Greatest Lightsaber Duelist?

Tulak Hord is the greatest duelist ever.

Tulak Hord has zero feats, we haven't seen him and the only thing we know for sure is that he has a tomb on Korriban.

Kas'sim on the other hand, has feats.

Kas'im's strongest skill was his swordsmanship with the lightsaber. It was this trait that earned him the position of Blademaster at the Korriban Academy. He preferred the double-bladed lightsaber not out of versatility, which he himself stated the weapon lacked, but because of the unfamiliar nature it possessed against an opponent. In addition to these skills, Kas'im was a lethal practitioner of the dual-blade technique of Jar'Kai, a skill he kept secret and discouraged his students from delving into.

Kas'im was so proficient at lightsaber combat that he was considered amongst the Sith to be the greatest swordsman of his age, and possibly one of the greatest ever to have lived. His lightsaber was a unique construction like all lightsabers, but had a certain distinction

Edited by The Bubonic Force

I agree that Mace Windu is the greatest in the movies. Though Dooku is no slouch either.

Actually I think I was wrong, the only reason Mace Windu managed to beat Darth Sidious was due to him using the room to his advantage.

Both Yoda and Palpatine were superior to Mace Windu in lightsaber combat with their force augmented acrobatic lightsaber skills.. So naturally the first thing Mace Windu did when fighting Palpatine was to enter a narrow hallway where he could not be out maneuvered by in lightsaber combat. And then when they left the hallway Palpatine sure enough started out maneuvering Mace Windu by going air-born with acrobatic flips, so Mace forced him to the window, where he could not flip without falling out, and that's how he beat Palpatine.

So the greatest lightsaber was actually Kas'im.

And then when they left the hallway Palpatine sure enough started out maneuvering Mace Windu by going air-born with acrobatic flips, so Mace forced him to the window, where he could not flip without falling out, and that's how he beat Palpatine.
A-aah, yeah, but who lost at the end? It wasn't Palpatine. :thumbsup:

By the way, in pure fight Dooku wouldn't have lost to Anakin, but again it was Palpatine that got rid of his old and totally used apprentice and got a new one on the process. Clever, hmm.

General Grievous was probably the best

Jedi: (In order)

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan

4. Ahsoka Tano

5. Malak (Jedi)

6. Luke

7. Revan (Jedi)

8. Kit Fisto

9. Kyle Katarn

10. Anakin

Sith: (In order)

1. Tulak Hord

2. Malak (Sith)

3. Vader

4. Marka Ragnos

5. Sidious

6. Sion

7. Nihilus

8. Revan (Sith)

9. Kreia

10. Maul

Dark Jedi: (In order)

1. Desann

2. Silri

3. Alora

4. Tavion

5. Jerec

deicideLogo5.jpg

General Grievous was probably the best

2. Malak (Sith)

8. Revan (Sith)

3. Vader

I'll give you the GG, cause his hands were mechanical and all, but that wasn't really a skill, but a 'mechanical ability'.

Malak vs. Revan ... that's just no. Cause I kicked Malak under the table under two turns in every game.

Vader was a good fighter perhaps, but his kind of killer really didn't need the skill as much as his force... and force rage etc. dark force powers, and the mechanical enhancements, as in Vader would have died many time into wounds had he been just a dark force user and not had the armor to protect him from the saber hits.

Would Windu have beaten Grievous with his aggressive Vaapad? Doubtful.

The Council sent Obi-Wan specifically because he was the master of Soresu. His defenses were impenetrable.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

1. Desann

2. Silri

3. Alora

4. Tavion

5. Jerec

I think I forgot some Dark Jedi:

Aurra Sing

Galen Marek

Asajj Ventress

Zekk

Exar Kun

The list probably actually goes like this:

1. Asajj Ventress

2. Galen Marek

3. Silri

4. Exar Kun

5. Desann

6. Alora

7. Tavion

8. Zekk

9. Aurra Sing

10. Jerec

deicideLogo5.jpg

I believe that the greatest lightsaber duelist was either Kas'sim, or Mace Windu.

Umm... the Kasim I remember got his ass handed to him on a silver platter... After almost killing Bane...

Which brings me to my point... the best was Bane... no contest... he could break Windu...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

1. Asajj Ventress

2. Galen Marek

3. Silri

4. Exar Kun

5. Desann

6. Alora

7. Tavion

8. Zekk

9. Aurra Sing

10. Jerec

Err, Asajj Ventress above Galen Marek or Exar Kun?? Keep in mind that Exar Kun used to be Dark Lord of the Sith, & Marek defeated both Vader & Darth Sidious... Ventress was just a lowly apprentice.

Kreia notes that the Jedi and Sith before the time of KOTOR made the Jedi during KOTOR and the movies look like children playing with toys. Thats enough clues to who is the best. No one from the movies or games, but someone from a time we may never see.

Kreia notes that the Jedi and Sith before the time of KOTOR made the Jedi during KOTOR and the movies look like children playing with toys. Thats enough clues to who is the best. No one from the movies or games, but someone from a time we may never see.

And George Lucas says the opposite of that, so who cares about what Kreia has to say? :ermm:

Apart from that, how could Kreia talk about the characters from the movies, when those happened almost 4000 years after her death?

