The Reason why Kriea didn't kill the exile

Does it make sense that Traya can easily defeat 3 jedi masters at once by draining their force from them but she can't use the same power on the Exile? Actually it does.

Since the Exile is blind to the force, the force drain whatever u call it that Traya used on the masters does not apply hear. The exile, though blind to the force, can still draw the force by using his body as a beacon through other force sensitives. that''s where he getrs his power from and one of the reasons why people follow him.

I'm also wondering, if the technique that Traya used to kill the 3 masters is identical to the technique that Nihilus used to feed off force sensitives in order to sustain himself. Maybe Traya taught him this while he was her apprentice. This may be the so called shadow war that the sith launched against the Jedi, just sneaking up on them unsuspectingly and draining the force from them.

Comments anyone?

Does it make sense that Traya can easily defeat 3 jedi masters at once by draining  their force from them but she can't use the same power on the Exile? Actually it does.

Since the Exile is blind to the force, the force drain whatever u call it that Traya used on the masters does not apply hear. The exile, though blind to the force, can still draw the force by using his body as a beacon through other force sensitives. that''s where he getrs his power from and one of the reasons why people follow him.

I'm also wondering, if the technique that Traya used to kill the 3 masters is identical to the technique that Nihilus used to feed off force sensitives in order to sustain himself. Maybe Traya taught him this while he was her apprentice.  This may be the so called shadow war that the sith launched against the Jedi, just sneaking up on them unsuspectingly and draining the force from them.

Comments anyone?

I don't believe she drained the force from the masters. As I understood it, she forced them to see through the eyes of the Exile (all the deaths of Malachor, etc.), and it was too much for them to handle. The Exile had survived this because he had managed to cut himself off from the force, but the masters couldn't so they died.

That was very astute. It makes sense.

I hate to drag down the discussion here, but something has been bugging me. I haven't found any threads about this, but could someone please throw a brick of wisdom at my cranium here?

Since Kreia and the Exile have a force chain and her death would mean his, how is it that the Exile manages to kill her without dying himself? It wasn't explained by Kreia at the end, and I haven't seen this explanation on the boards anywhere. Did the Exile cut himself off again to avoid death? Did he just die in the LS ending?

?

That was very astute.  It makes sense.

I hate to drag down the discussion here, but something has been bugging me.  I haven't found any threads about this, but could someone please throw a brick of wisdom at my cranium here?

Since Kreia and the Exile have a force chain and her death would mean his, how is it that the Exile manages to kill her without dying himself?  It wasn't explained by Kreia at the end, and I haven't seen this explanation on the boards anywhere.  Did the Exile cut himself off again to avoid death?  Did he just die in the LS ending?

?

Your right, theres not much on the boards on this subject,

I believe one of the cut scenes explained this. I read it from somewhere but I forgot the source. It may be that the exile finally started to feel the force again, thus breaking the force bond. I forgot the exact reason.

In some of the cut dialogue with Master Vash, she talks about her apprentice. Apparently her apprentice fell to the dark side and that severed the bond with her. Applying this to the Kreia/Exile bond, throughout the game Kreia is exactly neutral. Then, suddenly, she goes DS to fulfill the role of Darth Traya. This was probably enough to break the bond she had with the exile.

In some of the cut dialogue with Master Vash, she talks about her apprentice.  Apparently her apprentice fell to the dark side and that severed the bond with her.  Applying this to the Kreia/Exile bond, throughout the game Kreia is exactly neutral.  Then, suddenly, she goes DS to fulfill the role of Darth Traya.  This was probably enough to break the bond she had with the exile.

That's a good thought, but when the Exile converses with Atton after Dantooine the Exile says that he has to go to Telos to get Kreia before Atris executes her and the Exile along with. If the bond had been broken without the Exile's knowledge, you may be right. If there was still a bond at that point then it must have been something other than Kreia's fall.

I still don't have a theory, but I wanted to feel around and see if anybody had some better ideas. Keep them coming!

Various discussions with the Jedi Masters (way off the subject but I hate calling them "Masters" in view of their actions - but back to the subject) indicate that the force bonds are often formed based on relationships such as teacher/padiwan. One could theorize that Kreia's strong desire to become the Exile's teacher and help Exile reconnect with the force was initially responsible for the force bond. That was strengthened by the Exile's innate ability to form force bonds. When Kreia returned to Malacor V, she chose to forsake the prior relationship. At that point she wants to break, not teach, the Exile. If the bond was based on the original relationship, Kreia's actions could have been responsible for eliminating the force bond, since she had eliminated the original basis for the bond.

But I wouldn't argue strongly against the possibility that Kreia faked the whole thing. She was, indeed, a slippery one.

Kreia has gone to M5 to "kill the Force". Atris, on Telos, tells the Exile to go to M5 and confront her, lest she kill herself immediately and trigger (via the Force Bond) the death of the Force through her as a conduit for the Exile's Wound in the Force.

I beleive the point of the Exile's mission to M5 is to break the Force Bond with Kreia. (There are a number of dialogues with various NPCs, specifically Disciple Micah, wherein the Exile seeks this knowledge to break a Force bond.)

It is quite stupid because if this were the case, Kreia would have been able to go to M5 after Peragus II, for example, without traipsing around the galaxy sightseeing and re-animating Hanharr and General Tobin, etc. ( :p )

Why does she do this? To "understand" why the Exile turned away from the Force. ( >_< )

I, too, hate the "Wound in the Force" terrible plot. (:x)

Don't forget that there is an excellent summary here: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There was another purpose. The journey was to establish the Exile's connection to the Force, so Exile would be strong enough to fight the True Sith.

Side Note: I've heard that in the Darkside ending, Kreia tells Exile that both Exile and she are True Sith. ;) Can anyone confirm?

There was another purpose.  The journey was to establish the Exile's connection to the Force, so Exile would be strong enough to fight the True Sith.

But how is that important to Kreia if she is interested in destroying the Force? :thumbsup: To destroy the Force, the Exile and she will be annihilated completely: obliterated. No chance to kill off any "True Sith" after that, Force or no.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I, too, hate the "Wound in the Force" terrible plot. (:*)

I'm also not a fan of Revan the Sith Lord preparing the Republic against the True Sith.

Like I said in many threads before, if you want those fibs, go play some Tie Fighter and help the Emperor "restore peace and order throughout galaxy" and even then, they made it clear it was a satire (it was the imperial March music instead of the usual yellow scrolling text music :) )

And with the way Kreia was all manipulative and ("suprise suprise") evil intentioned, I too think that the force bond was non-existant (or at least a fake force bond she controlled), like how she could hurt Atton.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

But how is that important to Kreia if she is interested in destroying the Force?  To destroy the Force, the Exile and she will be annihilated completely: obliterated. No chance to kill off any "True Sith" after that, Force or no.
Maybe Kreia never really wanted to destroy The Force after all. ;)

Not necessarily turn him to the darkside, but influence him enough to destroy the force. I remember playing DS and being sadistic man I was, I'd kill anyone I talked to, and that pissed Kreia off.

I believe she said something along the lines of "Are you mad? Blah blah blah".

Force bond had to exist, gameplay dosnt lie :D

You should recall that Kreia said it wasnt dangerous in times of combat which is why you didnt die when she did.

both she and the exile survived the "death of the force" (from a personal point of view) so there is no reason they could not do so again.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm also not a fan of Revan the Sith Lord preparing the Republic against the True Sith.

Like I said in many threads before, if you want those fibs, go play some Tie Fighter and help the Emperor "restore peace and order throughout galaxy" and even then, they made it clear it was a satire (it was the imperial March music instead of the usual yellow scrolling text music  ;) )

Such is the problem when you let people play a pre created character and try to fool them into thinking it is theirs.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Force bond had to exist, gameplay dosnt lie :D

You should recall that Kreia said it wasnt dangerous in times of combat which is why you didnt die when she did.

both she and the exile survived the "death of the force" (from a personal point of view) so there is no reason they could not do so again.

So what imperative did the Exile have to go and fight Kreia on M5, after the show-dwon with Atris? :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So what imperative did the Exile have to go and fight Kreia on M5, after the show-dwon with Atris?  :rolleyes:

Whatever imperitive you happened to give him or her.

But I wanted to leave Kreia to her madness.

Let her kill herself, who cares?

That's about as frightening as suicide terrorists threatening to blow themselves up, without hostages!

:devil:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So what imperative did the Exile have to go and fight Kreia on M5, after the show-dwon with Atris?  :rolleyes:

Whatever imperitive you happened to give him or her.

But I wanted to leave Kreia to her madness.

Let her kill herself, who cares?

That's about as frightening as suicide terrorists threatening to blow themselves up, without hostages!

:devil:

Couldnt say for sure it would end there. Quite possible to have a scene where you just dont bother to go after her, but such things have fallen out of vogue in RPGs.

478327[/snapback]

Kreia's morality is generally the opposite of yours. If you go Light, she's Dark. If you sig, she'll zag. I wonder how much of this is "left overs" from the original, pre cut content version? (the one where Atris is Traya if you are evil)