Dying and coming back as a ghost

Well, won't it be cool if you died somewhere in the game because you messed up and underestimated an enemy or something, then you become a force ghost and you go back to your party members (some of them who died can be ghosts as well) and you go to the bad guy who killed you and then you scare the crap out of him and then you beat him and kill him. And you can give telephatic messages to your other teammates like: "Run, Carth! Run" And then there will be 4 possible endings for the game, one where you are alive and light side, one when you are alive and dark side, and two when yuo are a ghost. It'll be like for example some Yoda-like dude will say "Congratulations, you are now the hero... er, or ex-hero..." And then you can be able to meet the ghosts of all the dead people you encountered in previous games and keep killing them for good. And you probably won't need credits anymore, you can just take what you want lol. Does this sound like a good idea?

No, it sounds completely impractical. For a start, only LS can be Force Ghosts. Secondly, they don't hang around and chat, there is an obvious limit to their appearances (as they are very brief and infrequent in the movies). They certainly wouldn't be around for long enough to engage in combat.

And as they are all the same alignment, it would be very odd if one of them started attacking one or more of the others. Also, they are most probably totally immune to all but the most potent of Force Drain powers, anyway.

Finally, and this is crucial: I don't see the point, from a game play point of view.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

LS only? Hint hint, Atila Pall?

Not really a good example. Dead DS disintergrate: remember Obi-Wan's final words to Darth Vader (and if you have the super-duper latest DVD Special Edition, the earlier deleted dialogue goes further than just stating that the LS are happy campers, the DS are "destroyed utterly", I think his words are.)

Even if we stretch to include the KotOR game as acceptable, Ajunta Pall was bound to his tomb, so not much use for a PC to be stuck haunting a particular piece of furniture.

And my third point still stands: why?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't know about you guys, but I got enough of being dead in Jade Empire. All it serves as is a constant reminder that no matter how hard you try to prevent it, your poor dumb character will always fall into some rather obvious traps. How many Dark Jedi can you fight through and fools can you outwit, and yet your idiot PC still gets gassed by a bounty hunter, electrocuted by Goto, betrayed by Kreia, AND locked up by Lt. Grenn and his pansies?!

sig2.gif

no, I don't think it would be worthwhile for the PC to play as a ghost.

regarding DS ghosts: it is true that the movies do not feature DS ghosts....however, the EU has numerous examples of DS spirits remaining in the "prime plane" (to use D&D language).

examples:

Freedon Nadd's spirit (was ultimately destroyed by Exar Kun)

Exar Kun's spirit was infused in the pyramids of Yavin 4 for several centuries

Dagobah, the place where Yoda is hiding, has a powerful DS ghost....that is why Palps can't find Master Yoda.

Oh, and that idea really is kind of lame Eddo...but we appreciate your input (or lack of as the case may be), nevertheless.  :lol:

the idea of a ghost PC may be lame, as you say, but I think we do need to see more ghosts in these games and as key storytelling devices.

MORE GHOSTS = LESS FORCE BONDS

YEA !!!!

No, it sounds completely impractical. For a start, only LS can be Force Ghosts. Secondly, they don't hang around and chat, there is an obvious limit to their appearances (as they are very brief and infrequent in the movies). They certainly wouldn't be around for long enough to engage in combat.

And as they are all the same alignment, it would be very odd if one of them started attacking one or more of the others. Also, they are most probably totally immune to all but the most potent of Force Drain powers, anyway.

Finally, and this is crucial: I don't see the point, from a game play point of view.

Someone is taking this way too seriously..

I didn't start the thread, I'm just demolishing it in a logical and orderly manner.

As for Dark Side Ghosts, I refer back to Obi-Wan's original dialogue for ANH, which ended up on the cutting room floor. It just goes to show that the EU is total fantasy, based on the imagined fantasies of GL. That's fantsay raised to the fantasy power, which is ludicrous.

I agree have LS Ghost "answering machine" signposts in the game -- especially instead of foce bonds.

I disagree that there is any benefit whatsoever for the PC to become one. (Unless it is a one-trick denouement where the LS PC sacrifices their life in order to grant the party an advantage, and comes back to give some warning. That would work, but again, you can't overuse it -- and certainly not as a playable character.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

C'mon, meta is hardly so serious as you present him to be. :cool:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I didn't start the thread, I'm just demolishing it in a logical and orderly manner.

Which is why you're taking it too seriously..

... If I don't show Eddo the error of his ways, he ends up posting endless permutations of these hare-brained ideas EVERYWHERE. Trust me, the trouble with Tribbles ... ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And if you fail, we have to drive through a sun's corona. We'd rather not do that.

aka flame him

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

LS only? Hint hint, Atila Pall?

Not really a good example. Dead DS disintergrate: remember Obi-Wan's final words to Darth Vader (and if you have the super-duper latest DVD Special Edition, the earlier deleted dialogue goes further than just stating that the LS are happy campers, the DS are "destroyed utterly", I think his words are.)

Even if we stretch to include the KotOR game as acceptable, Ajunta Pall was bound to his tomb, so not much use for a PC to be stuck haunting a particular piece of furniture.

And my third point still stands: why?

Well.... Exar Kun! He did some pretty badass things as a ghost on Yavin. And if you got to be bound to somewhere, what about being bound to the Ebon Hawk? Then you can go with it across the galaxy. And why? To add to the immersiveness!!! Not the same old always being alive repetitiveness.

meta... you seem to have a habit of informing people of the errors of there ways when you find it to be stupid or wrong. Everyone likes different things, and if that

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT