KOTOR III Poll

ncr

Should KOTOR III be made for PS3, Xbox360, or both?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should KOTOR III be made for PS3, Xbox360, or both?

• I think KOTOR III should be made for PS3
    • I think KOTOR III should be made for Xbox360
    • I think KOTOR III should be made for Both (PS3 & Xbox360)
    • KOTOR III belongs on the current Xbox
    • I am a PC gamer, so this doesn't involve me.

I generally buy every system every generation.

However, the PS3 is a much nicer beast than the XBox 360. Both will be expensive, but the PS3 will offer 100% backwards compatibility, 1080p support, and it will be my high-def DVD player for a while.

I'm getting the PS3 first.

Well from my personal PoV I agree with Ender. I really dont particulaly want a 360 but of course if a game I want comes out on it I will get one.

And if I get bored between it's release and that of the PS3 in Japan.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'd like KOTOR III to be released on whichever console has the most capabilty. As we don't know that (I'm not going to believe anything Microsoft or Sony say until their consoles are out), I'm not going to vote for now.

Well Sony didn't lie about the pure technical performance of the PS1 or PS2. Why suggest that the specs of the PS3 are fabricated?

The same can be said of M$. The XBox was exactly what they said it would be.

The systems will be tested, and torn apart eventually. If they lie about their hardware, they will be discovered.

In pure processing power, the PS3 is twice as powerful as the XBox 360.

The XBox 360 is capable of putting out a 720p image on one TV. The PS3 can put out two 1080p images on two TVs. Why split screen on one TV?

Add to that a Blu-Ray player, and from a pure hardware standpoint the PS3 is clearly superior.

The 360 should retail at $299 with each unit sold costing MS $75 (in other words they make a $75 loss on each console).

No details on a PS3 pricepoint, or how much each unit will cost Sony.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well Sony didn't lie about the pure technical performance of the PS1 or PS2.  Why suggest that the specs of the PS3 are fabricated?

The same can be said of M$.  The XBox was exactly what they said it would be.

The systems will be tested, and torn apart eventually.  If they lie about their hardware, they will be discovered.

The XBox 360 is capable of putting out a 720p image on one TV.  The PS3 can put out two 1080p images on two TVs.  Why split screen on one TV?

Add to that a Blu-Ray player, and from a pure hardware standpoint the PS3 is clearly superior.

I wasn't specifically referring to the specs of each machine. I was referring more to what the console can achieve in real terms. We've already discovered that both the PS3 and X360 real time demos were run on PCs. They didn't tell us that to start with, and that's the kind of lying I'm talking about.

And I don't think the Blu-ray discs are an adavantage. Most current games don't even fill a standard single layer DVD, so it's unlikely the full capacity of the Blu-ray discs will be used. They're just costly alternatives to normal DVDs.

I suppose the best situation would be to release KOTOR III on all next generation platforms, as long as they develop it for the most powerful platform and port it to the others and not the other way round. That way, everybody can play the game to the capabilities of their console, and nobody misses out on playing this game just because they own the wrong console.

Well Sony didn't lie about the pure technical performance of the PS1 or PS2.  Why suggest that the specs of the PS3 are fabricated?

The systems will be tested, and torn apart eventually.  If they lie about their hardware, they will be discovered.

The XBox 360 is capable of putting out a 720p image on one TV.  The PS3 can put out two 1080p images on two TVs.  Why split screen on one TV?

I wasn't specifically referring to the specs of each machine. I was referring more to what the console can achieve in real terms. We've already discovered that both the PS3 and X360 real time demos were run on PCs. They didn't tell us that to start with, and that's the kind of lying I'm talking about.

And I don't think the Blu-ray discs are an adavantage. Most current games don't even fill a standard single layer DVD, so it's unlikely the full capacity of the Blu-ray discs will be used. They're just costly alternatives to normal DVDs.

I suppose the best situation would be to release KOTOR III on all next generation platforms, as long as they develop it for the most powerful platform and port it to the others and not the other way round. That way, everybody can play the game to the capabilities of their console, and nobody misses out on playing this game just because they own the wrong console.

Well it's down to the developers to pull out the potential of the PS3 but hey when you have Squenix , not much to worry about on that score. FF Neo

Actually when it comes to JRPGs which are loooooong 2 disks isnt uncommon for 80-100 hour playtimes. Considering the graphical upgrades, full VO's etc blueray is going to be very handy although I dont see it kicking in till later in the consoles lifespan. If however it does pickup the 360 will be obsolete as it just wont be able to compete and cross platforming will seriously hold back the PS3.

Exclusives are always going to be the bread and butter of consoles. Also if you look at any of the console titles its the exclusives that are the best on the system.

478327[/snapback]

Looks like I have been conned into buying both the Xbox 360 and PS3.Xbox 360 because Kotor III will be more likely to be released on the Xbox 360 because of its past titles Kotor 1 and 2. as for PS 3 I will buy one and try it out to see what its like.

Xbox 360 and Nintendo Revolution

The PS3 will be a waste of Money. All sony does is mass produce crap as quick as possible to claim the most titles and then people get sucked in. There were maybe 3 titles on the PS2 that were worth paying for that could not be obtained on either the cube or the xbox ...

Learn from history.

The PS3 will be a waste of Money.  All sony does is mass produce crap as quick as possible to claim the most titles and then people get sucked in.  There were maybe 3 titles on the PS2 that were worth paying for that could not be obtained on either the cube or the xbox ...

Learn from history.

Probably a bit of an exageration but equally very few Xbox exclusives were worth owning the machine for either. Yes the Xbox had a technical edge which made owning cross platform titles on it slightly more disirable, however thats no longer the case the PS3 overshadows the 360 completely when it comes to raw technology.

478327[/snapback]

Here's hoping that it doesn't get ported to any blinking console; just made into a super PC game, that handles native resoultions up to WUXGA (1920x1200), with High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendered graphics.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes Sony did lie but by the time people found out no one cared any more because they still believe that the it was the revolutionary thing that Sony said it would be but it really wasn't. Sony has learned that they can get away with lies and they can do it to sell consoles and they did. They're going to do the same thing again.Why would they have to lie about Killzone 2 being renderd?

The PS3 will be a waste of Money.  All sony does is mass produce crap as quick as possible to claim the most titles and then people get sucked in.  There were maybe 3 titles on the PS2 that were worth paying for that could not be obtained on either the cube or the xbox ...

Learn from history.

Yes and because someone already wasted over $450 on it people will not want to admit that they choose wrong and do anything the prevent themselves from thinking otherwise likr by going to the Xbox forums and saying "GEYBOX S00XXES!".

Stupid fanboys <_<

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

the xbox 360 is were it should stay. the xbox 360 will have perfect graphics and will be the perfect system. the ps3  is scheduald for 2006. when the xbox 360 is scheduald for late  2005 . :)

From what I've read, I get the impression that the PS3 will be superior. Sure, Sony could be lying about aspects of their console, but logically, a console that is released 6 months later than the X360 will have more recent technology to use. So this means it will be technologically superior. At the moment we don't know for sure which console is better.

I don't think the release dates of the consoles are really relevant. Unless you're suggesting that development is rushed so KOTOR III can be out for this Christmas. I figure it would probably be impossible to develop it in that short space of time anyway. We probably won't see it until well into 2006.

When there is competition, we the consumer, usually win in the long run. That being said, I have had a lot more fun with my Xbox than any other system. Heck the only serious game time on the PS2 was the GTA series...and even those were better on the box, just took them forever to land on it. I'm one of those people who beat Morrowind GOTY, and you can't spend that much time on something and not start to fall in love. So if KOTOR III could only be on one system, I would hope Obsidian would stick to their roots and develop it for the 360.