Upload Saved game option for KOTOR 3

I was thinking about all the discussion on the boards about KOTOR 3 and people wanting to have the story of KOTOR 2 continued and thought of an idea.

What if they made a option in KOTOR 3 that allowed you to upload a saved game from KOTOR 2 into the game that set it up to continue aspects of the game like whether Exile is male or Female, whether you chose for Revan to be Dark or Light etc that way when people play the 3rd Kotor they have a true feeling that its a continuation of the last KOTOR they played. It could even take other parts like what relationship the Exile ended the game with, like if you had a romance with a character that would continue into the 3rd version.

This is obviously based on if the Exile is the main character again.

Just a thought...

Worsin

I think it'd be great.. as Worsin had stated "as an option"..

NWN: Hordes of the Underdark did something similiar to this where you could use a savegame from NWN: Shadows of Undrentide...

It carried over your character's stats and inventory and really propelled the story to be believable (if you decided to go with the option)...

KotOR 3 would have to be significantly more difficult though if you import an already high level character. That was perhaps the one downfall of NWN: HotU, if you didn't have a previous save, it took quite awhile to generate your character...

Still, I'd vote for it :D

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

I think it'd be great.. as Worsin had stated "as an option"..

NWN: Hordes of the Underdark did something similiar to this where you could use a savegame from NWN: Shadows of Undrentide...

It carried over your character's stats and inventory and really propelled the story to be believable (if you decided to go with the option)...

KotOR 3 would have to be significantly more difficult though if you import an already high level character. That was perhaps the one downfall of NWN: HotU, if you didn't have a previous save, it took quite awhile to generate your character...

Still, I'd vote for it  :D

No im not talking about importing your character, im saying importing all the facts that you have created with the storyline. People have argued that they want it more in line with how they played the previous KOTORS.

For example: Poeple that played Revan as a Female in Kotor 1 would like to be able to see Revan as a female in Kotor 3 and if you remember in KOTOR 2 the Sex, and Light Dark aspects of Revan are established by the player.

If you took other information from the storyline ONLY that you created as you played KOTOR 2 it would give the 3rd a much more realistic feel for older players.

No im not talking about importing your character, im saying importing all the facts that you have created with the storyline.  People have argued that they want it more in line with how they played the previous KOTORS.

For example: Poeple that played Revan as a Female in Kotor 1 would like to be able to see Revan as a female in Kotor 3 and if you remember in KOTOR 2 the Sex, and Light Dark aspects of Revan are established by the player.

If you took other information from the storyline ONLY that you created as you played KOTOR 2 it would give the 3rd a much more realistic feel for older players.

Then that too would be killer :(

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

No im not talking about importing your character, im saying importing all the facts that you have created with the storyline.  People have argued that they want it more in line with how they played the previous KOTORS.

Then that too would be killer :lol:

I second that! ;)

Then that too would be killer :huh:

I second that! :thumbsup:

Just like the gd old days of the Baldur's Gate series, instead of importing characters, importing info - although won't that be kinda difficult? How do u extract info from the previous game and put it into the nxt 1? unless of course u have options at the start to choose hu all the characters r and wat they look like?