Should've Carth And Bastila Stopped Sion

Hello!

This question takes from the male LS Revan in KOTOR II point of view

Ok this depends how the story goes but if you played LS male or whatever story you chose do you think since Bastila and Carth should've been the ones to stop the threes sith lords? I mean they are the hero's of Kotor.I don't get why they weren't sent to stop the three sith lords.they are the ones that destroyed the star forge with Revan but would they be more of your choice to save the galaxy agian instead of some other characters. whats your opinion on this. I know there are many possibliites in Kotor but lets just take the LS male Revan point of view. now when Bastila and Carth turn up and ask the exile if he has seen Revan do you think those two would've been more Ideal for the mission. any Ideas?

Just asking...

No,

1) These Sith Lords were products of Malachor 5 and the Mandalorian wars which as you know Bastilla was not a part of.

2) They had to expound on the causes of the Civil war which thay didn't do in the first. Therefore they needed a new protagonist.

3) This Sith Lords used techniques that were founded on the 'Great Malachor Genocide' which was the Exiles doing.

4) So its only understandable that the Exile would have to "clean up his own mess" so to speak.

5) This Sith would have been to powerful for Bastila. Afterall they killed more Jedi in their Shadow War than Malak and Revan ever did in the civil war.

6) This was way out of their league (especially Carth as he is not a Jedi)

7) The Mand. wars started and ended with Revan and The Exile (a character perhaps waiting in the wings since the concept of kotor was made)

that my 2 cents.... &(whatever ...else ..your supossed to say or not say)- Darth Blivion

I think the scenario was that the Republic was in big trouble, and so on the bigger picture, Carth and Bastila made the choice that the Jedi dying here and there can't be acted on because it would risk the whole Republic. Remember the Sith were being really covert so to try and stop it would take lots and lots of resources they no longer had.

Would've been nice to have them beat Sion but just wouldn't fit into the story that Obsidian set up.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 2 weeks later...

Carth had to keep the republic strong while Bastilia was WAAAYYYY out of her league. you saw what happened when she went toe to toe against Malak, the new lords were stronger than malak by a lot

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Carth had to keep the republic strong while Bastilia was WAAAYYYY out of her league. you saw what happened when she went toe to toe against Malak, the new lords were stronger than malak by a lot

i don't know, when i fought malak he seemed alot harder than whne i fought sion or nihbus or waht ever his name is.... "if "HE" can even be called a man" - kreia

but yeah malak did seem a bit strong, but remeber when revan fought bastila at the end DOMINATION lol

i'm a "power gamer" i like to follow the story line rather than sit around killing random stuff to get my level so it's always kinda hard to kill bastila without enhancer's (the in game kind, yes i do cheat on both games but not after beating it once without them)

i'm a "power gamer" i like to follow the story line rather than sit around killing random stuff to get my level so it's always kinda hard to kill bastila without enhancer's (the in game kind, yes i do cheat on both games but not after beating it once without them)

the kotor games really ever made me want to go out and by a stratigy guide or get on the internet looking for cheats... rpg's are my thing, i jsut have a mind for beating them, liek all teh zeldas yup done that no guide

I can never get into a mmo because the storyline/world is much to static and it just gets boring, hense Kotor Kotor2 Vampire the Maqurade and about a dozen other RPG's in my room and on my ps2

Kingdom Hearts baby

Sion and Nihilus were not actively attacking the republic. That is why Carth and Bastila were not given the task to kill Sion and Nihilus.

We know that Sion attacked the Harbinger (only one republic vessel) and killed a lot of Jedi.

We know that Nihilus killed Jedi and Miraluka on Katarr. Anybody know any more?

It was only when Nihilus attacked Telos that Carth and quiet possibly Bastila with her Battle Meditation attacked the Ravager and the other Sith ships.

Off course there was an attack on Onderon but it was not the Sith themselves who attacked it, it was Vaklu and his Sith supports so the Republic would never have known about the Sith striking Onderon.

Master Vandar lives!

I don't think Carth would have been able to stop the Sith Lords. Also, he was occupied with keeping the Republic strong like Revan told him to.

Bastila, on the other hand, did seem to have a part that was too minor. After all, she is a Jedi, so it would have been logical for her to help fight the Sith. She seems to be playing no part in this.

No bastila and carth should not have tried to stop the 3 sith lords it wasnt their fight. The fight was for the exile to finish.

Plus bastila and carth are their to stabilize the republic due to revans wishes. I also doube Revan ls male would want bastila to do anything that would endanger her. Thats one of the reasons he didnt bring her along

From a pure roleplay standpoint, and ignoring that you can play the game without bastila and carth at the telos battle with nihilus... How much of a difference do you think Carth's Tactical knowledge and Bastilla's Battlemeditation made?

I am wondering if Bastilla even used her meditation because then wouldn't Nihilus detect her then just suck out her soul or somthing?

One battle doesnt decide the effectiveness of both of them. Both carth's strategy and bastilas battle medatation are important to the republic gaining strenght again,thats why they were left behind by revan plus the whole love thing aswell.

No i dont think nihilius would of been able to do that to bastila remember he pretty much is waitin for the exile who could be a rich source of the force yet ends up to be something nihilius wasnt expecting.

• 1 year later...

Well possibly Bastila, but Carth is out of the question.However there are problems with Bastila doing it:

1.She might become overwhelmed by the dark side.

2.These Sith are way out of her league. :shifty:

3.These sith are from Malachor V, which was in the Mandalorian Wars, and we know Bastila had no part in it.

3.These sith are from Malachor V, which was in the Mandalorian Wars, and we know Bastila had no part in it.

Why does it matter she didnt partake in the mando wars? JW

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Let's see:

Sion - That man just wouldn't die, so I doubt Bastila would have been able to beat him

Nihilus - He was a wound in the Force (possibly a spawn of the Exile), just like the Exile, and all Nihilus would have had to do is drain the life and force out of her and there would have been nothing she could have done

Traya - Under the guise of Kreia, Bastila would have probably had no reason to go after her...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

5) This Sith would have been to powerful for Bastila. Afterall they killed more Jedi in their Shadow War than  Malak and Revan ever did in the civil war.

Blasphemy, there was propably (I would say that propability is 99,99 %, when we remember which time era in galactic history it was) tens of thousands of jedi knights prior mandalorian wars if not even more, and even though many jedi perished during Mandy Wars, there were still tens of thousands of jedis on each side of conflict in the beginning of JCW.

However, when JCW ended, "barely hundred jedi remained", so no, they definetly did not kill more jedis than Revan & Malak

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

This war was being fought from the shadows. The Jedi Masters saw it, I'm sure that Bastila also saw that this war could not be fought on the front without dying just like the other Jedi. She went into hiding just like the rest of them. Also, none of the masters knew of the Sith, so until they attacked, she did not know either. Also, she was with Carth, and he warped in just in time to fight them, she was most likely on that ship. If she was on the ship then I'd wager she was using battle meditation, if anything at all. Sure, she could assemble a commando unit and storm the ship. Then what? She gets drained by Nihilus, and is dead.

The other story reasons were already stated.

This war was being fought from the shadows. The Jedi Masters saw it, I'm sure that Bastila also saw that this war could not be fought on the front without dying just like the other Jedi. She went into hiding just like the rest of them. Also, none of the masters knew of the Sith, so until they attacked, she did not know either. Also, she was with Carth, and he warped in just in time to fight them, she was most likely on that ship. If she was on the ship then I'd wager she was using battle meditation, if anything at all. Sure, she could assemble a commando unit and storm the ship. Then what? She gets drained by Nihilus, and is dead.

The other story reasons were already stated.

Bastila can kill Nihilus :huh: