Look at this

Why would K3 be stalled if LA is revamping their company.

Whoever is working on K3 wouldn't be effected besides this aside from attain a lincense.

When I read the title and your name I was expecting sometning questionable :D

It's old news, and besides you really wouldnt want a KOTOR III done by LA in house.

Hahahah.. hahha.. can't stop laughing.

You do know that Lucasarts developed and produced some of the best games of all time. Every game they turn out is simply supre.

Why would K3 be stalled if LA is revamping their company.

Whoever is working on K3 wouldn't be effected besides this aside from attain a lincense.

From the end of the article...

'On the project front, an informed industry source said the team attached to the early stages of development on Knights of the Old Republic 3 was let go in yesterday's layoff.'

Bit difficult to make a game without designers, developers, artists and QA people. Though a lot of publishers do try...

Oh well it's typical for LA. They have been laying off all of their game designers for the past 10 years.

It's really interested to know that LA tried to undertake the project themselves, though the team got layoffed. So unless a company picks it up there isn't even going to be a KOTOR.

Great work Obsidan, ending the franchise with a crappy game.

I don't trust the media enough to believe stuff like this. <_< Maybe those workers were fired, but KOTOR 3 is still coming out. I don't think LA would sacrifice all the money they could make with KOTOR 3 just because some workers were fired. They should make Bioware do it. They'll make it great.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I don't trust the media enough to believe stuff like this. <_<  Maybe those workers were fired, but KOTOR 3 is still coming out. I don't think LA would sacrifice all the money they could make with KOTOR 3 just because some workers were fired. They should make Bioware do it. They'll make it great.

Hardly, they will make it adequate.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I don't trust the media enough to believe stuff like this. <_<  Maybe those workers were fired, but KOTOR 3 is still coming out. I don't think LA would sacrifice all the money they could make with KOTOR 3 just because some workers were fired. They should make Bioware do it. They'll make it great.

Thats assuming that Lucasarts has the money to make (or pay someone to make) the game in the first place. The lay offs would suggest they are running low on funds...

The people where layed off. I've had a few friends that worked at lucas art and it sucks. You'll be working on a project then it gets done the tell you not to come into work. Then three months later a new project starts and your called in to work again.

Look at the very bottom of the article and it says that it was posted in august of last year. Here is a quote for all of you who may doubt me.

"On the project front, an informed industry source said the team attached to the early stages of development on Knights of the Old Republic 3 was let go in yesterday's layoff.

By Curt Feldman -- GameSpot

POSTED: 08/13/04 12:25 PM PST"

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Hardly, they will make it adequate.

What in the world is your problem with Bioware? :blink:

Then you've outgrown good games as well then.

No just seriously overhyped ones :D

I could write an essay on what was wrong with Bioware games from NwN to now. But it's wasted on fanboys. Like the matrix you will have to get out on your own :blink:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh no....its you again. The hater of Jade Empire. (well not hate..but you know what I mean)

Just because some workers were laid off, it doesn't mean they would cancel the whole project. Remember, it was during early stages of development. If they weren't that far in, I think they would try again with new staff. Better staff. Like, lets say, Bioware?

1169782506.gif

Oh no....its you again. The hater of Jade Empire. (well not hate..but you know what I mean)

No, do enlighten me.

I dont know about you, but a 20 hour RPG with a see through story and a combat system that would insult the intelligence of a chimp does not make me a happy camper.

I personally dont want Bioware and their obvious storytelling anywhere near KOTORIII. And the less I see Revan the better.

478327[/snapback]

Just because some workers were laid off, it doesn't mean they would cancel the whole project. Remember, it was during early stages of development. If they weren't that far in, I think they would try again with new staff. Better staff. Like, lets say, Bioware?

It's not always just a question of which staff does it (I haven't been particularly impressed with Biowares games since BG2 either and even the main story arc in that one was silly). An equally important factor is the budget and time schedule. There are things you just can't rush by throwing more people at it in a project, so sufficient time and testing *is* part of what makes a game easier to digest. Some companies (no names mentioned, there are more than one) have figured it out and become the junk food of the gaming industry, games that are addictive and easy to get into and just as easy to forget and never get back to.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Whatever! I'm not trying to turn this into a Jade Empire debate like we did wth Misty Eyed Movie Moments! The point is that in the hands of a reliable company, be it Bioware or whoever the hell you want, KOTOR 3 would trounce KOTOR 1 and 2 in terms of story. I was just implying that Lucas Arts should consider letting Bioware back in, as they proved with KOTOR that they can make an above average RPG. They may not make the best RPG's, but they do make good ones.

Now I'm just spamming, so I'll leave it at that. Please get back on topic. <_<

1169782506.gif

Whatever! I'm not trying to turn this into a Jade Empire debate like we did wth Misty Eyed Movie Moments! The point is that in the hands of a reliable company, be it Bioware or whoever the hell you want, KOTOR 3 would trounce KOTOR 1 and 2 in terms of story. I was just implying that Lucas Arts should consider letting Bioware back in, as they proved with KOTOR that they can make an above average RPG. They may not make the best RPG's, but they do make good ones.

No idea about Jade Empire, didn't follow it, no plans on getting it (don't have a console), but for the rest, it was Bioware who turned L.A. down not the other way around. Makes you wonder if they saw the time shedule and went: Go &^%$ yourself :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Actually, for once this debate is on topic, as we are discussing our opinions of who should develop Kotor 3 in a thread which focuses on the laying off of the in-house LA dev team. Thus, speculation on said topic is to be expected and welcomed.

That said, Bioware makes okay games. They aren't great, they aren't excellent, they are just okay. See, what prevents Bioware from making great games is their overuse of foreshadowing, their inability to create "surprising" storylines that aren't readily apparent from the first hour of play, and their equation of evil with thuggery. Combat isnt one of their strongsuits either.

If given the time and proper resources, I believe Obsidian could make a highly superior game to any of Bioware's. I suppose we shall see with NWN 2.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

That said, Bioware makes okay games. They aren't great, they aren't excellent, they are just okay. See, what prevents Bioware from making great games is their overuse of foreshadowing, their inability to create "surprising" storylines that aren't readily apparent from the first hour of play, and their equation of evil with thuggery. Combat isnt one of their strongsuits either. 

I dunno. Of the current gaming companies, I'd say Bioware and Obsidian are responsible for my favorite games (yes, Obsidian only has one to their credit). But I suppose it's subjective, however IMO, Bioware DOES create great games. Atleast in comparison to what else is on the market in that genre.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)