Start as LS and fall to the DS

I started a character for this reason. He is a consular and if I can get a prestige class with him I'm going to take Sith Lord (Consular + Sith Lord = mega powers). Amyway, I plan to do Peragus, Telos, and Nar Shadaa as neutral to slightly light side. After I get Mira on Nar Shadaa he will start to really fall to the dark side. I doubt I will get a prestige class, at least until late game, but I am going to try this anyway. Currently he is level 10 and is about to storm the mercenary camp on Telos' surfas.

I once went through the entire game on Kotor 1 as a DSF, only to go pure light on Manaan, my last planet, but I've never done it the other way around. However, I have seen screenshots of DS Mira, so apparently someone has.

sig2.gif

I started a character for this reason. He is a consular and if I can get a prestige class with him I'm going to take Sith Lord (Consular + Sith Lord = mega powers). Amyway, I plan to do Peragus, Telos, and Nar Shadaa as neutral to slightly light side. After I get Mira on Nar Shadaa he will start to really fall to the dark side. I doubt I will get a prestige class, at least until late game, but I am going to try this anyway. Currently he is level 10 and is about to storm the mercenary camp on Telos' surfas.

Good, good. Kill them.Kill them all. :p

I'll be certainly trying this LSstart-DSend cuz K2's story... well... it just amazingly fits the Kreia-Palpy, Exile-Anakin match.

You get to choose whining answers wherever you go and whatever you do (especially when Kreia throws a comment at your LS/DS doing) plus the Exile's being beat up every hour yet gets to kick alot of ass -> just like Anakin.

I'm gonna do Sentinel-Weapons Master OR Guardian-Weapons Master (though I always liked mixing the classes not choosing standard prestige classes for the basic ones like Consular-Sith Lord).

Though I'll try as much as possible to rather fall slowly to DS not like most of ppl here like:

"...and I'm gonna do Nar Shadda next but at Dantooine I'm going to full darkside!"

It just wouldn't be fun at all for me to rapidly change my allignement like that.

I did on my first playthrough of K1. The cool thing was that it wasn't even intentional from the start. I started off as a reward-hungry scoundrel who got his act together when taught by the Jedi. But when he found out that he was Revan, lost Bastila and wound up at Korriban, things went all wrong and he went darker than night... That was memorable!

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

The story doesn't work well enough to do that.

You don't need to have some big choice, but if you put in choices that are less moral, and more right and wrong then you could do it perfectly.

Think, you base yourself on compassion as a Jedi. Something comes up, instead of do the good or the bad thing, do the right or the wrong thing. Either you save this person you care about instead of doing your duty, which could lead to the Darkside even though you feel you are doing the compassionate thing. That could make this work perfectly, it makes it seem right as opposed to what happens in the game, which is just taking extremes.

G0-T0 is good. I don't understand why everyone says he sucks. He's a good character if you get enough influence with him and he is always good in combat, especially against other droids, he has that ability to turn enemy droids into allies. In my last game, before I got Mandalore, I was running with HK-47 and G0-T0 all the time. I was kicking major arse as a consular with two super droids; unresistable force powers + a hail of shots from well upgraded blasters = dead enemies.

The best part about my game was that I didn't kill Zez-Kai El(sp?) on Nar Shadaa, but then I killed Vrook and Kavar so when I met Zez he was pissed at me. :wub:

Anyhow, in my next game I'm going to start as DS and be redeemed into the light side. I might kill Zez then spare the others, if I can.

I think it makes more sense in KOTOR than KOTOR:2. Say you play through KOTOR as LS, only to realize that you were once a Dark Lord and had far more power as a Dark Sider. Futhermore, the Jedi council lied to you, and manipulated you. You have motivation to suddenly turn.

When in K2 do you have a good reason to suddenly turn?

hmmm... This idea of starting dark, then turning light (and vice versa) is pretty cool... I should try that! might make the game more interesting... I hate to admit it, but I've been getting kind of bored with it...

There is hope for me! Yay!

I'm strangely happy to have found this thread... :D :blink:

I think it makes more sense in KOTOR than KOTOR:2.  Say you play through KOTOR as LS, only to realize that you were once a Dark Lord and had far more power as a Dark Sider.  Futhermore, the Jedi council lied to you, and manipulated you.  You have motivation to suddenly turn.

When in K2 do you have a good reason to suddenly turn?

Korriban Cave.

There isn't a big event that makes you want to go either way you just sort of start out one way or the other and then at some point you just say what you think this guy on the screen is supposed to say or say what you think will gain you influence, there should be an option to hide that or at least just have to tell by character reactions, this will make talking to jedi a bit diffrent than talk to normal people.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

no no no, the cave on korriban is a very good place to switch to dark or light side, because it is whats going to happen in the future, A: you now know that kreia is going to go bad, B: you find out what you did before and during the war, C: its were alot of things about malak and revans recruitment takes place.... so as i see it switching sides after or during the cave is as good of time as any to do it. oh and by the way when you meet revan in teh cave if you look to revans left your standing there all darksidy looking, trust me on this one i saved right before it and kept going back to it to check it out.... its kinda giving away a hint for you for kotor 3..... its basicly saying that you are going to be with revan becuase thats the future part of the cave... :blink:

Talking to Vrook...

Not putting your saber through him takes a level of self control any Jedi would be proud of.

Overall though DS acts dont pack enough of a punch to cross you over.

More gradual was using force persuade to administer "Justice". It's quite a shock to realise that you have been slipping and your now tetering on the brink.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Anyone played through as darkside mastery, then at the end of the game you spare Atris and tell Darth Traya you will not kill her?

It's like finally being turned to the light, justt like Vader in Return of the Jedi.

Now there's an interessting concept :)

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Korriban's Cave is just illusions.  I'm still not seeing a good reason to turn in that cave.

But the power and lure of the dark side is strong in the cave. I actually felt the cave generated too few dark side points. When I played LS I thought to myself that this was an excellent place for my character to start getting corrupted. When I got out I was still very much a shiny LS Goody Two-Shoes Jedi, so I reloaded and played Nice Guy instead... :)

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum