Non-human subtitles...

The non-human subtitles are scrolling past at a rate that I can't keep up with at certain points of the game, and I find this very frustrating. Is there any way that I can slow the rate at which the subtitles progress or pause the game at each subtitle?

I apologize if this has been asked about before. I did a search and came up with nothing, but I didn't spend hours digging.

If you're talking about the dialog, I get the same thing, no one really helped me out with it and I really have no idea whats going on and I just got off Telos. It is very annoying and I wish you luck.

Except I get it for the humans too sadly enough.

Are you sying you cannot read the writing as it scrolls too fast across the screen? Or are you unable to see any writing as it is flashing past until a pause for player input? The latter is a memory bug, and is random; it can be fixed by restarting from the position you are in (you can comfortably save whilst it is happenning, assuming you don't want to read the bits that have only just flown by.)

If your problem is the former, i.e. your reading skills are not sufficient to keep up, I don't think there is much you can do -- there might be an .ini file parameter to change, but I don't know it. (I doubt this is your problem, because you could always close your eyes and just listen: audible memory lasts for about 6-8 secs, as opposed to visual memory of a fractions of a second.)

HTH :devil:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

(I doubt this is your problem, because you could always close your eyes and just listen: audible memory lasts for about 6-8 secs, as opposed to visual memory of a fractions of a second.)

Unfortunately, that is the problem. I should have been a bit more specific. Races such as the Ithorians don't speak english, so listening won't do me any good. There are a few bits of dialog in which their spoken gibberish ends short of the time it takes me to read whatever it is they're saying.

I may be a lazy reader, but even when I try to focus on what they're saying I can't get it all in before it moves on to the next statement. I suppose I could look back at the log for the missing bits of information, but I don't like making choices without full knowledge of what I'm being asked to do.

I have the exact same problem. Especially with the ithorians. Sometimes I can keep up but most ot the time it goes by just too fast. I used to consider myself a fast reader till I played this game. Never had a problem with the first game. Infact I always finished reading it before it would ever go to the next screen of text. Unfortuantly this is not the case with #2. Maybe most people here who play it don't even bother to try to read it all and care not that they miss a little part of the story. As for me, I cant stand to miss even the littlest bit. As for going back and checking my log, it only shows the last sentence the creature spoke. This is not acceptable.