Re-Release of KOTOR2 on XBOX

I was, and still am, a big fan of the original Bioware RPG: Knights of the Old Republic. Ever since KOTOR2 2 was released, I have been itching to get it. Unfortunately, all the bugs that have been reported have steered me away.

Now, paying 50 bucks for a 6-month old severely buggy game is not something I plan on doing. Since this is Obsidian's official boards, I was wondering if there is any plan to actually test the game, fix the bugs, and then re-release it on Xbox...

Xbox is pretty well screwed. They arent doing anything for it but my game had no problems at all, but I also dont have much information stored on it. It just depends how your Xbox reacts. I see alot of people complaining but I know I had no problems at all untill I had 15 save game slots, and even then all I had to do was delete. You should go and rent the game and see how it reacts.

The bugs haven't really been a problem for me. They are there, but there's nothing that particularly ruins the game. It's been out for a while now, so you can probably find somewhere that isn't charging full price for it. If you're still unsure, try renting it first, and then see what you think of it.

So, you think it is because of having too many save game slots? I sure hope that's the case, I only used around 3 for the original.

The problem with renting is that this is such a huge game. With the original, I had logged around 47 hours when I entered the final fight with Malak. Renting it for a few days could deliver no bugs, but upon buying it and playing it longer I could get some show stoppers.

They really need to re-release this. Maybe as a platinum edition or something. Or possibly add a new world in, as an addition to fixing the bugs, kind of like what Morrowind did with GOTY.

So, you think it is because of having too many save game slots? I sure hope that's the case, I only used around 3 for the original.

The problem with renting is that this is such a huge game. With the original, I had logged around 47 hours when I entered the final fight with Malak. Renting it for a few days could deliver no bugs, but upon buying it and playing it longer I could get some show stoppers.

They really need to re-release this. Maybe as a platinum edition or something. Or possibly add a new world in, as an addition to fixing the bugs, kind of like what Morrowind did with GOTY.

They should and possibly could.....but they won't. If they REALLY cared that much about the game, it wouldn't have been sent out in the condition it was in. What would make you think they would fix it now? They've already got our $50. Its a buggy game with a lame, weak, and unimaginative ending that needed more work and heart put into it.....no doubt about that. They were given a time in which to finish it, accepted the job, and achieved their goal.....make money. "Quality" has never been that important when it comes to Star Wars games, especially for the console. Just take the game as it is, cause OB sees it as being a masterpiece....just ask them or look on the main page at all the "awesome" reviews. :)

One of the major glitches (that causes the game to freeze, or for saves to become corrupted), is actually a left-over from the first KOTOR - if you repeatedly write over the same slot, it starts causing issues with saving/loading. That's why one of the loading screens bears the message 'Save often, and in different slots' - because even though the bug was well documented in the first, Obsidian obviously didn't have the time and/or knowleadge to fix it.

I had some minor bugs on my XBOX version. The Ravager was pretty buggy but aside from that it was nothing too serious. And if you don't want to pay top dollar for K2 maybe you should look into a used copy... :wub:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was, and still am, a big fan of the original Bioware RPG: Knights of the Old Republic. Ever since KOTOR2 2 was released, I have been itching to get it. Unfortunately, all the bugs that have been reported have steered me away.

Now, paying 50 bucks for a 6-month old severely buggy game is not something I plan on doing. Since this is Obsidian's official boards, I was wondering if there is any plan to actually test the game, fix the bugs, and then re-release it on Xbox...

Why would they? I've played both versions (PC and XBox) and ran in to zero problems with either. I doubt I'm the only one.

So while I don't doubt that quite a few people had some issues with their game, sometimes even unplayable, why should they re-issue a game that for most people worked adequately.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I know LA won't.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I had the XBox version because I had to get the game right away.

I loved it initially despite my frustrations at the constant crashes and slow downs. I put the game on my DVD rack, and didn't touch it for months.

However, I have a modded XBox. I decided to copy the game to my HDD, and now it runs beautifully.

You need to complete Peragus off the disc, because of a major bug that will occur if you run it off your HDD. Beyond that, the game runs great off the HDD. Then again, a friend of mine ran the game fine off his disc and never had any problems. I believe many people just got bad discs.