BG3?

I had heard on another forum, the idea that BG3 may have been turned over to Obsidian, if so any news, if not is BG3 truly dead? That would be something my poor little heart couldn't take :)

Dead, or atleast to my knowledge.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I've seen some quotes to suggest Obisidian ended up with the Icewind Dale license.

However, their current two projects are NWN2, and an unannounced project that isn't a sequel. They are not currently doing BG3.

3D Realms is working on Baldur's Gate 3 however. It will be finished sometime after Duke Nukem Forever.

I've seen some quotes to suggest Obisidian ended up with the Icewind Dale license.

However, their current two projects are NWN2, and an unannounced project that isn't a sequel.  They are not currently doing BG3.

3D Realms is working on Baldur's Gate 3 however.  It will be finished sometime after Duke Nukem Forever.

I thought they were making Pacman Dreams? Is that out already?

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

ok, mr locksmith steps in, i'd like to say that it since the BG story is finished, there is absolutely no reason to mess it up. So there will probably never be a BG 3.

Because the storyline is "complete" as you say, it would probably be best to use a subtitle instead of calling it BG3.

For instance, the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games are their own story.

However, their current two projects are NWN2, and an unannounced project that isn't a sequel.  They are not currently doing BG3.

3D Realms is working on Baldur's Gate 3 however.  It will be finished sometime after Duke Nukem Forever.

That was funny. Was it a joke, or is 3d realms really working on it after Forever-not-coming-out?

I've heard rumours that Irrational Games (who developed the Freedom Force Superhero CRPGs) are working on BG3 in their Australian studio.

Might make some sense given that Irrational and Bioware seem to have some sort of relationship - you can order Irrational Games from the Bio on-line store now.

An Atari employee told us all several times last year BG3 was well into development and that we'd get an announcement on it soon.

I have trouble figuring out who would be working on it. Irrational Games is working on Bioshock currently, and I don't know if they have enough staff to be working on BG3.

No way. Irrational would have too big boots to fill when taking BG3. Bioshock and their other, yet unannounced, project comes first.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not sure. Might have something to do with Tribes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I was wrong then. Thanks Baley.

I seriously hope that they just concentrate to make Bioshock as good as possible.

kirottu said:

"An Atari employee told us all several times last year BG3 was well into development"

Nope. This didn't happen. He did say there'd be news, and there was, and then the news stopped.

As for who would develop BG3. No one knows. At this point, I doubt Atari even does. I have my suspicions that Atari wants Bioware to do it; but haven't been able to convince them to do so, and that's why things have been quiet on that front...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.