Now this is realism in games.

Oerwinde

I don't care if it was real or not. The cool factor surpasses minor things like those. I recommend watching, whatever then your stance about hypnosis and britts are.

And we all love zombies anyway. :blink:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Paintballs in the face from just a meter away.. ouch! poor extras :blink:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I like it when he shoots the guy when he comes to hypnotize him again.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ah yes, Derren Brown - marginally preferable to David Blaine. The old hidden camera shows didn't take themselves so seriously, and were more fun. This guy is ever so slightly too full of himself.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

So what happens if the guy starts rifle butting the "zombies" with the paintball gun?That would hurt. :D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

What I found perplexing is why he didn't use his scarf as a weapon. The minute he saw that the paintball gun wasn't working, he could've strangled the zombies with it. It also looked like there may have been some furniture that he could have utilized as alternative weapons. Sometimes, you have to think outside the box.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

What leads to the suspicion that it was fake?

The paintball gun, for starters. I can see how someone confused and scared might not realize the gun isn't real, but it's still too dangerous to be firing it at people without eye protection. Anyone who watches a zombie movie knows you shoot at the head. All those body shots, and they appeared to be all body shots, and it didn't occur to him to shoot at the heads? Shooting at the heads would raise the chance of someone losing an eye.

The flashes of light and a video game to hypnotize people. Oh come on. There are a lot of skeptics who don't believe in hypnotism, I'm not one of them. I've seen enough to convince me. This however was way too cheesily sci-fi. If that method worked, there would be many cases of unintended catatonic states with video game players... Well, more so than usual. ;)

The "friends" who let some guy just put their friend on a gurney, wheel him away to who-knows-where, then watch fairly dispassionately as he appears to be getting driven mad. I wouldn't let a friend of mine have this done without his or her permission, and I would certainly be demanding they stop the experiment as the friend is screaming and shooting at things.

The legal risk is the biggie. This was supposed to be a random person they hypnotized then placed in this situation without their permission. If that doesn't scream "potential lawsuit" or even "potential criminal charges", I don't know what does. I know I'd be contacting a lawyer.

I have to admit, I agree with Atomic Space Vixen. Despite the coolness of it all, a fair bit of it, (in retrospect) did seemed planned, with willing paticipants.

Now, perhaps he was to afraid to realise that headshots would work, but what would happen if he did do a headshot? A few blind people, we might get.

Still, I have to admit, it was quite funny to watch.

I know that I'd problably sue for trauma of some sort, and until I experience that kind of hypnosis, and it works on me, I'm going to be sceptical about the hypnosis technique.

Ah yes, Derren Brown - marginally preferable to David Blaine.  The old hidden camera shows didn't take themselves so seriously, and were more fun.  This guy is ever so slightly too full of himself.

Yeah, I still say the best of all the things he did was when he sat the two students down at a table, put an envelope with

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I liked the fact that when the guy was 'hypnotized', only his head slumped. He just stood there with his head hanging while the rest of his body remained as stiff as before..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

There was an ep of Penn & Teller Bullsh*t about stage hypnotism and it said that the only reason it worked is because the volunteers were all exhibitionists and wanted to participate for the hell of it.

I dont think Derren Brown ever makes any claims about being genuine and all those people took part with prior consent. His main point is that the mind can play tricks on us and he is good at subtly influencing that and also reading signals.

Paintballs in the face from just a meter away.. ouch! poor extras :(

Those extras were infact zombies that Darren Brown hypnotised previously to help with the trick. :x"

The two friends were also hypnotised, as was the cameraman and everyone in the pub. :(

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I like Derren Brown and he's done some impressive stuff but this surely must be fake. It's like a clip from another planet or something.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif