Bugged - Team Combat Modes

Hey - I dont know if any of you have had this problem, but on my PC version of KOTOR II, there is no "defense" team combat stance, but the others are there (aggressive, stationary, etc.)

However, even with the others, the characters dont seem to always act in accord to the combat stance. For example, it states that with the ranged stance, charcters switch to melee if their opponents close in. Mine, who are armed with ranged on one weapon set, and melee on another, do not do that.

It seems the other combat stances are also somewhat bugged.

Do you guys know of any fixes for this?

Help would be appreciated

Yup, "defense" went missing between the manual being printed and the game goling gold. Shame, as it should have been the perfect solution for party members running around like headless chickens when fighting the mercenaries at the Czerka base in the restoration zone; or to prevent them charging headlong through mines their awareness skill should tell them are there.

"Stationary" is a bit troublesome, too. Sometimes they will come to your aid if they aren't too far away, despite being set to this stance.

The other annoying one - for KotOR 1 players, anyway - is the absence of "Droid support". You can equip droids with flame throwers and carbonite projectors, but the only way they will ever use them is if you step into the driving seat yourself.

"Ranged", however, works fine for me. Even if they don't have melee weapons equipped in the second slot (especially on the Harbinger), they will switch to unarmed combat when a Sith Assassin closes to engage them in melee combat...

No fixes that I know of, and it doesn't seem to be something that can be fixed by anyone but Obsidian...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

In case anyone else is interested in having a play with Stoffe's work, the thread in which it is discussed is here . Be careful; it is an evolving mod and the earlier download links aren't live anymore...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

In case anyone else is interested in having a play with Stoffe's work, the thread in which it is discussed is here . Be careful; it is an evolving mod and the earlier download links aren't live anymore...

Two posts up, mate...

ugh, unfortunately, Stoffe's link in his post is dead...

I did say that some of the earlier links weren't valid anymore. Try this one from lower down.

What I hate about combat is that it doesn't really matter what you tell your friends to do, since they'll start doing whatever they want past the first round of combat anyway, it seems... I hate that you can't switch scripts off a la BG, since it really screws up your tactics often enough.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum