KotOR 1 with Sith Lords goodies???

Is it possible to patch KotOR 1 up so that it uses the same augmentations and changes put into Sith Lords?

Saber upgrades, new force powers, color crystal drops and such?

I realize you can't put in the prestige classes into KotOR 1, you don't start as a Jedi and the level-cap is problematic, plus the prestige class itself is weaved into the dialogue with Kreia.

But the other, non-plot-specific changes, could those be added to KoTOR 1?

I've just finished Sith Lords for the second time and feel like trying KotOR 1 again but it's a bit of a drag to "downgrade".

What think you?`

(I've been searching the internet for a while but didn't find anything on the subject, hope this hasn't been asked too many times before)

I would have thought this question would've come up more often, I mean is there no one who would like to replay "Knights of the Old Republic" with the gear and clothes of "Sith Lords"???

In "Diablo II" they managed to add the concept of 2 sets of weaponry which could be switched-between with a single click (like "Sith Lords" implemented) and it was just through a patch.

I know someone did something similar with Jedi Academy being able to play Jedi Outcast or so I think.

You mean the Dark Forces mod for JK:A? What happened there is that they didn't carry content from the original game to the new, but recreated it in a homage to the original. That gets around LucasArts prohibition on the subject.

Of course, in that instance, you are talking about taking content between two completely different game engines so that was the only way to go anyway...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

I know they've done almost the same thing with the Baldur's Gate game, like the Tutu mod(search Google if you're curious) or perhaps "The Big Picture" stuff. It plucks BGI out of its engine and gives it the BGII stuff like monks, higher resolution, new journal, better weapon proficiencies, kits, etc.

I know they've done almost the same thing with the Baldur's Gate game, like the Tutu mod(search Google if you're curious) or perhaps "The Big Picture" stuff.  It plucks BGI out of its engine and gives it the BGII stuff like monks, higher resolution, new journal, better weapon proficiencies, kits, etc.

Now that is one of the GREAT mods out there. A shame I'm not really into BG anymore, since that mod makes the BG1 part of the saga so much more replayable.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Strange that there are no user comments against this. Has anyone tried it?

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

I believe it's a legal issue about content produced between Obsidian & LA versus BioWare & LA produced content or somesuch. (don't quote me on that though ;) )

I read something about it yesterday on Holowan labs, since USM got me interested in mod going-ons again (and having a play through of both games) ... The entire LucasForums network seems to be down right now though.

A lot of the comments were accidently deleted at pcgamemods.com because there administrator or someone accidently deleted them.

"I'm sure that any of you who use the forum frequently are noticing that there are some posts missing. I accidently deleted every post in the forum. This was completely my fault, and no I did not have any backups (which I have recently fixed). So I extend my apologies to those of you who have lost valueable information and I promise it will not happen again." -Sergio from pcgamemods.

I remember there used to be comments because I read them.

The main, technical reason that you can't mod KOTOR to be more like TSL is the core executables and game functions have changed, I.E. the code base itself has changed.

Even the model format for the player models (among others) has changed which is one big reason why you can't "import" heads from KOTOR into TSL to give a better selection to choose from at character creation.

There are legal reasons, obviously, but the more accurate one is the games are two entirely different programs in terms of what they do as well as how the new models... Like flowing robes... Are programmed to react to these changes.

Interesting Note: Bioware was going to do the sequel to KOTOR, but then opted to let Obsidian do it. This is why a majority of the original models, except for major ones like Jolee and Juhani, are still in the game, but just not unlocked or used at all in TSL, but this is a moot point since the code base changed as a result of OE's efforts anyway.

So it's both a legal and tech-evolving problem to Lordify KotOR, that's typical.

Yes, imported faces would be a nice touch. Also, didn't the three classes have different body builds in KotOR? Scoundrel being slim, scout being normal and Soldier being beefy? I liked those distinctions, especially when I played through for the second time. I always like to play extremes, first a petite blonde LS Jedi Consular girl, then a towering DS dark-haired guy.

JamieKirby: I don't believe them "rushing" the game out has any impact on the incompatibility between KotOR 1&2, as was explained here they are two different games. They would've stayed incompatible even if extra care had been taken on TSL stability and polish.

Also, after the latest patch and the newest graphic drivers, the game actually is problem-free for me, I think you're setting the bar for what constitutes a "finished/playable game" a bit too high.

I believe that there would be some legal issues involved in this...

Well, if Lucasarts and Obsidian did there sodding job right, none of us would be wanting to do this......rushing a game out should be illegal and if it gets done, the companies involved gets find 1,000,000 or more

I don't see how that would help anyone though?!? Sure, it would encourage them to get games out faster, but unless your being sarcastic, which OK then :thumbsup: , but that ridiculous. Plus the only reason TSL was out early and buggy is because Lucasarts pushed them too much..

I don't believe it's a matter of legality.

However, as it has been stated before, the model formats are different and the engines are different. It's not easy to port content from one game to the other, and it likely will never happen.