Is KOTOR Better Then The Star Wars Movies?

shouldve mad a poll...

but i think they are both good in their own ways...

to be kinda off topic;

Were there any female jedi in the movies... coz ive been trying to remember and i just cant recall seeing any..

There were. They showed a couple female Jedi on the council, one or two female Jedi in the big battle in AOTC and showed one die in Episode 3 from clonetroopers when order 66 was executed. I can't remember their names offhand because they are minor characters.

Both are great, probably Movies infront since that's where it all starts from.

Like for instance the Bastila romance in K1 is better than the romances in the movies, but that's only because of how Episode 2 made the big deal of it...hmm, that's just even more confusing.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Well, like a magazine once said about KOTOR: "Knights of the Old Republic has the story that Episode 1 should have had." Maybe the prequels could have been better with a KOTORish plot, and better characters. But the originals are better then KOTOR, simply because they started it all, amd had a great story that was better then KOTOR's.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

There were.  They showed a couple female Jedi on the council, one or two female Jedi in the big battle in AOTC and showed one die in Episode 3 from clonetroopers when order 66 was executed.  I can't remember their names offhand because they are minor characters.

Heres a few exmples for ya-

Luminara Unduli

Shaak Ti

Barriss Offee

Jocasta Nu

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

KOTOR is good but has lame storyline (clown malak, obvious revan plot, starforge)

while prequels has great palpatine and his intrigue, great duels and battles, great

effects and overall better story.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

There were.  They showed a couple female Jedi on the council, one or two female Jedi in the big battle in AOTC and showed one die in Episode 3 from clonetroopers when order 66 was executed.  I can't remember their names offhand because they are minor characters.

Heres a few exmples for ya-

Luminara Unduli

Shaak Ti

Barriss Offee

Jocasta Nu

dont forget ayla secura, they showed her die in ep.3. :ph34r:

It's a toss up. On one hand, I wasn't a big fan of the prequels. However, they "fleshed out" the Star Wars saga and the story of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader so in that sense they were good. On the other hand, I thought the KOTOR series was a bit more enjoyable.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes, in cetain ways. KOTOR games are original and

they are different, they put you in control with fresh new story lines.

I think that if they did a kotor style game for all of the previous starwars movies in one game that would sell in the millions. :devil:

Aint that the truth, but for the sake of debate...

I think Bioware actually crafted KOTOR on the same template as ANH. I mean think about it

Death Star - Star Forge

Malak - Vader

Revan - a mixture of Han, if LS male one could compare the romance of Revan  and Bastila to Han and leia, and Luke (Learning, or in K1's case re-learning about the force) IMO

Bastila - somewhat like Leia, stubborn

Battle of Yavin - the battle just outside the starforge

And so on, basically its the same template and therefore i think K1 and ANH are more or less on equal terms. I also agree that this K1 should've been the movie that Episode 1 and 2 was.

Actually, KOTOR2 is somewhat similar to ESB, though IMO K2's story is weaker but still carries the same dark tone as the movie and many press interviews suggested K2 was the ESB to the KOTOR series. Ironically i think K2 is also like ATOC, that its based perhaps too much on the previous template.

So i think K1 is definately on par with the OT, however K2 is ever so slightly behind the movies, and just think if K2 is the ESB of the series then were still waiting for our Return of the Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that Bioware plagiated OT story instead of creating something original only proves that KOTOR is inferior to movies.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I wouldn't mind seeing KOTOR a movie.

But not the story of Kotor 2.

I think Kotor 2 should simply fade into the history as it was simply horrible. Sure the new items and game mechanics were a great improvement but the story was very bad.

I personally don't think its fair to compare the two... I think everyone is forgetting that they are presented on two completely different media!

With the games theres a huge amount of interaction occurring (because, duh, they're games and RPGs at that) so a lot of the story is controlled by the player (with obvious restrictions set by the developers), whereas with the movies all you can do is sit down and watch, theres no interaction involved...

Like I said, you can't compare...

My two cents... :)

DL

P.S. Although I would love to see a movie version of KOTOR released I think it would be most unwise for them to make it... there's too many issues involved... the most important ones being whether they'd make Revan female/male or DS/LS...

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I personally don't think its fair to compare the two... I think everyone is forgetting that they are presented on two completely different media!

With the games theres a huge amount of interaction occurring (because, duh, they're games and RPGs at that) so a lot of the story is controlled by the player (with obvious restrictions set by the developers), whereas with the movies all you can do is sit down and watch, theres no interaction involved...

Like I said, you can't compare...

My two cents... :)

DL

P.S. Although I would love to see a movie version of KOTOR released I think it would be most unwise for them to make it... there's too many issues involved... the most important ones being whether they'd make Revan female/male or DS/LS...

exactly good point,DarthLaunch,how can you compare a game to that of a movie?you can agree,that they have similar charcteristics in both ways but thats it.

I feel the same way. You really can't compare a game to a movie and to be honest I didn't find the stories in either KOTOR all that great nor do I feel they would translate well to be movies. Of course, the stories were what I expected of them and doesn't make them bad games for it but I don't think they'd work as movies. Am I the only one who saw the Revan twist in KOTOR1 from a long ways away?

I just wanted to ask is Kotor better then the OT movies or as good as the movies or not better then the movies?

Well, Bastilla, in my opinion, both KotOR1 and 2 supersede the Star Wars movies. I saw the movies but never took a particular liking to them despite my penchant for sci-fi. It was only this past winter when my roommate casually gave me his copy of KotOR2 that I fell in love with the depth and quirks of the Star Wars universe. Since then I've been playing and replaying both KotOR games (dark side, light side, male, female) and they've surpassed my love for the Final Fantasy series.

In a nutshell, the KotOR stories are superior and it being a game makes it a far more involving/real universe.

In my humble opinion.

-=Jade=-

I would definetly say that the movies still rank a step above the kotor games. There is just that real emotion, i feel, the movies have that kotor lacks especially the first one. Aside from Malak's words of regret at the end it all seemed so light hearted and teeny. I would say kotor2 however breathed some new life in the ever-so-cliche roster of star wars games.