She was obviously talking about everyone until KOTOR, though I don't think that she was all that consistent in her comments. If Revan was like the heart of the force, how would the ancient Jedi and Sith be that far ahead of everyone?

History always tends to glorify people who are long gone. I'd say Kreia is kind of guilty of that as well.

1. Asajj Ventress

2. Galen Marek

3. Silri

4. Exar Kun

5. Desann

6. Alora

7. Tavion

8. Zekk

9. Aurra Sing

10. Jerec

Err, Asajj Ventress above Galen Marek or Exar Kun?? Keep in mind that Exar Kun used to be Dark Lord of the Sith, & Marek defeated both Vader & Darth Sidious... Ventress was just a lowly apprentice.

Then from your point of view, I'm guessing your seeing it like this:

1. Exar Kun

2. Galen Marek

3. Silri

4. Desann

5. Alora

6. Tavion

7. Zekk

8. Aurra Sing

9. Asajj Ventress

10. Jerec

or something like that.

deicideLogo5.jpg

"OBI Wan Gotten Lucky because Anakin made a mistake"

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

- Obi-Wan Kenobi</span>

Of course, he'd say that, being the lucky bastard that he is, wouldn't he?

I'm still waiting for the disk so I can frame by frame it and see how he pulled that move off.

Personally someone coming in at that angle I would have either sliced his head off or cut down through the torso. or even better force pushed him into the lava and saved myself the bother.

Heres an interesting thought. We all know that Obi lost on purpose in EPIV so Luke could escape (because no way would Luke leave him behind) so the question is do you think he could have killed Darth if not for the other circumstances?

I don't know, but i think i could duel better then the one in episode IV

The DarkSide Clouds Everything

As far as who would win in a lightsaber fight using force augmented powers, the list goes like this;

1. Galen Marek

2. Luke Skywalker (New Jedi Order Series)

3. Darth Bane

4. Yoda

5. Palpatine

6. Kas'im

6. Count Dooku

7. Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)

8. Darth Maul

9. Mace Windu

10. Obi-Wan

11. General Grevious

As far as who would win in a lightsaber fight without any use of the force what-so-ever (no force augmented lightsaber acrobatics, no force lightning, no force push, no force repulse, no force wave and not even jedi reflexes) the list goes like this;

1. General Greivous (Mechanical structure and ability to wield four lightsabers)

2. Kas'im (Dual Lightsabers and Skill)

3. Mace Windu (Strategic Abilities in a sword fight)

4. Darth Maul (Double-Balded Lightsaber)

5. Count Dooku (Skill and a high-tech lightsaber)

6. Darth Bane (Skill)

7. Anakin (ROTS)

8. Obi-Wan

9. Galen Marek

10. Palpatine (Advanced age)

11. Yoda (Inferior size and a tiny lightsaber with no ability to maneuver in combat)

I believe that the greatest lightsaber duelist was either Kas'sim, or Mace Windu.

Umm... the Kasim I remember got his ass handed to him on a silver platter... After almost killing Bane...

Which brings me to my point... the best was Bane... no contest... he could break Windu...

Darth Bane is the most powerful Sith Lord in Star Wars, but he isn't as good at lightsaber combat as Kas'im was, though he did own Kas'im in a lightsaber duel using the force.

Umm... the Kas'im I remember got his ass handed to him on a silver platter... After almost killing Bane...

Darth Bane is the most powerful Sith Lord in Star Wars, but he isn't as good at lightsaber combat as Kas'im was, though he did own Kas'im in a lightsaber duel using the force.

Don't know if anyone remembers what Kreia said when the exile was outside Tulak Hord's crypt.

"We are like children with toys in prowess compared to the old masters"

Should say a thing or two on how both the Sith and Jedi alike have fallen behind in lightsaber techniques, not sure if this would apply to post-KOTOR2-jedi and sith, but still. As for Darth Bane, did he not find a holocron of Darth Revan, teaching him secrets long forgotten? :)

Hence, Revan would most likely beat Bane ;) But then again. Revan was hardly a guy who'd go head-on into a combat situation without thinking about it thorougly, the guy was a genious - not a headbutter.

Edited by Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Don't know if anyone remembers what Kreia said when the exile was outside Tulak Hord's crypt.

"We are like children with toys in prowess compared to the old masters"

Should say a thing or two on how both the Sith and Jedi alike have fallen behind in lightsaber techniques, not sure if this would apply to post-KOTOR2-jedi and sith, but still. As for Darth Bane, did he not find a holocron of Darth Revan, teaching him secrets long forgotten? :)

Sith & Jedi may have fallen behind in lightsaber techniques, but maybe this was compensated by better training in the Force?

Best Lightsaberist all time would probably be General Grievous.

Correction, General Grevious would cut down any Jedi/Sith who doesn't have the force as his ally, no matter how skilled they are.

But this is only because he has four arms and mechanical wrists that can rotate in a full circle to no end. The most skilled lightsaber combatant without force augmented abilities was either Tulak Hord or Kas'im. But Galen Marek could beat any other lightsaber duelist in a fight.

Best Lightsaberist all time would probably be General Grievous.

But this is only because he has four arms and mechanical wrists that can rotate in a full circle to no end. The most skilled lightsaber combatant without force augmented abilities was either Tulak Hord or Kas'im. But Galen Marek could beat any other lightsaber duelist in a fight.

Don't all force styles one way or another rely on force augmented abilities?