killed his master, he would become the dark lord of the Sith.

Darth Bob?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Vader Kills Sidious At the end of the movie series thus, technically he does becom the dark lord of the sith, although this could also be debated because by killing his master Vader is actually straying from the dark side. But still in the tradition of the sith, since he killed his master, he would become the dark lord of the Sith.

If that was the case, then I would doubt that starwars.com would refer to Vader as The Dark Lord of the Sith. They're not going to give him the title for killing the Emperor, although as you said his killing of the emperor was part of his redemption, not claiming the mantle of Dark Lord.

Guest MacleodCorp
In KOTOR I, when Bastila turned to the Darkside, did she ever get one? :rolleyes:

Like everyone has said, "Bastilla was a fallen Jedi, and she was not a Darth/Lord of the Sith.

If she was ever to become a Darth, her name would probally be:

"Darth The Emotionally Impaired"

The title of dark lord of the sith was brought into effect under Exar Kun. He was the Dark Lord for a really long time (depending on who you ask at least.) his spirit was excised from the temples on yavin where Luke set his Academy up. Those were his personal playground. Anyway either you believe that he kept the title for 5000 years and thus negate all intervening Dark Lords. (meaning that Reven couldn't be Darth Revan and so on) or he lost his title along with his body. Now Vader is called the Dark Lord because he is, for all intents and purposes, The strongest sith. The title of Dark Lord goes to the Strongest Sith until he dies, Usually from his apprentice. The other major player during Exar Kun's reign is Ulic Qel-Droma, this guy was named First apprentice. meaning that you can technically have a dark lord academy. but you only work one on one with the first apprentice. Course this totally invalidates the Academy on Korribon from Kotor but who cares. :lol:

Hee Hee

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hey it's what i picked up from reading too much

Darth DarthMalak. :lol:

i guess they just make it up... Darth Plageus, Darth Tyrannus, Darth Sidious all are very dark but hey...

it's what palpitine did. "I hearby dub the Darth Vader." so the first apprentice is given his doom and gloom name by his master if his name is too cheery i guess.