What game music do you like?

I can't remeber TLJ stuff anymore it's been years since I played it.

Did anyone else find the original 'Diablo' music perfect for setting the mood in that game?

http://www.gamespot.com/features/tenspot_m...iablo_intro.mp3

http://www.gamespot.com/features/tenspot_m...blo_village.mp3

http://www.gamespot.com/features/tenspot_m...diablo_hell.mp3

FF is just sooo moody, I love it. Unfortunately it is MIDI though :)

http://www.nvkz.kuzbass.net/fantasy/Music/Music.htm

In particular I liked: (w00t)

http://www.nvkz.kuzbass.net/fantasy/Music/...The_Landing.mid

exciting :D

http://www.nvkz.kuzbass.net/fantasy/Music/1/17-Tell_Me.mid

I just like it :cool:

http://www.nvkz.kuzbass.net/fantasy/Music/...The_Mission.mid

Fun :D

http://www.nvkz.kuzbass.net/fantasy/Music/3/15-Trust_Me.mid

Cute (w00t) :">

http://www.nvkz.kuzbass.net/fantasy/Music/3/10-The_Oath.mid

Dramatic stuff :blink:

Personal favourites:

1. Planescape: Torment
  2. Fallout (1&2)
  3. VMBL

Honourable mention:

1. Icewind Dale
  2. BG2
  3. Defender of the Crown

:blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Eric Brosius does a wonderful work in Thief 1, Thief 3, The Swat Games and some of Irrational's games.

Also, Mark Morgan has managed to do something in Torment which all other roleplaying games have failed in: He made epic music which is actually de-cheesy. Stunning, moving pieces, with original instruments.

Then there's The Longest Journey, Arcanum, Mafia, the Legacy of Kain Series. And Cannon Fodder :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

One that isn`t mentioned here is the fabulous Soundtrack of "Knights of the temple " by Gustav Grefberg.

It really has a Zimmer-esque Flair to it and one can almost imagine the spiritual crusade of a lonely knight longing for Revenge in the name of God.

You can download the whole OST here :

http://www.knightsofthetemple.com/sounds.php

It is in ogg.-Format but it really is worth it (my favourite one is "I see the light" with the breathing in the beginning)

As a Dungeon Master it has gotten itself a firm place under the top 3 Scores for my P&P-AD&D-Campaign.

I really advise you to dl this jewel.

L.

the music from the old nes classic castlevania is actually very good, probably my alltime fovourite.

And the music from forbidden forest to the c64.....

For something more recent I would say bloodlines, very atmospheric , especially in downtown.

the worst ever must be the strings from arcanum, many people seemed to like'em , but I sure didn't.

For something more recent I would say bloodlines, very atmospheric , especially in downtown.

Ahh... damn. How could I forget Bloodlines. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I liked the music from American McGee's Alice. (okay, so the game ain't exactly new, but I still like the music)

By Chris Vrenna aka Tweaker! Very good indeed.

Damn straight! In fact, it's the soundtrack that got me playing the game to begin with (when I started my current job, among the stacks of CDs in my office I found the Alice soundtrack... then bought the game because I liked the soundtrack so much.)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I liked the music from American McGee's Alice. (okay, so the game ain't exactly new, but I still like the music)

By Chris Vrenna aka Tweaker! Very good indeed.

Damn straight! In fact, it's the soundtrack that got me playing the game to begin with (when I started my current job, among the stacks of CDs in my office I found the Alice soundtrack... then bought the game because I liked the soundtrack so much.)

I remember getting the "collector's edition" of Diablo 2. I loved the game, but I can't even account for all of the crap that came with it. Anyhow, I might have sent the soundtrack to my mother-in-law for Christmas. From that it must be clear that I don't like her much.

The soundtrack for America McGee's Alice is awesome. Actually, the entire package was awesome, graphics, music, story... it's a true classic.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I forgot a few: Journey to Silius's(NES) theme music rocked back then. Some of the levle muzaks were fine also. Outcast had a great soundtrack too, especially the desert city theme(Okasankaar?) and the frozen place where you end up at the start. Still more; Lost Vikings and Donkey Kong Country's(SNES) had some very memorable tunes. So did Final Fantasys from 6-8. Furthermore; the already mentioned KotT OST is wirth a listen. And Matt Uelmen just rocks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

And the music from forbidden forest to the c64.....

One of the best games ever, not at least thanks to the awesome music and the constant feeling of your impending death :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The soundtrack for America McGee's Alice is awesome.  Actually, the entire package was awesome, graphics, music, story... it's a true classic.

I guess time does heal all wounds.. I mean, don't you remember that we're talking about a FPS with severely underpowered weapons here? Great art design but not really a classic.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The soundtrack for America McGee's Alice is awesome.  Actually, the entire package was awesome, graphics, music, story... it's a true classic.

I guess time does heal all wounds.. I mean, don't you remember that we're talking about a FPS with severely underpowered weapons here? Great art design but not really a classic.

I loved it, weak weapons and all. It's a classic for me, at least. Anyhow, this is a music thread, and the music was quite well done, especially the level where Cat dies.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Also, Mark Morgan has managed to do something in Torment which all other roleplaying games have failed in: He made epic music which is actually de-cheesy. Stunning, moving pieces, with original instruments.

Mark Morgan's score for Torment was good, but can't compete with Brian Williams' original score for Planescape: Torment in terms of mood and atmosphere. Unfortunately Williams' score was, a few months before the release of the game, replaced by Mark Morgan's score. Don't get me wrong, I like the stuff Mark Morgan has written for Torment, but I thought that Brian Williams' stuff (the stuff I've heard) fitted the Planescape-setting a lot better.

Other than that, to get back to the original topic, I love the music in BG1, IWD and in Bard's Tale 1 and 2 (Amiga version only).

Mark Morgan's score for Torment was good, but can't compete with Brian Williams' original score for Planescape: Torment in terms of mood and atmosphere. Unfortunately Williams' score was, a few months before the release of the game, replaced by Mark Morgan's score. Don't get me wrong, I like the stuff Mark Morgan has written for Torment, but I thought that Brian Williams' stuff (the stuff I've heard) fitted the Planescape-setting a lot better.

Heh, no hard feelings. You wouldn't know where I could listen to the original score? Or is it possible?

kirottu said:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

I'm a big fan of Rome: Total War's soundtrack.

Fantastic stuff.

A couple of the lyrics (what few there are) are a bit cheesy or otherwise off, but overall it's great.