ROTS Question

At the end of the movie, when Yoda tells Obi-Wan that he can teach him to commune with Qui-Gon, because he hasn't quite left yet: Is he perhaps speaking of the fact that he is a spirit, or some other source?

I figured that was what he was talkin about, I wasn't sure, because throughout the new trilogy I never saw any Force Ghosts.

To me, its just another lame explaination given by George Lucas to explain the force, like his "midichlorians". The explainations suck and ruin the movies. I thought he would have learned from the first movie that the Force cannot be explained, but apparantly, he didn't. Also, what is this teach thing? Luke can talk to Obi-Wan's ghost with no training. Ugh, episode 3 sucked.

To me, its just another lame explaination given by George Lucas to explain the force, like his "midichlorians".  The explainations suck and ruin the movies.  I thought he would have learned from the first movie that the Force cannot be explained, but apparantly, he didn't.  Also, what is this teach thing?  Luke can talk to Obi-Wan's ghost with no training.  Ugh, episode 3 sucked.

Actually, I never thought about that. Perhaps it's just another name for it used by the philosophers in the Star Wars universe although more believing ones will refer to it as: "The force". But now that you mentioned it I cannot stop thinking about Goku and Vegeta stuck in Star Wars universe going: "My "Midichlorians" are higher than yours!", "No! I got more "Midichlorians" than you do! Let's wrestle about it to find out !"

The Dark Side of the Force is not supposed to be superior.

The Dark Side however promises the way to create and preserve life, cheating death. If this is the case, it would be superior if the Light Side lacked such power.

Yoda told Anakin to allow Padme to die, and not to get too attached. Why? Because Yoda knew that death wasn't and end-all. He knew that it was possible to live on beyond death via the Force.

Perhaps this was supposed to imply irony, that if Anakin knew of this capability, he never would have turned to the Dark Side.

Strangely enough, Palpatine mutters something(after the fight with Mace I think) about Obi-Wan possesing the power. It makes absolutely no sense.

The exact phrase is "The power to cheat death, is a power only Obi-Wan has achieved"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought he said "only one" and not "Obi-wan", referring to Qui-Gon.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Ok, you're right. He says "only one". But I remember that it sounded exactly like Obi-Wan, perhaps they even translated it like that in the swedish subtitles.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

To me, its just another lame explaination given by George Lucas to explain the force, like his "midichlorians".  The explainations suck and ruin the movies.  I thought he would have learned from the first movie that the Force cannot be explained, but apparantly, he didn't.  Also, what is this teach thing?  Luke can talk to Obi-Wan's ghost with no training.  Ugh, episode 3 sucked.

Don't worry, I'm sure GL will re-edit the OT once again. Probably for the thirtieth anniversary release, full sexology "complete with deleted scenes and idiotic ideas that even my yes men wouldn't agree to.." and put in Qui-Gon here and there, especially in ANH for Obi-Wan. Unless it is a personal message, encrypted for Obi-Wan's neurons only ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't worry, I'm sure GL will re-edit the OT once again. Probably for the thirtieth anniversary release, full sexology "complete with deleted scenes and idiotic ideas that even my yes men wouldn't agree to.." and put in Qui-Gon here and there, especially in ANH for Obi-Wan. Unless it is a personal message, encrypted for Obi-Wan's neurons only ...

I heard one rumor that said that he would return the original Greedo vs. Han scene at least.

And the whole OMFG LEUKA$$ RAPED MY CHILDHOOD bit has been getting old fast for years.

I won't be surprised if GL adds Jar Jar into the new release of the OT. :thumbsup:

I'll bet London bridge to a brick that he won't use some cutting edge technology to redub the voices with intelligible and intelligent dialogue, though. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Doesn't anyone remember Episode 1?

Jar Jar Binks encounters Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon develops enough power to cheat death and become a Force Ghost. Obi-One becomes a pimp who takes out Darth Maul, and Vader.

And Jar Jar Binks trips over in Watto's workshop, knocking things around. Anakin gets a scrape, and we don't see how or where this happens.

Clearly, Anakin got Gungan bacteria in his scrape, which leads to Qui-Gon testing that scrape and finding inordinate ammounts of midichlorians (With Chlorox Bleach!) in his blood.

This is the same Jar Jar who puts the Emperor in power. You think Palpatine secretly controlled everyone from the shadows?

Jar Jar is behind it all. Fact.