I used a combination of force speed and valor + flurry attacks, I think, but I was a guardian with a pretty good to-hit on that run. Without knowing what kind of character you're playing it's hard to say.

If you're a more delicate (read: less HP) class, still use the speed/valor, your best shield, and try grenading the crap out of it from a distance while you run around avoiding damage.

I always use lightning or disable/destroy droid on it until either it dies, or I run out of force and have to use melee. If you need to, you could always fight it until you run low on health, retreat to one of the coridors where it can't get you, heal/regain your force, and then go again. You could repeat that process until it's dead. But honestly, if you can't kill it in one go, you either have a bad character build or you just need to practice control in combat.

I just gave swords to each of my party members (Exile, Bao Dur and Kreia) and they jointly finished it off pretty quickly. As I recall there is a lab bench and a work bench available in the military complex. If necessary, you can use the lab bench to make some advanced medpacks before the battle -- you can administer these to the party members during the battle without losing a turn by going to the items screen, choosing useable and double click on the medpack (as much as once for each character in each round). You can also make grenades and/or mines using the lab bench, and you can also use the workbench to beef up the weapons your party members are using (Atton has excellent one hand blaster skills).

Some may view this as cheating, but when you first walk into the room where the shuttle is, lay a few mines in front of the door.  Not too close, though, or the droid will walk over them without setting them off.

WHAT DOOR??????????? :rolleyes:

This wasn't my post but I spent some time wondering the same thing; I think Superdude is referring to the closed door that hides (encloses) the droid when you pass through the shuttle room the first time.

I line the room with mines and have Kreia use her disable droid power and while she dose that I have Atton use an Ion type weapon while I use;

Couciler: Droid Disable

Gaurdian: Ion lined Blade

Sentinel: Either

Grenades are too unpredictable

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Use Kreia's force lightning (the tank droid is unable to resist this damage). If you have a Jedi guardian like me send him to attack the droid while you shoot with Bao-Dur. I didn't face any problem with this battle. An alternative will be to switch to solo mode (keep your other two characters in the control room) and to use Kreia's spells against the droid. When your vitalirty drops very low disengage, heal your character and rerurn to finish the job

Also doesn't hurt to equip an energy shield. You should have found a couple of better shields that can absorb heat damage from the droid's flamethrower. The Arkanian shield works well.

Equip your character with a vibroblade that was upgraded with ion upgrades. Hack away...

Also, if you have any ion blasters, use them.

Strange, I never found the droid to be that difficult. I just walked in, used four or five force storms, and it died. :devil:

Well, if you're having a hard time you could use the mine trick, then set one ranged character to a gun that deals ion damage and one to a vibroblade with ion upgrades, let them do as much damage as they can, and then go in and finish him off with a bunch of shields and any defensive powers you have. Force Heal is a good investment. But I still say a few good Force Storms from a distance should do the trick.

P.S. It has a flamethrower?

sig2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My character had either Revitalize or Improved Revitalize (doesn't really matter which)

I hid her in the room close to the droid (it has lockers in it). I put her really close to the wall, then sent Kreia and Bao-Dur out to fight it. They would shoot it. Anytime one of them died, my Exile would cast Revitalize and **poof!** they were back on their feet, attacking the droid once more. Plus, Kreia would automatically cast force Heal, which definetly helped.

Maybe on my next playthrough, I'll try one of the other techniques mentioned...

• 1 year later...

I thought the tank droid was fairly easy. The trick is, is to plant a whole bunch of mines down in front of the door before the tank droid wanders out of its room. :D

But if that fails you can also throw a bunch of ion grenades at it, some Force powers are pretty handy, such as 'Disable Droid'.

Hope I helped.

I used force storm on that beast... Melee weapons aren't really useful against him, in my experience..

Melee worked fine for me, but I do often find myself jealous of the Force Storm power...

I have force shock and i want force storm. Does disable droid and force push work on it??

No.force Push doesn't do a thing and I don't think disable droid works becuz it's too big.force Lightning is way better to use than shock.