Signifigance of names

11XHooah

My name By-Tor is taken from a Rush song, By-tor and the Snowdog. Probably my favorite song ever. It also tells a story :thumbsup::wub:

My Avatar is like something I totally randomly found while clearing out my PC. I think it looks sorta cool :thumbsup: :cool:

My quote is the opening lines from arguebly the greatest science fiction novel of all time, War Of The Worlds. I'm looking folward to the film, but I don't like the fact that it's set in modern day America, rather than the classicaly intended 19th Century Britain. :angry: Ah well it's made by Spielberg, the same nutter who put baseball in a Peter Pan film.

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Shh, Bytor... here, take this.

war.gif

WEEEOOO..weeoo....weeeooooo

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I picked my name because I love unicorns. I was "horse crazy" as a child, and when I started reading fantasy as a teenager - well, it was just a natural progression. I have a nice little collection of unicorns, all gifts from family and friends, which make them even more special.

The avatar is from IWD2 - I loved the game (still trying to finish it! Had to restart, and I generally only have enough time to devote to playing it in the winter, when there's no yard work, etc, to take up my valuable time! :thumbsup: ) Also, I'm a red-head, and have always been something of a fighter, so it seemed to fit.

The quote, obviously, is from Mercedes Lackey - one of my favorite authors. I think it's from the Oathbreaker series, said by Kerowyn, who I think is just an awesome character. Plus, it's good advice, regardless of where or when you live!

raneforyon is quenya (Tolkien again =D) for Ferdinand, which is my real name (well almost, my name is Fernando, but Fernando is just a spanish form of Ferdinand)

the avatar is a headshot of Tom Waits

btw, Atreides is the name of one of the Great Houses of the Dune novels

Shh, Bytor...  here, take this.

war.gif

Thanks Kaftan! :thumbsup:

You know I've actually got the original LP of that on vynal. :thumbsup:

The music's just great...

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

war.gif

Since the music from that version isn't (as far as I'm aware) in the new film, I do not see how the new film can do anything but suck. You can't have War of the Worlds without the "DUN-DUN-DUN...DUN-DUN-DUN" theme tune.

Oh, my new signature is a line from the truly brilliant anime/manga series that is Azumanga Daioh. It refers to a superstition in Japan that the three luckiest things you can see in a dream on New Year's Eve are are a hawk, an eggplant, and Mt. Fuji.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Did YOU know:

If you google my name you will get 777 results. 777 is the Kabbalistic number of complete harmony and perfection. It is also the number of Christ and god.

..and on that theme, my kind face and perticular style of hair and beard apparently makes me look exactly like the common western portrayal of Jesus.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Googling "Reveilled" produces 1,970 results, most of them created by people who couldn't spell "revealed" correctly. Of the results, only three relate to me (not including multiple results from the same site), those being my profile here on the Obsidian Forums, my profile on FARK, and a post I made on the Paradox forums concerning a mod I was making for their game Victoria.

Also, 1970 is the year in which a cholera outbreak began in eastern slovakia on the day of my birthday. Fascinating. :-

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Googling "unicorn" gives over 3 million results (no shock there).

I was born 2 days before Halloween (October 29th) - I always tell people I didn't make it to being a witch, so I'm just a bitch! (No offense to any wiccan, K?)

Even better - 2 days after I was born, the Indianapolis Coliseum blew up during a hockey game. Three weeks after I was born, Kennedy was assassinated. My mom always said that's the measurement of the spread of the shockwave of my birth. >_<

Also, Black Monday, the day of the stock market crash that began the slide towards the great depression, was on October 29th.

Freaky, huh? :thumbsup:

Googling "unicorn" gives over 3 million results (no shock there).

I was born 2 days before Halloween (October 29th) - I always tell people I didn't make it to being a witch, so I'm just a bitch!  (No offense to any wiccan, K?)

Even better - 2 days after I was born, the Indianapolis Coliseum blew up during a hockey game.  Three weeks after I was born, Kennedy was assassinated.  My mom always said that's the measurement of the spread of the shockwave of my birth.  >_<

Also, Black Monday, the day of the stock market crash that began the slide towards the great depression, was on October 29th.

Freaky, huh?  :thumbsup:

Also, your birthday's one day after mine.

Freaky, huh? :ermm:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

the khanster is an addition to my first kotor character's name, which was Talak Khan. Its also my name on the bioware forums, even tho i rarely visit there anymore.

MY avatar signifies me playing the dark side currently.

Edit: btw, since im sure all of you are wondering, google returns EXACTLY 1,120 results

Well, it's all about Star Wars...

I thought something spacy:)... Star... plus something with a feeling...breeze.

That's it.

My pic. is from the film The good the bad and the ugly. (With Clint Eastwood)

And the sig. just goes with the pic. ^_^

I wanted to create a unique online identity that reflected my predeliction for philosophy and technology, and even suggestive of the next evolutionary revolution, hence: metadigital.

This theme is continued in my current avatar, being D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

2. Everbody gets 1000000 or somethin, and I get a big number 2. And they're both from this forum! >_<

Have you considered that this puts you apart from the crowd? You are unique and any search bearing your name will bring forth you. Isn't that an honor of sort in an anonymous world?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Darkside is my nickname at school, which is odd because I tend to be a bit of a pansy. I think it has something to do with my fascination with dark secrets, dark, mysterious stories, dark places, and all things supernatural >_< . That, and it was the first thing I thought of. :blink:" Either way, Darkside just sort of stuck, and now I'm Darkside here and on Bioware (actually my Bioware name is Darkside117, with 117 being the Master Chief's Spartan number in Halo). Like others, I'm starting to get bored with it now.

My avatar was just the one I like the best from the choices given because I'm too lazy to get my own, but I'm starting to look into that.

My sig is a bunch of quotes I like that is always changing, but the first one, the one from Half Life 2, will probably stay. I chose it because I liked the fact that Gordon Freeman (the main character for those poor deprived souls that have never played it :p ) isn't some sort of superhero or the "chosen one", but just a guy who happens to the right man in the wrong place with enough guts to do what has to be done. He'll probably turn out to be a chosen one by the end of the series though. Companies can't seem to get away from that fromula. :huh:

Oh, and googling "darkside" yields 711,000 results.

sig2.gif

58,400,000 search results... Beat that! :D

I wanted to create a unique online identity that reflected my predeliction for philosophy and technology, and even suggestive of the next evolutionary revolution, hence: metadigital.
I always wondered why your name is an adjective. >_<

I always wondered why your name is an adjective. :thumbsup:

I'm back-forming the noun, like US English is fond of doing, with words like "output": "There's my output." :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

war.gif

Since the music from that version isn't (as far as I'm aware) in the new film, I do not see how the new film can do anything but suck. You can't have War of the Worlds without the "DUN-DUN-DUN...DUN-DUN-DUN" theme tune.

I totally agree with you :thumbsup: How is a film like that going to suceed, when there was classic music they could have bought and used, making the film at least 10 times better! :thumbsup: