Atris and Katarr

When the Exile told the Jedi Masters on Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa that Atris is on Telos, they both acted surprised and said "I thought she went to Katarr". So how did Atris survived Katarr? According to Visas she was the only survivor. Anybody has any ideas?

I don't know for sure, but I thought Atris never actually went to Katarr. She was trying to use the jedi on Katarr as bait to draw out the Sith and maybe even leaked information about the meeting to do so. Of course, she didn't know that Nihilus would wipe them out so easily, so she failed. The jedi are surprised because they were tricked by Atris.

Atris didn't go to Katarr. Though it's not mentioned anywhere in the game, either the sound files or the dialog file (or both) contain reference(s) to Atris having disseminated information about the Jedi conclave on Katarr in hope of making the threat to the Jedi reveal itself. It did, and a dead world - save for Visas - was the result.

It was well shown that she was pretty arrogant when you first meet her, but to have Atris selling out the Jedi on Katarr is definitely much more "evil" than I originally I thought, where she just sold you out. Not to mention that it happened before she did it to you too.

Doesn't Chief Wiggam wonder "why is it always the pretty ladies that are insane?" or something like that?

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Atris isn't a woman of action, and I don't buy her escaping Katarr, or intentionally selling out the Jedi there.

Atris hid on Telos because she has always been driven by fear. She wanted to follow the Exile, Revan and Malak, but she was afraid to. Furthermore, she is afraid to teach the ways of the Jedi, despite claiming to try and preserve such knowledge.

It is her emotions that allowed her to be corrupted by the Sith artifacts.

The best part is prior to K2's release, Atris fandom was such, that she practically had a following of worshipers on this board. Oh, what I would have given to see the looks on their faces when all that love turned to hate...Can you feel the love baby?

I DON'T THINK SO. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Oh, what I would have given to see the looks on their faces when all that love turned to hate...Can you feel the love baby?

I DON'T THINK SO.  ^_^

Pre-game: "Wow, I hope she's the Male Exiles romance party member"

First appearance: "wtf! They've screwed up the model/head!"

After getting 1st Master: "what...can't go back convince her to join the search (not a recuitable)"

Endings: "Turns :wub: evil and turns out she's not Nihilus"

:wub: "what have they done..what a waste of a perfect LS looking Jedi"

Just substitute my face for that smiley!

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Oh, what I would have given to see the looks on their faces when all that love turned to hate...Can you feel the love baby?

I DON'T THINK SO.  ^_^

Pre-game: "Wow, I hope she's the Male Exiles romance party member"

First appearance: "wtf! They've screwed up the model/head!"

After getting 1st Master: "what...can't go back convince her to join the search (not a recuitable)"

Endings: "Turns :o evil and turns out she's not Nihilus"

:wub: "what have they done..what a waste of a perfect LS looking Jedi"

Just substitute my face for that smiley!

Gold.

EDIT: Oh, but you forgot the voice. For humanity, the voice... :wub:

*shudders*

manthing2.jpg

Atris isn't a woman of action, and I don't buy her escaping Katarr, or intentionally selling out the Jedi there.

Atris hid on Telos because she has always been driven by fear.  She wanted to follow the Exile, Revan and Malak, but she was afraid to.  Furthermore, she is afraid to teach the ways of the Jedi, despite claiming to try and preserve such knowledge.

It is her emotions that allowed her to be corrupted by the Sith artifacts.

Atris is trying to make up for her past fears, for being too afraid to join the Exile; she wants to atone for that by single-handedly defeating the new Sith threat. That's what leads her to study the Sith Holocrons (to understand the enemy), and what leads her to leak the info about Katarr; she figures they'll show up, she and the other Jedi will defeat the Sith, and she'll be the action hero she's always secretly wanted to be.

Of course, it doesn't really work out that way for her, and she doesn't realize that her fear and actions are driving her down the dark path...

I guess the main thing which catches me by suprise here (and I'm not too sure about it anymore after reading some replies), is that whether she sold the Jedi out. Not necessarily leading the Jedi into a deathtrap ( like you said there was an apparently good chance of victory), but did she deliberately leak the information about Katarr out.

There's still a chance that Nihilus managed to find out about it on his own, but ofcourse that'd be a cowards way out of this discussion. Me want more...

sigpic0yb.jpg

If she did leak the information, it's not a conversation option I saw.

She may have been ignorant enough to think she could defeat them, but why lure the Sith out if she wasn't going to Katarr to confront them herself?

She leaked the info im pretty sure. When the sith went straight to the planet and killed everyone on it apart from Visas she was even more upset than before thus leading her to delve into the sith artifacts even more to find out the nature of the threat she is facing. However her emotions get the better of her and the point she turns fully dark side is where Kreia talks to her i think she could guilt trip her about the deaths of all the jedi, being the betrayer. However Atris thought that the sith would come to battle the jedi face to face and she would become a hero for helping to draw out and defeat the threat.

"Her robes and lightsaber stance gave me the impression she would be like a Jedi/samurai cross-breed. Her character did greatly disappoint me."

The robes were inspired by (copied from) the prequel trilogy's Jedi Librarian. I guess Obsidian trusted too much on people recognizing them and making the connection.

I, for one, guessed her Sithy ways before release. She looked like some winter queen from a fairy tale.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

• 16 years later...

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC - KOTOR1

ATRIS is guilty of genocide - deaths of all jedi on katarr, the hole Miraluka population and crimes against civilization.

She has fallen to the dark side or more precisely was lured by the Sith holocrons to do it. This is because she was too proud and self righteous to admit that she despised the inaction of jedi order and herself during the mandalorian wars. The despised as well what had become of the jedi order, however she refused to acknowledge her part in it - instead she has devised a parallel reality which was meant for protect her from her feelings of shame, guilt and helplessness.  Deep down she knew that Exile was right to take part in the Mandalorian wars and managed to save the republic when the jedi have sat idle and refused to acknowledge the threat. Her hate for exile was a mechanism she created for self defense to protect her superiority complex, however deep down she envied the Exile.

She became so detouched from reality that she started to believe that she was the only one able to lure out and destroy the sith threat as well as save the republic and the jedi order. She leaked the information to the jedi conclave on Katarr to the sith to lure them out, regardless of the price. She was however not prepared for the threat that would reveal itself. When Darth Nihilus has devoured the whole planet of Katarr with all the jedi there - she refused to acknowledge the nature and the consequences of her actions.

Instead, she isolated herself from the world, retreated inwards and maintained a barriers of lies  that surrounded her to protect her from the reality - much lie Hitler during the last weeks of the 2nd World War. She made herself to believe that she still has everything under control, and that the Fall of the Sith by her hand is imminent. The Sith holocrons made her believe that the jedi order (in its current form that allowed its members to fall to the dark side to cause galactic civil wars and suffering of so many) had to be annihilated in order for that to be achieved. That the new jedi order needs to be established by her - a more dogmatic and strict  jedi order that will be immune to dark side temptations and whose members could not be corrupted by power.

After Katarr, she proceeded to plan B involving the exile. She had orchestrated the sith hunt for the Exile in hope that it will force the Sith to reveal their weaknessess and give her an opportunity to identify their weak points and later destroy them as well as get rid of the Exile she convinced herself she was betrayed by. She believed herself to be capable to destroy the sith once and for all, not having realized that because of her Machiavellian methods (The End justifies the Means) she became a Sith herself in all but name, and that she destroyed the only thing ever believed in, cared for and wanted to protect - the jedi order.

Atris had caused a genocide of the entire nation for the sake of maintaining her sanity and protect her image in her own eyes. She became so embedded in the Sith teachings (which she studied to learn how to defeat them) that she had fallen to the Dark Side without realizing it.

Atris is a tragic character - she became the very thing she swore to eradicate and destroyed the only thing she aimed to protect.

Kopie von Stop Bullying Flyer - Erstellt mit PosterMyWall(2).jpg