Start as LS and fall to the DS

Anyone played through as darkside mastery, then at the end of the game you spare Atris and tell Darth Traya you will not kill her?

It's like finally being turned to the light, justt like Vader in Return of the Jedi.

Now there's an interessting concept :)

Cant see any reason why you would. It's the heart of the Sith code to grow stronger than and ultimately destroy your master.

In view of EPIII I'm not sure about Vaders redemption. In the films and even in the books with the Nogori he wasnt much more evil than a soldier doing his job most of the serious evil he kept for people who failed him.

Someone who butchers small children dosnt deserve the same rewards as people like Obi Wan and Yoda just because he saved his son.

Chalk up another one for Kreias plan to destroy the force being a good idea.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Anyone played through as darkside mastery, then at the end of the game you spare Atris and tell Darth Traya you will not kill her?

It's like finally being turned to the light, justt like Vader in Return of the Jedi.

Now there's an interessting concept :)

Cant see any reason why you would. It's the heart of the Sith code to grow stronger than and ultimately destroy your master.

Yes. I always felt it was a shame you never got to choose your own Sith name. Just for good feeling. That and a dark, hooded robe would've improved the atmosphere greatly. Sadly this is one of those aspects developers (it's not just Obsidian, it's freakin' everyone) just don't seem to care about. The little details that really aren't that hard or time-consuming to create, but still make a huge difference in the overall experience.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

But the power and lure of the dark side is strong in the cave. I actually felt the cave generated too few dark side points. When I played LS I thought to myself that this was an excellent place for my character to start getting corrupted. When I got out I was still very much a shiny LS Goody Two-Shoes Jedi, so I reloaded and played Nice Guy instead... :huh:

The big lure of the darkside in the cave is infinite experience. Not being able to regenerate FP's as LS is another thing that makes the cave a test of character.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Not being able to regenerate FP's as LS is another thing that makes the cave a test of character.

That's a good point. I wish they'd gone to even greater lengths with this (though I realise it'd been even more of a behemoth to master). I would have hoped for a game where it was actually difficult to stay LS. Where certain actions or dialogue options would be subtle and some would lead you towards the dark side without being as obvious as "I'll kill you for asking for directions". Then the more dark side points you get, your LS conversation options will exponentially start to dwindle. This way you'll end up beyond redemption unless you're careful, and that would make the fall to the dark side feel much more real. Sadly it would take quite the effort to make it work and not to feel too forced or unrealistic.

But of course there are always the wimps out there who "can't go DS because I'm a nice guy", and end up darker than Sidious without ever wanting to, and finally quit the game because they're only able to be evil, and... :cool:

G0-T0 is good. I don't understand why everyone says he sucks. He's a good character if you get enough influence with him and he is always good in combat, especially against other droids, he has that ability to turn enemy droids into allies. In my last game, before I got Mandalore, I was running with HK-47 and G0-T0 all the time. I was kicking major arse as a consular with two super droids; unresistable force powers + a hail of shots from well upgraded blasters = dead enemies.

I think people don't like G0-T0 as much becuase he isn't as interesting as the other droids (especially HK :D ). He just doesn't have a good background or anything. What I didn't like about him is he just kind of shows up and demands to be in your party or he will blow up the world or something like that....

I think he was originally going to have a bigger part in the game with the droid factory and the HK-50s, but since they cut that from the game, it really doesn't matter if he is there or not.

Also, there are better people you could have in combat (i.e. Jedi), but if you don't want jedi stealing all your glory, then i guess that could work.

I think people don't like G0-T0 as much becuase he isn't as interesting as the other droids (especially HK :D ). He just doesn't have a good background or anything. What I didn't like about him is he just kind of shows up and demands to be in your party or he will blow up the world or something like that....

I think he was originally going to have a bigger part in the game with the droid factory and the HK-50s, but since they cut that from the game, it really doesn't matter if he is there or not.

Also, there are better people you could have in combat  (i.e. Jedi), but if you don't want jedi stealing all your glory, then i guess that could work.

I suppose he's not bad, but by the time he shows up you should already have a pretty solid team anyway. Ironic that he would be most useful on his own ship and a little sad that he would have probably been the star of the droid planet.

478327[/snapback]

G0-T0 is good. I don't understand why everyone says he sucks. He's a good character if you get enough influence with him and he is always good in combat, especially against other droids, he has that ability to turn enemy droids into allies. In my last game, before I got Mandalore, I was running with HK-47 and G0-T0 all the time. I was kicking major arse as a consular with two super droids; unresistable force powers + a hail of shots from well upgraded blasters = dead enemies.

Also, there are better people you could have in combat (i.e. Jedi), but if you don't want jedi stealing all your glory, then i guess that could work.

I think the biggest issue people have with GO-TO is, just like with T3, his general uncoolness. But unlike T3, very few people ever grow attached to GO-TO, which is why he rarely gets to leave the Ebon Hawk (not that I ever let T3 out either).

I think the biggest issue people have with GO-TO is, just like with T3, his general uncoolness. But unlike T3, very few people ever grow attached to GO-TO, which is why he rarely gets to leave the Ebon Hawk (not that I ever let T3 out either).

Good point, Schmarth. I rarely ever take T3 out of the ship, but he is somehow just more loveable than g0-t0 :sorcerer:

Good point, Schmarth. I rarely ever take T3 out of the ship, but he is somehow just more loveable than g0-t0  :huh:

Somehow I doubt lovable is a criteria in the design of interigation droids.

LOL :lol:

What i meant by that was that T3 didn't annoy the heck out of me most of the time like G0-T0 did (maybe because T3 only speaks in beeps?). Oh and about him being an interrogation droid: Why did we need an interrogation droid in our party in the first place? He doesn't interrogate anyone in the game (as far as i know).