Class structure

Which class structure would you like to see in kotor3?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which class structure would you like to see in kotor3?

• Kotor1 style (solider, scout.... - guardian, consular...)
    • Kotor2 style (guardian,..... - weaposn master, watchman....)
    • Movies style (padawan, jedi knight, jedi master) *read note

*note

I guess you know how things stand in Kotor1&2 so ill speculate on the movie version.....

I think they should make classes like in the movies as to give us some consistency... i would like to see the jedi order as it was in E1&2 so that i may say "darn they are gone after 4000 years..." after watching E3.... In kotor3 image of the jedi council and he "eternal" order should be upheld.... besides, if they get whiped out on such a regular bassis than Vader really didnt do anything special, eh :)

The guadian/cosular ideas could still be preserved on the beggining as to give some diversity but main classes should be padawan, knight, master IMHO.... so you would choose consular "school/path/style" but you would progress thru same main classes.... except you would get different abbilities as a knight concentrating on combat(guardian school) as the knight concentrating on the use of force(consular school).... well school is a really bad word.... you would choose to concentrate on combat/force/balance... THUS YOU GET BOTH DIVERSITY IN PLAYING STYLE AND MOVIE CONSISTENCY.

And student principle would work great here.... lets say padawan until level9 and you have a master untill then..... after that new/more powerfull force powers become available to you (like tier2)..... and when you reach level 15 you become master with even better powers(tier3) and a choice to take 1(one) padawan..... and better to have only 2 npcs able to do that and be more in depth than all of them superficiously like in kotor2

Oh, as for the master debate.... i refuse to believe that puppy jedi like Atton and Handmaiden are the sole begginers of the order that gave us Yoda Obi1 and Mace.... :( Besides tradition, old wisdome and consistance areway ql im my book.... i dunno why some want to make a fresh start and thus degrade the jedi order.... :-

im pretty sure there are other threads like this around here somewhere....

but anyway, in my opinion, the padawan, knight, master thing would be pretty kool. the whole turning atton, mira, mical, brianna, bao-dur into jedi was kinda absurd in my opinion. isnt jedi training supposed to take years and years to master?! (revan managed it in weeks in kotor1, but he was only remembering it, not learning it for the first time!!)

it'd be pretty kool if you had a different master depending on which "school" you were going for. and actually learning force/saber forms would be cool (instead of looking at it for like two seconds and knowing exactly how to use it)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

NO MORE turnig companions into Jedi... I liked how in K1 Jedi would join you... i think thats better than training and then *poof* he/she is a jedi..NONONO..

No seriously the next KOTOR shouldnt have this option of training jedi... I hope in ur travels u actually meet jedi, learn from them, fight beside you.... BRING BACK JOLEE!!! Hez the best character from KOTOR to have as ur companion!!

The movies style sounds interesting. Instead of having 10 small Jedi, all trained in one day, you could have one or two. With them you could interact a little more then with the rest, learn them things etc...

^_^

Personally, I don't mind the class structure they chose for KOTORII. I just wish they hadn't named two of the prestige classes after ranks from the movies.

Yep, that was a mistake (too limiting). Also there are far too few classes, meaning the game play is limited to the fighter sub-classes of the equivalent D&D..

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The problem I have with not having everyone potentially become a jedi is that I would never use them. If you noticed, it was almost imperritive that you had them all jedi, when you split up, remember? Other wise that part would never have gone too well.

I personally don't like the whole Guardian, senital and consular kind of thing. Granted they are wizard and coast roleplaying classes but in the movies from what I see every jedi is good at lightsabers and force powers. It just depends on what LS techinque they master and their micholordians but I am hopeing too much.

I rather see more choice in K3 like being able to pick soldier as your starting class and your prestigse class being an officer

I like the Padawan/Knight/Master idea. You could still have a choice of consular, guardian, or sentinal at the begining, but I think that the level requirements for rank advancement should be a little different. Let's say that the level cap is 50 like in K2, and let's also assume that you can actually reach level 50 with relative ease before the end of the game (long game huh?). I think Padawan with a Jedi master until level 15, then Knight with a Jedi partner until level 30, then at level 30 you become a master and can either take on a Padawan from an acadamy and train them, or keep your current Jedi partner. And of couse, you would still have your usual party setup, except none would be Jedi, all would be soldiers, scouts, or scoundrels. The player could start in a Jedi acadamy as a new Padawan who has just finished basic Jedi training.

I also am toying with the idea of the Jedi master/partner/Padawan not being controlable by the player, just follow the player around and offer advice, words of wisdom, and help in fights, like Jolee did in K1. Either that, or the Jedi Master/partner/Padawan being the only Jedi Party member that the player gets, and that party member has to be with the player at all times untill the story progresses to a point where the player and their Jedi ally part ways.

Ehh... Anyhow, I hope you all understand what I'm saying. I'm putting this in the suggestions for K3 thread as well.

I rather like the concept. I haven't thought about it too much depth-wise (like do you "ditch" your master), but I'd rather have deeper character development versus POOF, you're a Jedi. Maybe if the convertable party members were a bit like Bastila finding Revan Taris (yes, yes, I know....) where you get someone on your party who is not a Jedi, but displays Jedi talent, as opposed to getting Atton who becomes a Jedi without any talent except getting into trouble.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I think the main character in the next one should be totally different. I think your whole purpose should be to TRAIN a new Jedi (or Sith) for some great purpose. And then perhaps at some point you take over that character you have trained for whatever reason. I think that would be some neat variety. But only if you had real choices in how to train them, unlike some of the parts of this game where it only gives you one conversation option. And if you train them poorly, they could turn on you.

I think your whole purpose should be to TRAIN a new Jedi (or Sith) for some great purpose.

I hope when you say great purpose you're not talking about some epic journey to take on the True Sith or any of that BS I just didn't get.

(Good concept though, but if they turn on you, who do you play if you take over them)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)