Lamer force powers

Some of the force powers, such as

1.Force body

2.Inspire Followers

3.Force Sight

4.Force Breech

5.Throw Lightsaber

6.Revitalize

I could not find a use for these powers, and I beat the game just fine. If you think differently, or have other powers that you think were useless: just let me know.

1.Force body

2.Inspire Followers

3.Force Sight

4.Force Breech

5.Throw Lightsaber

6.Revitalize

I could not find a use for these powers, and I beat the game just fine. If you think differently, or have other powers that you think were useless: just let me know.

of the ones you mentioned, Throw Lightsaber is the most effective. The second-level feat Advanced Throw Lightsaber is actually very effective.

sometimes, I try to avoid taking Force Storm for role-playing reasons. Advanced Throw Lightsaber is, essentially, the LS equivalent. Maybe not quite as effective but effective nonetheless.

I only used throw lightsaber to fight off Kreia's floating minions. I ran around the core in circles, only stopping to throw my saber and run again. It's no noble way to fight, but it gets the job done. :)"

sig2.gif

I only used throw lightsaber to fight off Kreia's floating minions.  I ran around the core in circles, only stopping to throw my saber and run again.  It's no noble way to fight, but it gets the job done. :)"

lol exactly. My very fist game of KOTOR 1 - the worst character ever. The noble fight would have never done the job :) So hello throw lightsaber! :)

1.Force body

2.Inspire Followers

3.Force Sight

4.Force Breech

5.Throw Lightsaber

6.Revitalize

I've never had Force, and for KotOR II I fully agree with you on Force Breech, but the other four powers I do find have their uses, mainly on the harder difficulties when every edge you can get is necessary.

1. Force Body is useful mainly on hard difficulty when you have a Guardian-type character fighting an enemy that has a high enough dexterity to make your life miserable, but have low Wisdom. Force Body allows a Guardian to use the same impunity a Consular would use with offensive force powers. What's more, the highest tier of Force Body allows you to reduce the cost of high force powers to 60% (30% and 30%), so that you can use opposite side powers at a relatively low cost (roughly what they would cost without the Light/Dark adjustment).

2. Inspire Followers is useful to exactly to those it is given: Jedi Masters. Because of their usual reliance on the force rather than physical combat, they need to support their party members. And suppose that you need a technically strong character such as Bao Dur or T3-M4. Yet to replace a combat character such as Mandalore with a weaker tech character means that you essentially reduced your physical firepower by 50%. Inspire Followers allows tech characters to temporarily become stronger, and at least fill the role of a mediocre combat character. While this edge may not seem very large, when considering the number of attacks your party produces, and when your opponents are hard hitting on the hard difficulty, any advantage is necessary.

5. Throw Lightsaber is useful for a character that has really bad Dexterity, or if that character wears heavy armor that produces a Dexterity bonus of 0. In both cases, it makes blasters nearly useless, leaving you incapable of using ranged attacks. While this is fine for a primarily melee oriented character who is supposed to go in using the full advantage of the Strength bonus, there are ways of disabling a melee fighter, namely a cryoban or adhesive grenade. While you can't do much to stop a cryoban grenade from stopping your character right where he or she stands, adhesive grenades leave you capable of attacking. Use this advantage with Throw Lightsaber. In addition, Throw Lightsaber plays a highly strategic role for characters that have high Constitutions or Dexterity. That character can be used as a distraction for melee enemies to attack. Ranged characters can now attack the distracted enemies who are currently focusing their attention on a character that is either hard to kill or hard to hit. Now assume that these are relatively weak attackers, but a much larger, heavier hitter shows up. Rather than redirect attention of the ranged characters, the decoy can simply use Throw Lightsaber to also occupy the heavier hitter, and potentially do a lot of damage.

6. Revitalize follows the same logic as Inspire Followers, as it is mainly obtained by Consulars who have force powers to spare. Assuming that the party is composed of two attackers and a support character, the support character relies on the two attackers for defense and offense, while the supporter makes the attackers' job easier. If an attacker goes down, that means there will be a 100% increase of attacks on the remaining attacker, and a 50% drop in offensive/defensive power. Unless the attacker that just went down was Atton, Revitalize restores the battle field back to normal. Higher tiers of Revitalize also mean that an attacker will be able to go longer in battle without having to rely on the support character for emergency relief.

Howver, on flipside, I would also add the power of Drain Force to relatively non-useful skills. While it does have strong theoretical usages against Jedi, KotOR II sees few Jedi or Sith that use their powers, and other exploitations are possible to attack them that require less complicated strategies. Drain Force, in theory, could leave an enemy without any force points, a huge risk for force-oriented characters such as Sith Lords or Jedi Masters. However, because of the lack of force-wielding enemies, Drain Force is not a wise investment, regardless of the difficulty. Even the Jedi Masters have a much to large pool to be drained easily, and in the mean time they probably have been very busy with their lightsabers in defeating your character.

1.Force body

2.Inspire Followers

3.Force Sight

4.Force Breech

5.Throw Lightsaber

6.Revitalize

I've never had Force, and for KotOR II I fully agree with you on Force Breech, but the other four powers I do find have their uses, mainly on the harder difficulties when every edge you can get is necessary.

I agree with you that there are some positive sides to those powers, but today I feel I've to play the devil's advocate, so here we go :lol:

1. Force Body is useful mainly on hard difficulty when you have a Guardian-type character fighting an enemy that has a high enough dexterity to make your life miserable, but have low Wisdom. Force Body allows a Guardian to use the same impunity a Consular would use with offensive force powers. What's more, the highest tier of Force Body allows you to reduce the cost of high force powers to 60% (30% and 30%), so that you can use opposite side powers at a relatively low cost (roughly what they would cost without the Light/Dark adjustment).

Although I've never used it, from its description I understand that it takes away your vitality points when using a force power. With other words: it makes you weaker! Against difficult enemies this is a no-no and against easy enemies you don't need it. Since Guardian-type characters probebly lack the WIS and CHA modifiers to use offensive forces anyway, this power seems utterly useless.

2. Inspire Followers is useful to exactly to those it is given: Jedi Masters. Because of their usual reliance on the force rather than physical combat, they need to support their party members. And suppose that you need a technically strong character such as Bao Dur or T3-M4. Yet to replace a combat character such as Mandalore with a weaker tech character means that you essentially reduced your physical firepower by 50%. Inspire Followers allows tech characters to temporarily become stronger, and at least fill the role of a mediocre combat character. While this edge may not seem very large, when considering the number of attacks your party produces, and when your opponents are hard hitting on the hard difficulty, any advantage is necessary.

I usually finish the game around level 27, so that gives me Inspire Followers III at the end game, where I still have a party. So for 45 seconds I can give them a +3 to attack, damage and will save. Why not use Master Battle Meditation, which is already available for a level 18 character? It gives +4 to attack, damage and will save and has a chance to demoralize the enemy. Its only downside is the short duration of only 20 seconds.

5. Throw Lightsaber is useful for a character that has really bad Dexterity, or if that character wears heavy armor that produces a Dexterity bonus of 0. In both cases, it makes blasters nearly useless, leaving you incapable of using ranged attacks. While this is fine for a primarily melee oriented character who is supposed to go in using the full advantage of the Strength bonus, there are ways of disabling a melee fighter, namely a cryoban or adhesive grenade. While you can't do much to stop a cryoban grenade from stopping your character right where he or she stands, adhesive grenades leave you capable of attacking. Use this advantage with Throw Lightsaber. In addition, Throw Lightsaber plays a highly strategic role for characters that have high Constitutions or Dexterity. That character can be used as a distraction for melee enemies to attack. Ranged characters can now attack the distracted enemies who are currently focusing their attention on a character that is either hard to kill or hard to hit. Now assume that these are relatively weak attackers, but a much larger, heavier hitter shows up. Rather than redirect attention of the ranged characters, the decoy can simply use Throw Lightsaber to also occupy the heavier hitter, and potentially do a lot of damage.

First of all, wearing heavy armor reduces the DEX modifier for defense purposes only. It doesn't affect your attack rolls. That's why it makes sense to give Canderous a high DEX, if you build him as a ranged fighter. Secondly, throwing your lightsaber makes you vulnerable for blaster bolts: you can't deflect them anymore, unless you've invested in Force Deflection/Redirection. And finally, look at the damage it does: 1d6 per two levels of the character! That's comparable to Force Wave. A level 20 character does 10d6 (average 35) when throwing and 30 damage with Force Wave. FW hits everything around you withing 15 meters, ATL hits only 3 enemies, if the first is at least 5 meters away. The only advantage I see in ATL is that it always hits

6. Revitalize follows the same logic as Inspire Followers, as it is mainly obtained by Consulars who have force powers to spare. Assuming that the party is composed of two attackers and a support character, the support character relies on the two attackers for defense and offense, while the supporter makes the attackers' job easier. If an attacker goes down, that means there will be a 100% increase of attacks on the remaining attacker, and a 50% drop in offensive/defensive power. Unless the attacker that just went down was Atton, Revitalize restores the battle field back to normal. Higher tiers of Revitalize also mean that an attacker will be able to go longer in battle without having to rely on the support character for emergency relief.

Why not use Master Heal to prevent them falling in the first place? If one of your party members falls so quickly that you have no time to heal him/her, then revitalizing/healing wont probably help much.

Other useless powers (in my opinion):

Beast Trick (why not use stun/stasis?)

Mind Trick (doesn't this also works on beasts?)

Advance throw ligthsaber is the LS equivanlent of force storm.

You must truely be mad

What does Force Storm do?

ANSWER: does damage to multiple opponents.

What does Advanced Throw Lightsaber do?

ANSWER: does damage to multiple opponents.

again, it may not be quite as effective but it is effective and accomplishes much the same thing. and, for those really into to roleplay, makes alot more sense on LS.

The force powers mentioned are all quite useful. I would suggest practising with a character and giving this PC these powers and watching what happens in battle when using them. (Look at the combat log to see the actual dice rolls and bonuses added, etc.)

The most useless Force Powers are: Beast Trick and Force Breathing. Beast Trick is only meant ot be used when you are storming the Palace on Onderon. The Force Breathing is only used in the Jek Jek Tarr. Of the two, probably Beast Trick is the absolute most pointless, because the targeted creature is only in stasis for a short time and then has to be killed anyway. Force Breathing doesn't work anywhere else (even though a blue bubble surrounds the PC when invoking elsewhere).

Buggy, lazy or stupid idea -- who knows?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I only used throw lightsaber to fight off Kreia's floating minions.  I ran around the core in circles, only stopping to throw my saber and run again.  It's no noble way to fight, but it gets the job done. ;)"

lol exactly. My very fist game of KOTOR 1 - the worst character ever. The noble fight would have never done the job :) So hello throw lightsaber! :)

Heh, repeated spamming of force wave was my tactic in KotOR 1, I also had the worst character then too.

I think he was level 16 facing Malak (or somewhere nearby) :p

You forgot to mention some lame force powers:

1) Breath Control: Noticed that if you wear a Gas mask or Bio Antidote system implant you will be able to fight no problem in Jekk Jekk tarr. And it doesn't work in the Royal Palace.

2) Beast Trick: It's almost the same as Mind trick, if you could upgrade it with Beast confusion or something, or could ride a beast (like Anakin in AOTC) it would be a good power. Here it is just a lame force power.

Force Body is only there if you want to perform the Hssiss Trick, otherwise avoid it at all costs.

Force Sight is fun for a few times. I use it quiet often in the academy on Malachor V, check if any bad guys are there, on the ravager. An it's good to see the alignment of everybody.

Revitalize is good if you are in difficult situations on level hard in the early stages. I used the power quiet a few times on Telos and during the Red eclipse attack on Nar Shaddaa.

What is really causing me a headache is that after I reach say level 25 I really have to pick a power since I always think by that time I have enough powers.

Master Vandar lives!

Force Breathing doesn't work anywhere else (even though a blue bubble surrounds the PC when invoking elsewhere).

It does work on Malachor V (PC version, patched).

Well, I'll check when the team have finished their content patch. Until then I've uninstalled the game. :wub:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT