PC Snobs

Foamhead

I have been on the net for about ten years and one things that I have noticed, especially over the last few years is the amount of computer snobs out there. They constantly bash consoles and yell "PC's are superior because _______".

I honestly ask, what the hell is the difference if a game is on a console or a PC? I know some will say the graphics are much better, and this is true if you can afford to buy the latest 800$ video cards all the time. However most of us are not trust fund babies and can't do this. I have the distinct feeling that the "consolze R fer losers" crowd really just want to feel good about their 2000 dollar investment and their elitist attitude has little to nothing to do with the games.

I think the whole PC = superior thing is because of two things. RPGs on PC have a lot more depth, and controls for FPS are MUCH better on PC. Thats it, thats all, theres nothing else when it comes to games thats better for PC than for console.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think the whole PC = superior thing is because of two things. RPGs on PC have a lot more depth, and controls for FPS are MUCH better on PC. Thats it, thats all, theres nothing else when it comes to games thats better for PC than for console.

That may have possibly been the case 5-10 years ago. But RPG wise the PC has nothing to recomend it in recent history.

Can't really deny the FPS thing, although as someone who pretty much grew up with mouse keyboard as I'm sure most of us did it's something that very ingrained into my being. People who have never played PC FPS games seem much more skilled when it comes to console controls, probably because that is what they are used to.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Pcs are superior because I can do alot more with pc than I can do with a console. In a gaming perspective I like pc more because of the mouse and keyboard, but that most likely because of what ShadowPaladin already said.

Does it matter really?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

It doesn't. I can game on any platform I like and not feel more stupid or elitist because of that.

Edit: And, "foamhead"?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well even with a 100$ card, graphics on PC is much better than on a childish console... so maybe you should know the problem before posting something stupid, like now.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Because PC pwns consoles in every single way. Except maybe in the way that the consoles companies rob us of good games by making them console exclusive.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The whole console vs. pc flame war is simply tiresome. There are as many bigots on one side as there are on the other, and it makes no sense. I don't game on pc because I feel it's superior so much as it's what I'm comfortable using, being an old-skool gamer from the dayz when there were no consoles. I own a console, and there is a certain amount of charm in popping in a CD and not having to worry if the last video driver upgrade (or service pack) hosed my chances of ever playing that game again. I very much enjoy some of the stories in those games.

What people seem to miss is that these platforms have grown into as much a money pit as the next video card/processor upgrade. They're enhancing the systems with hard drives and video processors, just like a pc--so console folks won't be able to play the new games without sinking money into the latest and greatest hardware, either. Not only that, but there are several very different platforms, which limit the games you can play no matter which one you choose. Look at it like that, and you're talking just as much money if you really want 'game'... (BTW, has anyone ever calculated the MTBF of a PS2 controller? They last about a week and then go crazy).

Consoles are big bucks, especially right now with the two giants sitting back with their palms out. They love the division they created between gamers. The hardware manufacturers practically own the gaming industry, the games themselves having become only a pawn. How backward is that? If it doesn't make you feel used, it should. We love playing games, not buying hardware; and latest-and-greatest graphics do not equal a good game. Without quality programming and writing, all anyone has is a dust catcher. That's the message we all need to send.

There is no age limit for games. You think it makes you more childish to play on a console? That's just ridiculous. I bought my first console at 25 and my brother at 30. It's the game you play that make it childish. Of course if you're talking about Nintendo that's different, they only have childish games. :p

There is no age limit for games. You think it makes you more childish to play on a console? That's just ridiculous. I bought my first console at 25 and my brother at 30. It's the game you play that make it childish. Of course if you're talking about Nintendo that's different, they only have childish games. :p

Just because you get to kill people in a game doesn't make it any more mature. If you ask me, gun-based violence and stealing cars is a whole lot more childish and immature than a platform or adventure game.

It's games like GTA and Quake that are childish, not Mario or Zelda. <_<

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Like I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Just because you get to kill people in a game doesn't make it any more mature. If you ask me, gun-based violence and stealing cars is a whole lot more childish and immature than a platform or adventure game.

It's games like GTA and Quake that are childish, not Mario or Zelda. <_<

I thought the :- was rather evident.

PC gamers are known for the immaturity, and thier arrogant overrtaing of their selfworth. They are pathetic creatures who need to be patted on the head and told they are ok even if they are losers. This thread proves this fact beyond all reasonable doubt. Not to mention, PC gamers tend to lie when discussing PC vs. console strengths and weaknesses. This is also proven factual by this very thread.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

PC gamers are known for the immaturity, and thier arrogant overrtaing of their selfworth. They are pathetic creatures who need to be patted on the head and told they are ok even if they are losers. This thread proves this fact beyond all reasonable doubt. Not to mention, PC gamers tend to lie when discussing PC vs. console strengths and weaknesses. This is also proven factual by this very thread.

Only Nurb

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

PC gamers are known for the immaturity, and thier arrogant overrtaing of their selfworth. They are pathetic creatures who need to be patted on the head and told they are ok even if they are losers.

Unfortunately, while that is true, if you replace 'PC' with 'Console' you'll get a valid description as well. I've seen enough fanboy rants and rabid assaults on both sides to last me a lifetime. Console fanboys seem to be more rabid, though PC gamers seem to carry that distinct 'holier than thou' halo.

If we disregard Volourn's useless and fact-less stupidity and actually check out some research behind this, you'll quickly find out just WHY console games often are simpler and aimed at a younger audience.

For Computer Gamers...

* 35 percent of most frequent game players are under eighteen years old.

* 26 percent of most frequent game players are between 18 and 35 years old.

* 39 percent of most frequent game players are over 35 years old.

For Console Gamers...

* 46 percent of most frequent game players are under eighteen years old.

* 35 percent of most frequent game players are between 18 and 35 years old.

* 20 percent of most frequent game players are over 35 years old.

Source: http://www.theesa.com/facts/gamer_data.php

Also, by having a keyboard as default, you're never starved for control options, as is the case with console controllers and their limited amount of buttons.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

i have played games on both PC and Xbox (the best console at the mo) and i find both thoroughly enjoyable.

xbox is good for action, FPS, RPG and racing games (though i loathe them)

PC is good for RTS, FPS, RPG and action games although keyboard and mouse are just too clunky compared to the fluidity of a controller pad.

so really they are both good in their own special ways, and i dont see how PC owners can bash consoles when they dont own one.

hopefully a mod will come by and lock this soon because their will almost definitely be some flaming in the next few pages.

why exactly are you hoping a mod will come by and lock this bad dog up when a flame war is exactly what you were trying to incite?

IT DOESNT MATTER WHY YOU ASKED!!!!

So you say you enjoy playing console huh, well I'd like to reasure you becuase that is what its all about after all.