Fallout 2

*Grab Patch* ;)"

Looks great. good timing too. I'm sort of between FO2 games right now (playing BG1&2)

:x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

^ wow >_<

One question, does this fix/restore the game or does this add "new stuff"?

I love patches/fanmadestuff that fixes the game, and loathe those that add "new stuff" (except for cosmetic ones like the new clothes/armors in Morrowind)

With some minor changes, like the karma drop when stealing from the schaman, it's difficult to decide whether it was a bug in the first place but Seraph himself pointed out that he is concerned fixing bugs and not making a mod. There are no radical gameplay changes and most bugs are self-explanatory. It really improves the overall gameplay, at least if bugs bother you.

Im running the 1.05 unofficial patch from NMA-Fallout, it has a fixlist a mile long although there are some changes that seem pretty arbitrary

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

^ wow ;)

One question, does this fix/restore the game or does this add "new stuff"?

I love patches/fanmadestuff that fixes the game, and loathe those that add "new stuff" (except for cosmetic ones like the new clothes/armors in Morrowind)

With some minor changes, like the karma drop when stealing from the schaman, it's difficult to decide whether it was a bug in the first place but Seraph himself pointed out that he is concerned fixing bugs and not making a mod. There are no radical gameplay changes and most bugs are self-explanatory. It really improves the overall gameplay, at least if bugs bother you.

Cool :) I was worried, I really hate patches that add/alter dialogue/story.

Seeing the elder for the first time and hearing her say "Wassup dood?!" would make me cry :thumbsup:

Im running the 1.05 unofficial patch from NMA-Fallout, it has a fixlist a mile long although there are some changes that seem pretty arbitrary

The 1.05 patch is sadly discontinued. It also crossed the line between pure patch and mod very often but for reasons Fallout fans can understand like making Vault 15 look like in part 1 again. I stick with Seraph's patch because it's still developed and he uses packed .dat files which makes updating easier. There were also some bugs introduced by 1.05 and never fixed, not even with 1.051.

Can you run Seraph's patch on a 1.05 patched install? I read the fix list and there was a lot of things there that sounded really interesting.

I was wondering, are there no female party members anywhere? Ive just encountered male/mutant/deathclaw ones.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Seeing the elder for the first time and hearing her say "Wassup dood?!" would make me cry :thumbsup:

Actually, it'd be a kickass addition.

Elder: "Wassup d00d?!"

Chosen One: "Uh, yeah. So, I hear you have a task for me?"

Elder: "Yeh m8. teh village is teh sux. we even got some fxxing single headed brahmin d00d! U need to go grab teh

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Can you run Seraph's patch on a 1.05 patched install? I read the fix list and there was a lot of things there that sounded really interesting.

I'm not sure, but I think I have read topics that they cause severe problems when using them in conjunction. But again, I have no first-hand experience but you might want skip such experiments until you have at least finished the game once.

Finished the game atleast once? Why would I play it again? Its not like the characters have new things to say or that the story magicly changes all of a sudden...

I might replay it in 10 years when Ive forgotten everything but not much sooner.

Finished the game atleast once? Why would I play it again? Its not like the characters have new things to say or that the story magicly changes all of a sudden...

To do things different or side with different factions? Create a different character build?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I might replay it in 10 years when Ive forgotten everything but not much sooner.

There's so many different ways to solve all the quests, and, well, if you wanna spoil yerself a wee bit:

At the end of the game you'll get to find out how your actions affected the fate of every place you visited, and there are a LOT of permutations depending on how you play the game.

Umm... Fallout 2 has about 12 different possible ending scenarios.

Not to mention vast ways to accomplish things.

Fallout 2 IS replayability :)

12? I take it thats including the "this is what what happened to.." for the different areas?

But I cant replay story-based games. Im very good at milking the most out of a game on the first run and that paired with my

But I cant replay story-based games. Im very good at milking the most out of a game on the first run and that paired with my

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

FO's story is about as basic as they come. It's how each individial is so well crafted area and how that area reacts to you as a catalyst of events that makes its special ( :devil:" ).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The 1.05 patch is sadly discontinued. It also crossed the line between pure patch and mod very often but for reasons Fallout fans can understand like making Vault 15 look like in part 1 again. I stick with Seraph's patch because it's still developed and he uses packed .dat files which makes updating easier. There were also some bugs introduced by 1.05 and never fixed, not even with 1.051.

Are you using the packed version of the dat file without any problems?

Too bad you can't use the Fallout2 Patcher with Seraph's patch. The Patcher allows for 800x600 resolution. Except for not being able to see a picture in the dialogue box and save files, it works fine. Here is the link.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php...ile&file_id=658

Are you using the packed version of the dat file without any problems?

Too bad you can't use the Fallout2 Patcher with Seraph's patch.  The Patcher allows for 800x600 resolution.  Except for not being able to see a picture in the dialogue box and save files, it works fine.  Here is the link.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php...ile&file_id=658

I haven't encountered any problems yet but I'm not far into the game due to real life obligations. I can tell you more in a month when I have more free time again. I'm using it primarily for finding bugs if there are any.

But you brought up a point. The packed version is supposed to be more experimental so if you want to play safe use the unpacked version and save your data folder before using the patch. Seraph mentioned that he uses a new packer now which should (!) cause less trouble.

Im actually having alot of trouble getting into the first fallout.  I've heard all the praise, I've heard all the hype, but uh, well, I don't know what the problem is.  But thats not the problem.  But what I do know is that the answering of this question might just make it easier for me to enjoy this game.  My question is about the back pack.  I know Ihave put items in it, but I can't figure out how to open the damned thing.  If someone can help me out, I shall be a happy man.  If this backpack increases my carrying capacity, I will be double happy

The problem is that you are playing it 10 years too late. Fallout 1 was exceptional when it came out - decent graphics, funky gameplay and a great story! Now the first two are very dated whilst the novelty of the storyline has been eroded by the crappy sequels and various rival games that have "borrowed" heavily from its atmosphere and storyline.

Ive got a bit of a dumb question, how do you view holodiscs?

Ive got a bit of a dumb question, how do you view holodiscs?

Simply "use" them, and then go to your PipBoy2000. Under "archives" there should be a list of all the downloaded contents from holodisks.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ive been doing fine this far with just my trusty .223 pistol(how odd that may seem in reality) but its starting to get really hard so Ive been shopping for something with more punch.

I found something really promising called a "Bozar" that looked like a .50 Sniper rifle and the description was also something along "the ultimate in sniping bla.." but the blasted thing is a machinegun! wtf?! And whats the point of MGs really? They chew up so copious amounts of ammo that a single firefight is likely to deplete all your ammo.

Any suggestions for a good gun and where I could find it? And should I buff out my Big guns or Energy weapons skill?

edit: I killed the entire Wright family as part of my own agenda to wipe New Reno clean but nothing really happened(I didnt get a "you killed Orville Wright 1500exp" notice). Anyone have any idea if such an act has any impact on New Renos ending?