Battle droid "bombs"?

Well, if you arm the battle droids with a thermal detonator sized self destruct mechanisim that blows up when droid gets destroyed, there's no way a Jedi would be able to strike them with a lightsaber and survive. And if they throw the lightsaber at the bomb droids, the lightsaber would probably be damaged by the blast. Thoughts?

Who says the droids have to stand right next to each other? Even today, infantry in combat zones are supposed to march not less than 5 meters apart, to minimize casualties from explosives.

But back to the point: you'll never see explosive weapons featured in movies because they're way too effective and as a result boring. Tell me what you would've preferred in Phantom Menace: a big pitch battle between the droid army and Jar-jars with lots of lasers, big machines, and weird animals OR the droid army getting completely consumed within a few seconds by huge explosions from aerial bombardment.

- Some Dude

Who says the droids have to stand right next to each other?  Even today, infantry in combat zones are supposed to march not less than 5 meters apart, to minimize casualties from explosives.

But back to the point:  you'll never see explosive weapons featured in movies because they're way too effective and as a result boring.  Tell me what you would've preferred in Phantom Menace:  a big pitch battle between the droid army and Jar-jars with lots of lasers, big machines, and weird animals OR the droid army getting completely consumed within a few seconds by huge explosions from aerial bombardment. 

- Some Dude

trust me,bttle droids would be dumb enough to stand next t each and get blown to pieces. :cool: