Do you ever feel guilty?

Uuuh, Zerofantasy... those are the most crappy stats I've ever seen.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

i never have problems playing a ds character (i cracked up laughing in kotor1 when i made big z kill mission), but generally i prefer ls characters.

i suppose its partly because of you team members too.... only ds party member i kinda liked was hk47

in my current game in kotor1 i am ds soldier/consular and i have to say, I LOVE MISSION VAO!! i dont even need to bother with any other characters when i have her around. attack round usually goes: i use kill/insanity, mission annihilates everyone with her dual pistols (cassus fetts, and heavy mandalorian) and sneak attack (plus her dexterity is around 30 or so... so she NEVER misses :D)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I always get kinda philosophical when this topic comes up.

Yes, it's just a game and most of us have no problem committing video game fantasy violence against characters in a video game, but I wonder how many of you "it's fun being evil' folks would be willing to rape in a video game? Or rape or kill children? Suddenly, that "it's just a game" excuse doesn't hold up, does it? And why not?

In other words, you do draw a line somewhere (at least, I hope you do) and "it's just a game" isn't a very good excuse.

I always get kinda philosophical when this topic comes up.

Yes, it's just a game and most of us have no problem committing video game fantasy violence against characters in a video game, but I wonder how many of you "it's fun being evil' folks would be willing to rape in a video game? Or rape or kill children? Suddenly, that "it's just a game" excuse doesn't hold up, does it? And why not?

In other words, you do draw a line somewhere (at least, I hope you do) and "it's just a game" isn't a very good excuse.

Yes it does hold up. If you want to play that sort of game, then I think it's better you explore such urges in virtual space rather than in RL.

Personally, I wouldn't be raping and torturing children, under normal gaming conditions. If the Role Play required it as something integral to the plot, I would assess it on merit, on a case by case basis.

If it was just for sensationalism to sell the game, and was no more integral to the plot than whether the sky was blue or cloudy, then I would not be interested. Not because it would "morally scar" me, just because it would be tedious.

Because it is just a game.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 weeks later...

I played K1 as LS but then decided to reload and play it from the temple a Darkside.. I felt so increadibly ****ty about it afterwards that I had to replay it as LS again to ease my mind. Why did Mission have to die?! Why?!! :'(

Im tryig to replay K2 now as darkside and its difficult, not because I feel guilty but because you're not really evil, you're more of an a s s h o l e .

Arent villains allowed to be clever and sophisticated in their evil? Does it always have to be "Me strong, me says I kills you and take money" ? Its so bloody stupid.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

personally because i don't have a real life i did feel bad about being a complete j a c k a s s in kotor 2 but at least in one the difference really seems to do somthing

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Occasionally, yes...in a kind of generalistic, sympathetic way, like how one can feel bad for a noble character in a movie who's getting the shaft from an evil land baron, say.

But on any kind of serious level...no.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Im tryig to replay K2 now as darkside and its difficult, not because I feel guilty but because you're not really evil, you're more of an  a s s h o l e .

Arent villains allowed to be clever and sophisticated in their evil? Does it always have to be "Me strong, me says I kills you and take money" ? Its so bloody stupid.

Word.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Im tryig to replay K2 now as darkside and its difficult, not because I feel guilty but because you're not really evil, you're more of an  a s s h o l e .

Kotor 2 was inconsistent - it did have some sophisticated evil moments, like breaking Hanharr's will, but a lot of thuggery as well, and not always a choice. It's a lot of work for the writers to ensure that every encounter has a lawful evil and chaotic evil path. But isn't this a criticism of every CRPG except Planescape: Torment , which was criticised for having too much dialogue?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

the only really sophistocated sith lord/enemy in Kotor2 was Kreia... and that was because she actually tried to do somthing other than smash kill demolish ugh.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think the notion of dark jedi and sith as bullying thugs goes completely against what they are supposed to be in Star Wars. I mean in the usual "you see two exchange members bully a poor rodian", a Sith would just ignore those insignificant vermin but the evil option is instead to always side with the bullies.

I donmt know what Bio and Obsidian were thinking when they laid out the dialouge options for the KoTOR series. Perhaps Obsidian blew all their evil writing material on Kreiah so the writers were too tired to come up with anything else than this nonsense.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Back on topic: No, I don't feel guilty about playing dark side. It's just a game! But it gets kinda old stealing candy from kids, as it were, so I actually find light side more fun. The only time in KotOR2 where I actually felt bad about myself was when I sacrificed Visas. That hurt. That hurt bad. :D But in KotOR1 I remember how much I enjoyed my evilness when Force persuading Zaalbar to kill Mission. It kind of proved how far my man had fell. :o

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

They're writing the game primarily for LS. For each plot device, quest or event, they decide what the LS response will be, and the develop an opposite response for the DS players. They aren't looking at designing the game for a DS path to begin with.