So uh, why was KOTOR2 rushed?

Time for some serious necroposting! :blink:

I don't see what's so great about the influence system. It just forces you to do and say exactly the same things in connection to your NPC every time you play the game. And once you've done that, they have nothing more to say for the rest of the game. I must say I prefer experience to unlock the backstory of a character, and that doesn't need to have anything to do with characters changing or being dynamic. You can have dynamic characters without having to cuddle them everytime you speak to them. For instance if I want to keep a good relation with Kreia and still be a Good Guy, I know that I can't bring her to the Refugee Sector on Nar Shaddaa. Then again if I'm a Bad Guy, there is much temptation in her tagging along to that place for some easy influence points. I say flush that system down where it belongs.

You *do* know that negative influence has the same effect with regards to conversation choices, don't you? This means that if you are roleplaying consequently to your character, you should get most of the story, regardless of your chosen side. "Consequently", being the keyword here. If you flip flap, the NPCs will assume you're just a jerk and ignore you. It's supposed to depict your character's ability to "break" the will of NPCs, all along the lines of your supposedly uncanny leadership ability.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And when on Korriban, I felt I had to fully "embrace" the Sith teachings to keep my cover.  With the combination of being indoctrinated by the Sith Master, and the lure/hold of the Dark Side, I came out of Korriban a permanently changed man.  ...

I agree, except it wasn't necessary to act DS for any covert reasons; what I mean is, the PC didn't blow their cover by acting like a Jedi on Korriban, and this ruined the suspension of disbelief there, for me. All the encounters with Sith were compartmentalised, so that, even if a fight broke out because my PC acted in a a particular way, the next encounter would occur with the same beginning, middle and scripted ends.

There really needs to be a good reputation system, at least locally.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My main problem (and I think it's been touched on) with the Influence System (or rather the backstories) is that it seemed that there wasn't much else point in talking to your companions once you got full influence. The problem with that is a couple of the characters are pretty easy to get influence with so there was no real point in talking to them after halfway through (or whenever) since their entire backstory was known, and they didn't really have anything new to say.

In that one sense I liked KOTOR 1's way of handling it where it seemed like the characters had something new to say each time you leveled up and their entire story wasn't known til near the end. Or atleast that's how it seemed to me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The sidequests also added some non-critical-path narrative to explore, too. I enjoyed the whole Genohadran (or whatever they were called) and the bonus Trandoshans parts.

It just adds to the overall hurried ambience of K2, because there was nothing to do except the single narrative.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes, the NPC-specific sidequests were something I missed in K2. I enjoyed them and thought they added a lot to the feel that each companion had a story of their own to deal with.

Mandalore *could* have had a sidequest in K2 with the re-uniting of the Mandalorian clans, but apart from getting them to join him on Dxun, you got no XP for it, and it had zero impact on the actual game.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Other than raving fanboi/fangurls, I don't think many people wanted the game rushed for Christmas."

I didn't hear the Xbox users crying when they heard they're getting the game early. People who intended to get it for PC, however, did cry -- for the wrong reasons: I still remember how pissed they were for them having to wait months beyond what the Xboxers would have to.

:devil: The heck you on about? What were the wrong reasons? O.o We got KOTOR2 for PC and XBoX the same day.

EDIT: Even though KOTOR1 got released on XBoX before on the PC.

I was understanding that the first KOTOR was suppose to be for the X-box system only. The computer -version was in the works , but the X-box, Microsoft, people had planned for an earlier X-box release. American-version. Just something someone told me.

Jodo kast 5 is an expert on pointlessness. You might say it's his forte.

Mmm, I sense there is much to learn from this one.

No, I don't think you would want to learn anything from him. We are enough spammers around here as it is. :D

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Jodo kast 5 is an expert on pointlessness. You might say it's his forte.

Mmm, I sense there is much to learn from this one.

No, I don't think you would want to learn anything from him. We are enough spammers around here as it is. :D

I realise now that there was much room for misunderstanding in my post. Therefore I herewith supply a patch to post #141 in this thread, in which I wish to clarify that I do not sense that there is much to learn from the poster known as "jodo kast 5" (his Christian name remains unknown to me; he might even be a she for all I know) in any area I wish to improve on concerning my person. I do, however, sense that there is much to learn from the poster known as "Nartwak" (his Christian name remains unknown to me as well; he might even also be a she for all I know), given his/her insightful comment upon my post.

But perhaps your comment stands, in which case I apologise. :D

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Come on now, Numbers Man. Stop picking on the 13...no wait 22....no umm....18? year old.

He has enough trouble making pointless posts and trying to calculate his birthyear without being picked on.