Revan's (or the Exile's) role in KOTOR3

I was thinking of a possible role for Revan (or the exile) that would fit in with most prerequisites of what people think would make a decent KOTOR 3.

Have KOTOR III start with a new character maybe even a smuggler-turned-Jedi like Kyle Katarn, but have Revan (or the exile) return in the capacity of a mentor, not unlike Kreia, hooded and mysterious. He would then have an excuse for hiding his powers (like Kreia), and he would then take on an educatory role whose teachings vary according to whether he was LS or DS as the player chose. If possible the sex of the mentor could be made vague, and could be used later as an explanation of hiding the mentor's true identity. As such he could use a Malak-esque voice apparatus and other devices. This could provide the Big Twist in the KOTOR 3 storyline, while giving Revan (or the exile) a big role in the storyline and eliminating the problem of his overpowered-ness until late in the game.

Presumably, Revan (or the exile) would want to return back to the Republic to warn them about the True Sith (if they were LS.) I can't think of a DS explanation though.

Of course, such a thing would be difficult to execute properly, but thats another point.

i think that a third main character will complicate things even more. When you say "If possible the sex of the mentor could be made vague" what exactly do you have in mind???????

I believe that K3 will have Revan and Exile fight or join forces in DS or LS. The "overpowered-ness" problem is unavoidable. Probably you will start at lvl 10 and your enemies will be lvl 11 or higher. I am also curious about continuity. How will the choices made in K1 and K2 be "tranferred" to K3???

i think that a third main character will complicate things even more. When you say "If possible the sex of the mentor could be made vague" what exactly do you have in mind???????

I believe that K3 will have Revan and Exile fight or join forces in DS or LS. The "overpowered-ness" problem is unavoidable. Probably you will start at lvl 10 and your enemies will be lvl 11 or higher. I am also curious about continuity. How will the choices made in K1 and K2 be "tranferred" to K3???

Sorry, I meant that the apparent sex of the character could be made to be difficult to determine, eg using a voice synthesizer, masks etc. Or even have him speak into the character's mind.

As the the second query, something akin to the conversation with Atton on Peragus in K2?

I would rather myself play Revan, but that seems to be sadly impossible, not because it would be impossible to make such a game, but because the developers would most probably not consider such a thing.

Obsidian created this mess by continuing a finished story without closing it. I don't envy whoever has to tidy this mess up when or if the game is made.

i fully agree.

@TerranEarth:

We've got Revan: LS/DS, M/F and Exile: LS/DS, M/F. That means 16 different options.........