What's with the ending????

helo people, I just finished the game with a LS female on XB, and the ending is really bugging me. Is the ending supposed to be as cryptic as Yoda speech??? Much of the stuff didn't make much sense if any. For Nilious, it feels like he hasn't really got much to do with the game (other than being on the front cover, giving his follower to you and occasionally doing the "rawwwwwrrr" at you while you're on the Ravager). As for Sion, it's like "ummmm, are you sure you're a Sith????", why would a Sith care if the exile gets corrupted??

All that aside, the stuff that went on at M5 was just about as confusing as it gets. How did Mira end up anywhere near where she woke up before she faught Hanharr?? Like, sure, if she flew through the window when they crash landed, but all the way to the big metal gate near the bridge to the Sith academy???? Then she walks towards the academy after her victory, and that pretty much the end of that. Why did they even bother with that? What is the point? If she did go into the academy, why did I not encounter her (or any of my followers) when I was in the academy?? Who fixed Ebon Hawk?? Last I checked it got banged up pretty bad when it crash landed on M5, and then later on fell down a bottom-less pit. Next thing I knew, Ebon Hawk picked up my character and flew off, and not explaining what happened to the remote and GO-TO after their little convo about "we'll wait for the command......blah". What exactly is that map note in the academy that I can never get to? Some sort of secret?

I'm like totally lost after watching that ending. Would be nice if someone can explain the importance (if any) to the ending.

p.s anyone know anything about that HK protocol droid in the Telos base (where you get the orbital shuttle shuttle to get to the ice cap). I managed to activate him, then he started following me, and then some random cut scene (like a 1 or perhaps 2 sec cut scene) showing him blowing up, and then he was gone.

There are heaps of posts on the ending. The two searches you do (display results as threads in advanced search rather than as millions of posts), would be on key terms like "cut content", "cut ending". Even with the cut content there though it's pretty crptic.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Wow, shocking, a lot of the contents got cut. By the looks of it, only like 10% survived that cut. When are they ever going to learn?? "Good things take time", and it's obvious that they didn't take much time with this game.

Back to the ending again. I think that they should've at least explained Mira's part of the story, either that, or not have that fight of her vs hanharr at all. Having that fight at that part of the game is about as arbitary as not showing the remote detonating the shadow device thing.

Some notes on the plot: Kind of wird how the story starts off by leaving you in the dark, and ends by leaving you in the dark. And things you did in the game didn't really matter much. You never do find out why the jedi casted you out, they gave you a reason, but the jedi masters didn't sound like they believe what they were saying anymore than I did. If they ever decide to make a 3rd one, I'd suggest hiring someone who can actually write a proper story.

And the last I checked, for the lightside ending, Malachor blew up so I guessing Mira was waiting for the Exile to come out. Then(if you train her) she sensed the droids and went to them. And Visas and any other Force users managed to keep the ship from falling all the way down. Next,GO-TO somehow talked to T3 and told him about destroying Malachor. Atton and the crew picked up the droids when Exile was killing Kreia.They talked via comlink; Atton told Exile that the remote was moments away from pushing the button that would destroy the planet. Exile tells Atton to tell the remote to push the button and that he/she'll be waiting. The destruction takes a while so the crew will be able to save Exile. Atton flies under the ramp that leads to the Trayus academy and comes up to where Exile is waiting.The crew flies out of Malachor narrowly escaping death.

This may or may not be what really happened; it is just my theory.

two words 'Christmas Shopping <_< ' they cut the game to ribbons to have it ready in time for christmas :rolleyes:

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

two words 'Christmas Shopping  <_< ' they cut the game to ribbons to have it ready in time for christmas  :huh:

In that case, what a waste. They do know that christmas happen every year right??

Would be nice if they can either release a patch out for it, or like re-release the game as the uncut edition (got the game on xbox, a little hard to get patches on the damn thing). All I can say now is that I think too much was unexplained. Having and open ended ending is one thing, having a sudden and unexplained ending was really anti climatic. It's like one of the only let downs I think.

two words 'Christmas Shopping  <_< ' they cut the game to ribbons to have it ready in time for christmas  :huh:

In that case, what a waste. They do know that christmas happen every year right??

Would be nice if they can either release a patch out for it, or like re-release the game as the uncut edition (got the game on xbox, a little hard to get patches on the damn thing). All I can say now is that I think too much was unexplained. Having and open ended ending is one thing, having a sudden and unexplained ending was really anti climatic. It's like one of the only let downs I think.

Well I got three words for that one 'Not Gonna Happen :'( ' Lucas Arts owns this thing and they probably don't care about a few disgruntled fans, by the way I managed to peice together most of the HK-50 factory and I posted it on the forum if you want to see it just ask, and welcome to the forum :cool:

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

Not to be mean, or anything, but:

Live with it!! There are enough threads out there saying the same thing, no need to start another one!

P.S I thought Atton got killed by Darth Sion?

Well not to be rude to you but

Many new people have a hard time digging through the forums to find stuff and they post their questions on the forum to find out the stuff they need to know, and its our jobs as people who have been here longer to help them :cool:

two words 'Christmas Shopping  <_< ' they cut the game to ribbons to have it ready in time for christmas  ;)

Well I got three words for that one 'Not Gonna Happen :'( ' Lucas Arts owns this thing and they probably don't care about a few disgruntled fans, by the way I managed to peice together most of the HK-50 factory and I posted it on the forum if you want to see it just ask, and welcome to the forum :cool:

thanks for your welcome. And yes, I would like to see what you have piced together of the HK-50 factory. To the people getting annoyed with me, "we were all noobs at one point". :cool:

Thanks a bunch, time for things to start making sense, lol.

You really should lurk before posting. Then you would see a lot of the info you are complaining isn't here. This is the best summary I have found (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>); it was only a couple of pages back.

It is pretty naive to believe you can just turn up and post something that no-one else has commented on before. :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT