Will you buy LucasArts products after KOTOR II?

ncr

Will you buy LucasArts products after KOTOR II?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy LucasArts products after KOTOR II?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

That is going to be on a case by case basis. Before Kotor, their last memorable games would be X-wing & Tie fighter (and their various adventure games) all of which is a lots of years ago. Kotor 1 was an ok game and 2 also, each with their own strengths and weaknesses (each game has it's own fanboys who are blind to their favourites shortcomings). Odds are, neither will be reinstalled and played in 3 years time.

If L.A. is going to release stuff with approx. 1 year development cycles, then no, not really. If they learn a lesson and start caring more about quality than xmas releases, then possibly.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Already bought EP III on the DS so it's a bit of a moot question for me. Although I will say it had more to do with a lack of DS titles at the time and more loathing of platform games, than any great desire to own it. It's still not a bad game though.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Ha! Not without checking the testimonials of acctual players in the printed media (PC mags) and on fora like this. I will not be pre-ordering, like the first two KotORs. I will watch and wait.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If it's a KotOR game, then yes... (or any kind of Star Wars RPG)

Otherwise... no.

Dito. Except if it was an outright action RPG, then Id leave it alone.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guest Fishboot

Only Obsidian stuff (or Bio, I suppose). I play and finish a good number of misfired games - not many of them are close enough to great to get me to log onto the dev boards and try to get to the bottom of things. :lol:

Other than that, I can't think of any LA stuff I'd be into - maybe if hell freezes over and a new Sam & Max or Full Throttle game gets made. Yeah, right.

Speaking of which, it's been so freaking long since the last good space sim. Aye, how I long for the day when I can take on a star destroyer alongside some buddies once more.

The genre is dead :lol:

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Does LEgo Star Wars count? i loved that ****. After being a fanboy and shelling out too much for the EP 3 game, I too will be a little wary of LA unless its an RPG. The whole republic commando/battlefront thing didn't do too much for me, but if there is a KOTOR 3 in the mix I can't see myself doing anything but renting their games... :ermm:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

That has to be one of the most pure fun games I've played in ages.The EP III game is pretty good too, some of the scenes are better than the movie, the Jedi Temple in particular.

Although since I rented both, couldnt really include them on the list.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I thought the controls for the Ep3 game were atrocious. Lightsaber shunts? I don get it at ahh... :ermm: But my favorite LA stinker has to be Obi-Wan for the XBOX. At least it was from the bargain bin.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I thought the controls for the Ep3 game were atrocious.  Lightsaber shunts?  I don get it at ahh... :ermm:  But my favorite LA stinker has to be Obi-Wan for the XBOX.  At least it was from the bargain bin.

To me they worked just like offensive and defensive blocks, your right though really odd choice of word to use.

478327[/snapback]

I don't know, it was like having a counter to a counter move. And nobody gets anything out of it really because 80% of the time either you or your opponent would do his little backwards lean thingy... :ermm: I liked the LOTR series better,except the first one.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I don't know, it was like having a counter to a counter move.  And nobody gets anything out of it really because 80% of the time either you or your opponent would do his little backwards lean thingy... :ermm:  I liked the LOTR series better,except the first one.

Yep if you tap the same button as the attack you get out of the way.

I'd probably agree with that, but still there are worse ways to spend an afternoon.

478327[/snapback]

If its an RPG I'll probaly buy it, because renting those never seems to work for me, any thing else I'll rent first and then see.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Inasmuchas KotOR 2 was an excellent game, yes. I should have voted "maybe" since it's ridiculous to answer a hypothetical question about some mysterious future game about which we know nothing. On the other hand, the original question is stupidly prejudicial that I felt compelled to vote yes.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I voted yes, on the grounds that, barring Lucasarts going bankrupt or being phased out, I am most certain that sometime or other in the future they will put out another good game that I want. Whether that game be a new Jedi Knight style shoot 'em up/saber combat sim, space sim, RTS, KotOR3, or whatever, they will put something out I want, and I will buy it.