Cheating!? Heavens to betsy..

I'm playing through my 7th or 8th game of TSL, and I was hoping to start using some of the cheats (namely to get HK-47's assassin rifle)...unfortunately, when I press the ~ after adding that EnableCheats=1...

...but it's still not working. Am I missing something, or did one of the updates I downloaded for the game nix any cheating? Thanks for any help.

Updates don't affect the ability to cheat. You need to update the .ini file. Also your keyboard might have a different key for the console, for example, mine is the ` (which is the extreme left top key, just under "Esc").

This should probably be in the Spoilers forum. :lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Cheat mode:

Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "swkotor2.ini" file in the game folder. Scroll to the "GAME OPTIONS" section and add the following line:

EnableCheats=1

Save the file and start the game. Press ~ during game play then enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: A console window will not appear. Press [Tab] to list all console commands

Got it off of gamewinners.com hope it helps.

It does work.

The thing is though, in TSL (unlike kotor1) the text does not appear on screen.  Just type whatever cheat you want and press enter.  If you spelled it right, it should work.

Ohhhhhhhh. Yes, that little tidbit of information does help. Thank you!

And thanks to the rest of you too.