BG3?

No one said you had to play that specifc PC. Perhaps, you play his (or her) child. Perhaps, you play another Bhaalspawn whose pwoers have not come to the forefront yet. Perhaps, you do play the PC who had for whatever reason chosen to refuse godhood which had unforeseen consequences of not only stripping you of your Bhaalspawn powers; but of your actual level and maybe even *gasp* your soul and you have to find a way to restore it or be damned for all eternity. A whole bunch of stupid plot ideas can be used. Some good, some bad. Imagination is, as always, the key. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And possibly IWD 3?

I loved the last one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Awww, I miss '00 when I first played BG 2; it was a blast. Good times.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

No way. Irrational would have too big boots to fill when taking BG3. Bioshock and their other, yet unannounced, project comes first.

Yes but they've been hiring like crazy recently and remember they have two studios, one in the US and one in Australia.

I still don't think they would take BG 3 just like that. I mean; there's no experience at all on doing this kind of games. Okay; if BG 3 would get a major overhaul in gameplay they might make it. I'm talking about different game mechanics entirely. Remember that their last projects have been SWAT 4, FFvs3rdR and Tribes Vengeance; not exactly BG-like games. Altough Freedom Force had a party aspect.

Come to think of it; I'd like to see how BG 3 would work as a SWAT-kind of game; first person team leading, planning, different roles for the party characters. Could be interesting.

kirottu said:

I still don't think they would take BG 3 just like that. I mean; there's no experience at all on doing this kind of games. Okay; if BG 3 would get a major overhaul in gameplay they might make it. I'm talking about different game mechanics entirely. Remember that their last projects have been SWAT 4, FFvs3rdR and Tribes Vengeance; not exactly BG-like games. Altough Freedom Force had a party aspect.

I only played the demo for the latest Freedom Force game but it seemed to be party-based with combat that was real time with pause - sounds a lot like BG to me.

Idea for BG3.

I think most of us played with some sort of favoured character through the whole series. Now I say either

1) Let us play the same in the 'Now God/Goddess of Murder' role. Surely tonnes of potential plots here, not to mention humour. Try to put your stamp on murder in the realms, irritate bhaalist preists who try butt-snorkelling and try to avoid getting nailed by the other evil gods for your essence.

2) Have some fiendishly brilliant system for taking a BG2 character and creating from that seed a God of Murder personality that can set up a campaign for a completely new character. Get involved in similar shenanigans as above.

I', not much in favour of a campaign where you try to be a little goody two shoes. Perhaps though, it could be the same as above. You don't really get to dodge your inheritance so easily. You become instead a weird amorphous source of good or neutrality, and everyone is trying to use that to their own ends.

Dammmit, I'd kinda like to work this into aNWN module but have no idea what is involved.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nope, it doesn't. If you think FF = BG; you don't know nothing about either game. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was, just that the combat and party system seems similar, given that I only played the FF demo. You can pause in combat in FF right?

also, since Obsidian owns the rights to Icewind Dale, we might see IWD3 before BG3.

Not sure about that. I'm sure they bought some art assets - seeing as you can pick them as your avatars on this forum, but no one's directly come out and said "we own the IWD franchise". I imagine there would be some issues with Atari on that count - unless of course they have been purchased from Atari in the first place.

No one said you had to play that specifc PC. Perhaps, you play his (or her) child. Perhaps, you play another Bhaalspawn whose pwoers have not come to the forefront yet. Perhaps, you do play the PC  who had for whatever reason chosen to refuse godhood which had unforeseen consequences of not only stripping you of your Bhaalspawn powers; but of your actual level and maybe even *gasp* your soul and you have to find a way to restore it or be damned for all eternity. A whole bunch of stupid plot ideas can be used. Some good, some bad. Imagination is, as always, the key. :geek:

:shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hollywood studios like to purchase film rights to allow for potential exercise of these options in the future (there was a Fantastic Four film made last decade that will never see the light of day: it was made solely to keep the franchise alive); I think it is a reasonable conclusion that game publishers are similarly motivated.

Therefore, just because a publisher has the right to make a game, doesn't necessarily follow that the game will be made in a timely fashion, if at all. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ahh Jefferson, how I have cried for...eh..forget it. :">

kirottu said:

Don't cry for me Musopticon

The truth is I never left you

All through my wild days

My mad existence

I kept my promise

Don't keep your distance

And as for fortune, and as for fame

I never invited them in

Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired

They are illusions

They are not the solutions they promised to be

The answer was here all the time

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Musopticon,

Because 3DRealms will make BG3 after Duke Nukem Forever!

That was...beautiful. ;)

kirottu said:

... Because 3DRealms will make BG3 after Duke Nukem Forever!

Actually, all signs are that 3D Realms is about to release Duke Nukem Forever; there was a report in PC Gamer and PC Zone (I think) acouple of issues back where they explained that the game was finished, has been for a few months, and the devs are just play-testing it to get out the kinks. The implication was a Fall release.

I've thught of a way for 3D Realms to retrieve some of their public standing: simply announce (and be half-way through) the sequel ...

Call me an optimist ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT