Greatest Lightsaber Duelist?

I would much like to see Ancient Sith vs Modern Jedi... but that will nevr happen

yes that's really the issue, and by lightsaber I include swords in that, because as far as I know lightabers weren't invented yet in the time of the ancient Sith empire.

I really don't like yodas dueling style, it's all acrobatics, reminds me of Darth Maul using martial arts instead of lightsaber skill to defeat his opponents. But being a small green fella with very short arms he probably doesn't have a choice.

By the way that fight between Palpitine and Mace had to be the best in the movie, short and brutal...

No contest Exar Kun, with maybe Darth Maul coming behind.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Bleh, EU.

Well, I'll base this answer on the movies.

I go with Obi-Wan.

That duel with Anakin was amazing and probably the best in the entire series (ep.1-6). They way he fought and the choice he made...

It really let me see the importance of Obi-Wan... He wasn't just another master like all the other movies lead me to believe.

Offtopic a bit... I know the dueling is a bit faster in the new trilogy. But, It does make sense when you think about it. For duelist in the old trilogy.... You have an aging old Jedi Master, A cyborg which is on permenant life support, and a half baked Jedi Knight.

:-P

Offtopic a bit... I know the dueling is a bit faster in the new trilogy.  But, It does make sense when you think about it.  For duelist in the old trilogy.... You have an aging old Jedi Master,  A cyborg which is on permenant life support, and a half baked Jedi Knight. 

...and a total lack of CGI. :-"

manthing2.jpg

Offtopic a bit... I know the dueling is a bit faster in the new trilogy.  But, It does make sense when you think about it.  For duelist in the old trilogy.... You have an aging old Jedi Master,  A cyborg which is on permenant life support, and a half baked Jedi Knight. 

...and a total lack of CGI. :-"

Well that too maybe.... But have you seen those old Samurai movies? They rock! If you just added a glow effect...

Tulak Hord!

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Me either.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I really liked the duel between Palpatine and Windu, they seemed to be with in each other's reach the whole time, and the block and parley thing really worked. As for the greatest duelist, I'd probaly say that Obi Wan was probaly the greatest defensive duelest ever, which you do have a natural advantage if you're not extendending yourself to attack, and Anakin would seem to be the best offensive saberist, but its hard to say, maybe one day we'll see how he was supposively able to hunt down the rest of the Jedi. I would think that Windu was more balanced, but very much more offensive, where as Yoda was balanced as well, but much more defensive

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Tulak Hord was most likley the best Duelist ever. Not much is none about him, except for that fact and that he was the Sith Lord before Revan I believe. It is possible that Tulak skills were matched by Count Dookus, but unlikley. He was called the best dueler the universe has ever seen during KOTORII, and he is mentioned in other books as so. It is possible that someone of the Star wars Movies Eras matched him, but I doubt it. If it was anyone who could, I would say it was either Darth Maul, Mace Windu, or Luke Skywalker (Unlike his father, his powers lyed much more with his lightsaber than the way of the force. This is because no one was there to teach him new force powers.

Obi-Won only taught him a little, mostly about the way of the jedi, and Yoda taught him the basics of force powers. All others he had to learn on his own, and it much easier to master a lightsaber than the force.).

And just a random rant.. I hate Bioware or LA, whoever thaught of the name Revan.. they stole my damn Parrots name. (Was going to name him Raven when I first got him, but then my 3 year old cousin called him Revan.. so I named him that.. damn Bioware. :blink:) Now people think I named him after Darth Revan..

Wait, supershadow.com is fake? damn! That sucks man...

Anyway, I'd still have to go with Yoda cause starwars.com says he beat windu down in a sparring match, and besides, that duel with palpatine was a fluke (the emperor is a cheater with that stinking crystal)

And just a random rant.. I hate Bioware or LA, whoever thaught of the name Revan.. they stole my damn Parrots name. (Was going to name him Raven when I first got him, but then my 3 year old cousin called him Revan.. so I named him that.. damn Bioware. :)) Now people think I named him after Darth Revan..

heh, either that is one big coincidence or that is one evil bird :p:-

3. Luke only beat Vader when he turned to the darkside momentarily.

What is your conclusion? Firstly he didn't really turn to the Dark Side. And even if he did, why shouldn't he be better than his father nonetheless? Luke is the winner of their final duel although his father has already been a master of the Dark Side for about twenty years.

4. I don't think there is one  guy who can beat  everybody else. Maybe Jedi A can beat Jedi  B and Jedi B can beat Jedi C. But it doesn't mean that Jedi A can beat jedi C. As they say in boxing: "Styles make fights". that's why Obi wan beat Anakin, who beat dooku, who beat Obi Wan.

Very good point. That's why a ranking isn't possible and why everybody favours another duelist.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

• 3 years later...

Mace Windu by far. Although both Count Dooku and Yoda bested him in his early years, he became the single most skilled lightsaber duelist in the galaxy once he refined his skills in Vapaad. Mace Windu defeated Darth Sidious in lightsaber combat even quicker than Yoda did.. He was also confident enough in his abilities to confront Count Dooku and Jango Fett without any help from other Jedi what-so-ever.

Both Yoda and Darth Sidious were far more powerful than Mace Windu, but in a lightsaber fight, they'd both lose, they would need to augment their lightsaber skills with destructive force techniques in order to beat Mace Windu, something that Galen Marek learned to do, which made him far more ferocious in combat than any other Jedi/Sith in history.

Edited by The Bubonic Force