"There's more where that came from!"

I was just wondering if there is a way to get my team to BE QUIET every once in awhile while in battle. I know the patch fixed some chatter while opening containers and unlocking doors, but what about these "battle cries?"

It get VERY old and annoying after awhile :ermm:

My understanding is those battle cries are issued whenever an NPC scores a critical hit.

If you give your NPCs keen blades or lightsabers then expect to hear them a lot; if you don't give them critical strike feats and keen blades then expect to hear them not a lot.

Of course, they will be a lot less use to you in fight, but you can't have everything... :blink:

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

My understanding is those battle cries are issued whenever an NPC scores a critical hit.

If you give your NPCs keen blades or lightsabers then expect to hear them a lot; if you don't give them critical strike feats and keen blades then expect to hear them not a lot.

Of course, they will be a lot less use to you in fight, but you can't have everything...  :blink:

Ah, good to know. Thanks :)

I'm willing to bet that the VOs are triggered by the game's engine which means that tweaking the frequency of VOs is out of the question. What you can do is take existing (less annoying) VO's and replace them with others. I made a mod that did this for Disciple, and I have to tell you, it makes a world of difference.

As for w666tvr's comment, there is a Critical Hit VO, but it is only one of many. You can find all the combat VOs in the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\StreamSounds folder (p_npcname etc etc).

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."