The Reason why Kriea didn't kill the exile

But I wanted to leave Kreia to her madness.

Let her kill herself, who cares?

That's about as frightening as suicide terrorists threatening to blow themselves up, without hostages!

:devil:

Couldnt say for sure it would end there. Quite possible to have a scene where you just dont bother to go after her, but such things have fallen out of vogue in RPGs.

Well, this is indicative of my mood after the confrontation at Dantooine. I was pretty annoyed that regardless of whatever dialogue option / action I chose, the same events unfolded. Not very RPG, more "follow the bouncing ball" FPS. :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Force bond had to exist, gameplay dosnt lie :D

You should recall that Kreia said it wasnt dangerous in times of combat which is why you didnt die when she did.

Yoda said it best: "Joined the dark side, dooku has. Lies and deceipt are his way now." Or something very similar.

I feel the same is true of Kreia. She pretends to be neutral, but isn't. Sure she despises sensless bloodshed, but she also despises acts of charity. She's manipulative. She lied about the force bond, and the exile was foolish enough to believe it. That's why he thought he had to go to M5, but he didn't. He was never in any real danger. The whole hand-chop thing in the begining was obviously orchestrated, otherwise, it would have effected both anytime someone was injured. Convienient that pain wasn't transmitted during battle? A little too convienient.

Also a little too convienient that there were no sith troops following you into the engine maitenence tubes? I believe the whole thing was orchestrated to ensure she could send the pain to you when her hand was cut off, helping to solidify the concern that the force bond was real, but it was all a lie.

Also a little too convienient that there were no sith troops following you into the engine maitenence tubes?  I believe the whole thing was orchestrated to ensure she could send the pain to you when her hand was cut off, helping to solidify the concern that the force bond was real, but it was all a lie.

When she loses her hand you were not in combat, you also not prepared for it. Very suprising, especially in view that you had only just regained your first stirring of connection. A little like how your skin becomes after you shave first thing in the moring. Contact at 6 am is that much more intense than at 10 pm.

It cant be a lie, because gameplay cant lie. Gameplay is the foundation of the world. And since you have a forcebond feat and share powers it most certainly exists.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It cant be a lie, because gameplay cant lie. Gameplay is the foundation of the world. And since you have a forcebond feat and share powers it most certainly exists.

You persist so much with that gameplay sentence. Just because there's a force bond feat doesn't mean it's really a force bond. There are a few of ways to see this;

1. The player is the Exile, and so from your point of view, it is a force bond feat, thus the interface reflects what you are (yeh, this kinda doesn't make sense :devil: )

2. The Force Bond is like, uhhh...Internet Connection Sharing :lol: , data goes both ways but one guy is the controller. Basically Kreia has made a force bond with you but can take it off (maybe she just senses your active power and leeches off it)

3. Sorta related to #1. It would ruin the game if it didn't lie. Like if gameplay never lied then Kreia really shouldn't be gray, neither should Jolee, and your name from the very start in K1 should say Revan or else the gameplay would be lying.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I'm also not a fan of Revan the Sith Lord preparing the Republic against the True Sith.

Like I said in many threads before, if you want those fibs, go play some Tie Fighter and help the Emperor "restore peace and order throughout galaxy" and even then, they made it clear it was a satire (it was the imperial March music instead of the usual yellow scrolling text music  :wub: )

Such is the problem when you let people play a pre created character and try to fool them into thinking it is theirs.

How did that particular revelation affect how effectively the character belonged to the player? It simply dealt more with Revan's original fall to the Dark Side of the Force, not his actions in the original game itself. It didn't really make Revan's backstory any more or less preset than the original game already had. For instance, even in the original game, no matter which alignment your character became, it was always "Revan, former Sith Lord and Jedi Knight". Revan never really belonged to the player all that much in the first place, in regard to his backstory and whatnot.

Personally, I absolutely loved the role and presence Revan had in this game, through how he was mentioned and explored in so many characters' dialogue. One of the most memorable and interesting parts of the game for me. Revan had so much presence, even though he was never physically even there. The fact that his actions and philosophies had so much impact and effect on people throughout the galaxy just really elevated Revan's significance, I thought. It made him feel more mysterious (and realistically so in relation to his differing alignments), yet also more real in a sense. Characters truly had varying opinions of what he accomplished and sought to achieve. They didn't just all say the same thing. The revelation that there was more to his motives and his original fall to the Dark Side of the Force than being just that (a fall) was incredible icing on the cake.

It is kind of weird that a Sith lord would rally the Sith to fight... other Sith...

Though, I suppose that fulfills that whole "Sith killing Sith for power" thingie.

The revelation was really more based around the idea that he was never particularly a "Sith Lord". Well, not fully...or at least an unconventional one.

Kreia's suggestion was that Revan had not fallen to the Dark Side of the Force so much as sacrificed himself to it (let himself fall knowingly). He wasn't "a Sith Lord who decided to fight other Sith" at random. He simply felt he needed to "become a Sith Lord to fight other Sith". The implication being he saw it as necessary for the sake of fighting this other, even greater threat which he alone perceived, or at least for the sake of preparing the galaxy for defending itself against said threat should the need arise.

I wouldn't declare Revan completely "heroic", of course. There were several implications of his character being more complex than that, indeed possessing a personal lust for power (and, perhaps more so, for knowledge). Plus, either way, regardless of whether or not he let himself fall to the Dark Side of the Force knowingly, I'm sure it still had a major effect on his personality and philosophies. (Otherwise, had he been in complete control the entire time, it wouldn't've even been a "sacrifice", for what would he have lost?) However, I wouldn't regard him as any ordinary Sith Lord. This game elevated Revan beyond Sith Lords who were simply out for their own gain. Unique motives weren't particularly odd for a character such as Revan's.

I thought it was an incredibly interesting revelation, myself, as I've said.

^

Yeah, that's true.

I mean, arguably, the only reason why Revan turns good is because of the brain wipe that Bastila gives him/her... (if Revan turns good at all, that is).

Still, it doesn't make the whole back story more interesting I suppose.

It's revistionist history. None of those motives were applicable at the time of KOTOR.

Of course. Neither was Kreia's existence, or the Exile's existence, or the Mass Shadow Generator, or any of that. It's all already a given. Am I supposed to just ignore everything new that the sequel revealed about the backstory just because those particular plot points weren't thought up for the original?

Of course. Neither was Kreia's existence, or the Exile's existence, or the Mass Shadow Generator, or any of that. It's all already a given. Am I supposed to just ignore everything new that the sequel revealed about the backstory just because those particular plot points weren't thought up for the original?

Except those characters were not "rewritten" . It could quite possibly happen in KOTORIII though.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Except those characters were not "rewritten" . It could quite possibly happen in KOTORIII though.

Revan's character wasn't "rewritten" either. Information was simply added to his backstory, where it was plausible and open for such, not really "changed". Revan's reasons -- and motives -- behind his original fall to the Dark Side of the Force weren't particularly laid out in the original anyway. They were left relatively ambiguous and mysterious, so there was certainly room there for more to be revealed.

You persist so much with that gameplay sentence. Just because there's a force bond feat doesn't mean it's really a force bond. There are a few of ways to see this;

1. The player is the Exile, and so from your point of view, it is a force bond feat, thus the interface reflects what you are (yeh, this kinda doesn't make sense  :) )

2. The Force Bond is like, uhhh...Internet Connection Sharing  :shifty: , data goes both ways but one guy is the controller. Basically Kreia has made a force bond with you but can take it off (maybe she just senses your active power and leeches off it)

3. Sorta related to #1. It would ruin the game if it didn't lie. Like if gameplay never lied then Kreia really shouldn't be gray, neither should Jolee, and your name from the very start in K1 should say Revan or else the gameplay would be lying.

That your counter explanations are so shaky (even to yourself) should put that gameplay cant lie beyond doubt. :D

Kreia and the Exile have a force bond it's real and it dosnt result in either one dying in combat if the other does. Any theory that dosnt take that into account cant be true.

478327[/snapback]