KOTOR III after KOTOR II!

Guest MacleodCorp

I think we will hear about KOTOR III on E3 2006.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

a prequal would be possible, though having that, you won't be able to use any of the main characters from K1 (such as Revan). key to that is having characters that have minimal contact (if at all) with Revan, and a story that runs parallel to but not cross the story of Revan. so perhaps have a story that uses the mandalorian war as a backdrop, maybe the war was a diversion for some kind of greater conspiricy, and your prequal character will go with that story to solve the conspiricy while the story of the mandalorian war gets told during different stage of the game play. just a thought, feel free to bash.

p.s I agree with dufflover, finish KOTR series first, before doing any sort of prequal.

Regardless, it's getting to the point that the Mandalorian Wars REALLY deserve some sort of explanation. I guess I don't really want a prequel before they make a sequel, either. I have another idea about the prequel, though, that you guys might like better...

How about this: a prequel in flashbacks? You visit all the worlds of the Mandalorian wars, and you get to choose what order you visited them, just by virtue of you being the storyteller, and you knowing which battles happened when. Of course, we all know which battle was first and which was last... but there hasn't been any word on the middle, has there? This sets up the structure nicely, anyway.

Of course, LA might be skeptical. After all, they told Obsidian, "No Flashbacks!" and look how that turned out.

But it would be a way to maintain a focus on a specific time period throughout the game, and also explain what the mandalorian wars were. Because frankly, I don't know, and I'd like to experience them.

It's sort of a weird idea. Tell me what you think.

About the sequel:

A search for Revan would make a good start for the story, I think, but not a good premise.

I suspect Game Informer is spreading rumors.

Good idea nightcleaver, but there is one problem. The mandalorians destroyed too many worlds for you to travel to them all. I remmeber canderous in K1 saying something like "we orbited and destroyed a thousand worlds" or something like that. Even if it wasnt a thousand, there are still too many planets they destroyed for the PC to visit them all. Maybe just a few of the main ones?

I guess I wasn't really very clear.

Your character would be remembering - reliving, if you will - the trauma and events of their past, meaning that you would play one character's experiences - maybe a Jedi under Revan. The battles that Revan was in command of are fewer and further in between than the actual number of worlds the Mandalorians brought destruction to.

You would take maybe Revan, maybe the Exile, maybe someone else entirely, and develop what happened to them, exactly, in detail, during the Mandalorian wars.

Even if they are waiting for the new consoles to take hold, they could still do some of the dev work by doing the storyboard, which for a KotOR style game is massive. Now don't get me wrong, I think LA will be too greedy or arrogant to hire 2 or 3 storywriter people. Not just storywriting, but also abstract technical work like working what global variables and stuff like. Maybe then the amount of quest bugs will virtually be zero because they've had time to consider everything.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

This is great, but not unexpected news. It also explains( to a certain degree ) why all of the extra dialouge and character involvement at the "Trayus Core" was cut out.

I feel stupid as hell for not getting it sooner, but after playing the game several times now it has become obvious that 'The Sith Lords' is the second chapter of a three( or do I dare to dream ), Four, or Five Chapter Saga.

In fact, at one of the E

K3 (if they do make one) would be the deciding factor of the KOTR series (I think), it will be the pivital game that would either make or break KOTR. Let's just hope LA isn't going to pull another "K2 deadline" trick on us. They need to take sometime to think this one over and not rush it. Here is me hoping that K3 would be the redemption. :p

This is great, but not unexpected news. It also explains( to a certain degree ) why all of the extra dialouge and character involvement at the "Trayus Core" was cut out.

I feel stupid as hell for not getting it sooner, but after playing the game several times now it has become obvious that 'The Sith Lords' is the second chapter of a three( or do I dare to dream ), Four, or Five Chapter Saga.

In fact, at one of the Episode 3 forums I frequent quite regularly, my last comment regarding 'Revenge of the Sith' was "If nothing else, I'd be very happy to get a grand total of four or five 'KOTOR" games out of the deal".

Finally; for those of us who are unapologetic lovers of the Greatness that IS the Expanded Universe, some very good news came to my 'Inbox' yesterday( or the day before; I'm not 100% sure ) regarding a new novel which will feature the "newly born" Darth Vader getting his Darkside Groove on big time. I can't WAIT!!!

And it will be a series!

And finally:

If Ian Mac Diarmid doesn't get at the very least a nomination for best supporting actor, then it will only proove my long-time theory that Hollywood ( like Washington DC ) is nothing but politics, and terrible politics at that.

Stay Cool Y'all,

The Lightbringerrr.

It seems people are still buying this rumor.

LucasArts may intend to give this back to Obsidian, however when KOTOR:3 was in production, it was internal at LucasArts.

KOTOR:3 was officially cancelled during the big LucasArts layoffs.

Obsidian has officially said that as far as they know, no one is working on KOTOR:3.

Obsidian has officially said their next project besides NWN:2, is a console only RPG that is NOT A SEQUEL.

OK, this is my first post, but I've been following this forum since the release of KotOR2. Beware a slightly long post, but this is my take on this whole business:

First off, to me Knights of the Old Republic III is a non-game until I am convinced otherwise by an official statement by either LA, Obsidian or another developer.

I do, however, wish to vent my thoughts on how to proceed with a third installment to the series. The game should definitely pick up from where number two stopped. The reason I feel this way is that KotOR1 really had its own closure, but with KotOR2, Obsidian decided to build on KotOR1 without really adding anything. They just came up with this very non-Star Wars Revan-didn't-really-fall-to-the-dark-side-he-just-went-Sith-to-improve-the-Republic bollocks, and it didn't really make much difference whether you said that he was LS or DS in the beginning of the game. Then the whole game was about another character (namely the Exile) who, in the LS ending, essentially just went after Revan wherever he was.

The whole issue with KoTOR2 kind of screwing the series up was obviously Obsidian trying to do something different and time consuming despite being given a very short amount of time to do it in. The idea was promising, but the result a confusing mess. Don't get me wrong here, I like this game and have played it through three times, but there are some unforgivable mistakes they made, that sort of has the whole 'saga' left dangling. It's not just the ending (which was very abrupt and crippled), but the whole idea of making the game keep focus on Revan when in fact Revan is nowhere to be seen in the game. They essentially decided to continue Revan's story without actually telling us anything. The only thing they told us was about his past, where they basically just changed the whole KotOR1 storyline. My DS Revan fell to the dark side on Korriban, corrupted by the dark side. He wasn't some sort of

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum