"Xcom" comes to the GBA.

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58466

Dosnt look to have the character and charm of the FireEmblem series, but it's not fantasy and the system looks like it was lifted more or less verbatim from Xcom.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Guest Fishboot

How did I miss this? I just posted something about X-Com in the thread above this one. <_<

It's funny to see a game that used to give me nightmares rendered in searing, bright colors with superdeformed artwork and aimed at children.

One of the guys in the comments link under the item says it's being made by the Gollups - looks like I have to get a GBA.

I always thought the sectoids from Xcom were "cute". Part of the problem with the look is those graphics are scaled up from a gameboy player, on the small GBA/DS screen they dont look that garish, the high colour is required on something like the GBA because of the small screen making subtle colour changes indistinct.

I'm a little dissapointed in that your squad are not particularly individual, but I've been playing FireEmblem a lot recently.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]