Atris in K3

Would you want Atris to appear in K3?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Atris to appear in K3?

• Yes, as a party-member going through Jedi retaining.
    • Yes, as above but Jedi already (through story/quest pickup)
    • Yes, as party-member and a love interest (Exile or otherwise)
    • Yes, but only a short cameo.
    • Yes, I don't care how, as long as she looks as good as the pre-game art and wallpapers.
    • No, she just wouldn't fit into K3 with no story or relevance
    • No, she died during her self-exile (or committed suicide)
    • No, Carth & Bastila escaped their deaths - Atris will not be so lucky!
    • Other/Mix (Post)

I thought I'd make a K3 thread which didn't depend too much on the speculated main story of K3 (which btw I don't like very much).

I thought Atris was under used and to be the whining execution crazy Master, especially with all the attention she got from the art and marketing, and so I think it'd be great for Atris to make another appearance in KotOR 3. Atris ofcourse is either killed by you or goes into self-Exile but as seen with Carth and Bastila, assumptions on whether you killed someone have been made before. You can assume that if you do select a Yes option she will have a better in-game look.

I personally would want Atris as a party member, and depending on if she looks like the younger, more beautiful (w00t) :o art style then also as a love interest. In some ways that would be going back and fulfilling some of the possiblities K2 offered, although I can't think of any situations where'd she'd be relevant to the K3 story.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I was unpleasantly surprised to see that Atris had aged several decades from the promotional posters to her in-game modeling.

Her voice was AWFUL as well. I don't know what the heck the Exile saw in THAT woman. I guess Him leaving her made her go ugly =P jk.

What a dissapointing character, so much potential. I wanted to see her take down Nihilus.

While I don't buy games for sex appeal, I did find the promotional art to be misleading. When I first met her in game, I said to myself, "Oh... she's... old!?!?" Later it was, "So she never fights or even meets Nihilus?!" ;) In short, no KOTOR III for her... nope.

OT: Also, there were some voices in the game that didn't match the characters. Like when you first arrive on Nar Shadaa... the guy who is about to get killed has an old face, but definitely NOT an old mans' voice!

I thought I'd make a K3 thread which didn't depend too much on the speculated main story of K3 (which btw I don't like very much).

I thought Atris was under used, especially with all the attention she got from the art and marketing, and so I think it'd be great for Atris to make another appearance in KotOR 3. Atris ofcourse is either killed by you or goes into self-Exile but as seen with Carth and Bastila, assumptions on whether you killed someone have been made before. You can assume that if you do select a Yes option she will have a better in-game look.

I personally would want Atris as a party member, and depending on if she looks like the younger, more beautiful (w00t)  ;)  art style then also as a love interest. In some ways that would be going back and fulfilling some of the possiblities K2 offered, although I can't think of any situations where'd she'd be relevant to the K3 story.

No I hated Atris but I think Jolee should be brought back.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

How would she be younger in a 3rd installment? I thought the logical choice for a 3rd game would be a step forward in the story?

Either way, I too would like to see her return if there is a 3rd game... although I am not entirely fussed on how. Somehow though I highly doubt that she would be able to be romanced, especially by the Exile. The exile's time for character development was in K2. Don't get me wrong though, I thought that it was unfortunate that she wasnt a 'love' interest in K2 (all that tension!), which is why I hope she plays some part in any future KOTOR game... however I wont be holding my breath. I agree she looked SO much better in the artwork.. and her voice was a bit irritating... prissy like Bastila's voice, only more annoying :)

- Dan

Seriously, I don't understand why they would bring her back. She was really a minor player in the grand scheme of things. In addition, it wouldn't be plausible since I killed her. (w00t)

How would she be younger in a 3rd installment?  I thought the logical choice for a 3rd game would be a step forward in the story?

I meant younger in appearance only so that she looks like what she was supposed to originally look like

it wouldn't be plausible since I killed her.

Hey, Obsidian opened the door with Carth and Bastila.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

How would she be younger in a 3rd installment?  I thought the logical choice for a 3rd game would be a step forward in the story?

perhaps give her some facial plastic surgery?? I'm sure they can do it if they can manage to build robotic hands that can "feel".

anyway, I agree with the box-art being totally missleading. For both Atris and Nihilus, neither played a big part in the game. She seemed so much older in the game, the game made her look 10 years older, and her voice added another 5 to that.

would be nice to have her in K3, even if it's just a reference in a cut scene.

perhaps give her some facial plastic surgery?? I'm sure they can do it if they can manage to build robotic hands that can "feel".

anyway, I agree with the box-art being totally missleading. For both Atris and Nihilus, neither played a big part in the game. She seemed so much older in the game, the game made her look 10 years older, and her voice added another 5 to that.

would be nice to have her in K3, even if it's just a reference in a cut scene.

And she was't exactly a symbol of LS in the game like they made her in the box.

And Nihilius wasn't anywhere as hard as a sith lord should be.

Didn't like Atris, and don't know what Exile saw in her. She was a small-minded, scheming woman who caused him all manner of trouble--don't forget she was the one who made sure all the baddies knew where to find him, and that she wanted him hung, drawn and quartered at the Jedi Council that exiled him. It wasn't enough to see him dishonored, she wanted him dead--she just wanted someone else to do it for her. Maybe she is strong enough to get over herself (even if she wasn't killed), but I doubt it after nursing that big chip on her shoulder for so long. IMO, it would not have been believable for her to go after Nihilus for any reason than arrogance at being the 'only' Jedi left, so she could pen her own name down in history. That's not a saving grace.

Love interest? Ya gotta be kidding. She had her chance, baby. I don't care what she looks like or what the box art showed--good riddance.

Didn't like Atris, and don't know what Exile saw in her.  She was a small-minded, scheming woman who caused him all manner of trouble--don't forget she was the one who made sure all the baddies knew where to find him, and that she wanted him hung, drawn and quartered at the Jedi Council that exiled him.  It wasn't enough to see him dishonored, she wanted him dead--she just wanted someone else to do it for her.  Maybe she is strong enough to get over herself (even if she wasn't killed), but I doubt it after nursing that big chip on her shoulder for so long.  IMO, it would not have been believable for her to go after Nihilus for any reason than arrogance at being the 'only' Jedi left, so she could pen her own name down in history.  That's not a saving grace.

The idea is that if she was alive, it would be from her self-exile, where she would've had time to reflect on it all. If she did appear she wouldn't be like that.

sigpic0yb.jpg

As much as I like her, no. She died in Kotor2 when she crossed the Exile for the last time.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I did not really care for Altris. She was way to twisted by jealousy to make a good Jedi let alone anyone's love interest.

And frankly, I didn't think she looked that old in her pictures. But most of the female characters look pretty young too me.

JediNaava

I really liked Atris and I can understand her jealousy and anger. Her idol, hero and "crush"(depending what gender you played) betraying all the other things she holds sacred (From her point of view minus the exile-spin), would probably make me a bit tissy too.

I'de really like to see her in a sequel as a party member attempting to redeem herself and calm the heck down. But also have a few hints of the darkside left that she has to battlewith once in awhile,especialy if through the story she gets close to some darkside artifact. Like when the holocrons tempt her on telos. I think it would be great to be trying to help her as a partymember to become more humble and get back to the Lightside and redemption.

I think every character should come back like in the the Star Wars Movies. Kreia should come back in spirit form like Obi-Wan in the movies to help guide her students through their journey and her to redemption from the dark side of the force. Atris should come back and try to help Revan and the Exile for her redemption like Kreia. Atris should have a former love interest with the exile maybe have it respark or she could get involved with someone else in the the group. All of the characters that were playable in the other 2 games should be playable in the third. When playing, the group limit of 3 characters should increased to 4 or 5 and the group should have to be split up and work as two or three different groups of characters like the second time at Dxun, the moon of Onderan.

I liked the character of Atris and thought it was one of the biggest tragedies of KotoR2 that they didn't do more with her, but I don't think she would have very much to add to K3.

---

Forgive me for being a bit off-topic, but ...

Looking at the responses, I'm struck by a question I've had for a while. Perhaps it was just me, but was anyone else confused about the relative ages of a lot of the characters in the game?

It seems that a lot of people on this board are of the opinion that the Exile is pretty young, while Atris is pretty old. It particularly struck me in aimo's fanart where Atris is shown as being an adult when the Exile is just a child. This is reinforced by the re-used graphics from the first game for the Exile's portrait and the choice of VA for Atris.

But I always had the impression that Atris and the Exile were actually of an age or at least not that far apart. Here's my (addmitedly conjectural) evidence:

* The Exile is repeatedly suggested as being "old" by Mira (who's probably about 18-20?) and so the Exile is probably at least 30 given how people in their 20s feel about people who are even 30.

* Atris idolized the Exile. Older people tend not to idolize people who are that much younger than them. There's also some suggestions that Atris and the Exile were actually "classmates" and one chose the path of the warrior (you) and she chose the path of the librarian.

* The Disciple gives a clue as well. He says that he was waiting for your (female) Exile to take him on as a padawan. If the Exile was as young as many people believe at the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars, I don't think the Exile would have been allowed to take a student if (s)he were still only like 18 or 19 and the Disciple wouldn't have hoped for the Exile to choose him. Just going by conjecture, I think the earliest the Council would let a Jedi take a padawan would be in the mid-20s or so?

* The years of the Exile's actual exile is listed from like 7 to 10 years after the end of the Mandalorian Wars.

I'm guessing that your exile, despite how he or she looks is actually more in the 35+ range. What does everyone else think?

Atris was a good character and she had alot of potential. It was too bad she played such a small role in k2. I wish they had made her look like her concept art and promotional art picture in game . I liked her voice alot. If she is in K3, i would like to see her look a bit better (more like the promo art). If she isnt, she should still be mentioned. So should kreia.

Of all the Jedi Masters to bring back, why bring back Atris? I honestly couldn't stand the cold icy bitch. Bring back Kavar, bring back Vandar, even Vrook was more tolerable than Atris.

The main point of bringing her back is so that she becomes the person who she was originally "marketed" to be. I didn't like the way (appearance and personality) she turned out ingame, which is why I'd like to her "fixed" version in K3.

sigpic0yb.jpg

I think the exile would be in his/her 40's at the time of Kotor 2. Remember, he/she was a general during the Mandalorian Wars. Nobody in their early 20's become a general, in real life or in Star Wars. The problem is when you play as a Female Exile, the characters you can choose are all young women in their early 20's. That's why I play as a Male exile with the bearded guy. So, the Exile should be older or about the same age as Atris.