Greatest Lightsaber Duelist?

Mace Windu - he defeated Palps in open fight, not using sneaky methods like Vader.

Obi-Wan - he kicked ass of the revered "Chosen One"... no comments

Nomi Sunrider - hero of the Great Sith War, she was a natural swordsman and

mastered lightsaber in one year, later slained dozens of Sith losers

Luke Skywalker - like Nomi he mastered lightsaber in very short time and defeated Vader who was very powerful and experienced warrior.

It's hard to tell who is the best among them... they lived in different times and had different experiences.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I personally reckon Qui-Gonn is the best duelist, even though we only see him in one duel. He always seems so calm, and concentrated, plus he had a fluent style :D

Mace Windu - he defeated Palps in open fight, not using sneaky methods like Vader.

Obi-Wan - he kicked ass of the revered "Chosen One"... no comments

Nomi Sunrider - hero of the Great Sith War, she was a natural swordsman and

mastered lightsaber in one year, later slained dozens of Sith losers

Luke Skywalker - like Nomi he mastered lightsaber in very short time and defeated Vader who was very powerful and experienced warrior.

It's hard to tell who is the best among them... they lived in different times and had different experiences.

I can't accept that Obi Wan was one of the best, he was totally owned by Dooku in Ep11, Anakin had the excuse of being a kid, he could improve. How Obi Wan got good enough to take on Anakin is a mystery. So that move cutting off Dookus hands was sneaky?...and Vader LET luke win to get him to turn to the darkside...

I more interested in the ancient ones, Freedon Nadd, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun....etc...

Interesting theory but movie doesn't support that. It's only a suspicion.

Facts are facts: Luke defeated Vader with little training. Only that counts.

I am also a great fan of the Ancients, but after all that hate-campaign against Tales of the Jedi on this forum, I am simply too tired to defend them anymore.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

"OBI Wan Gotten Lucky because Anakin made a mistake"

"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Of course, he'd say that, being the lucky bastard that he is, wouldn't he?

I'm still waiting for the disk so I can frame by frame it and see how he pulled that move off.

Personally someone coming in at that angle I would have either sliced his head off or cut down through the torso. or even better force pushed him into the lava and saved myself the bother.

Heres an interesting thought. We all know that Obi lost on purpose in EPIV so Luke could escape (because no way would Luke leave him behind) so the question is do you think he could have killed Darth if not for the other circumstances?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is everyone forgetting THE MAN himself? Yoda.

Yoda was the only person to that was able to beat Mace Windu when they sparred (well, Dooku did as well, which btw, just goes to show you that Dooku was bad a** as well), and the only reason the emperor was able to defeat him (wow he slipped, what a great defeat) is because he had a kyber crystal around his neck, hidden from everyone, which greatly increases your power.

If anyone cares to debate me on the facts of yoda beating windu in sparring, and the kyber crystal, you can check my sources

starwars.com

supershadow.com

Jedi Master Windu hands down in my opinion. Plus, the fact that he was the only purple lightsaber means that no one was more experienced in lightsaber combat than he. Dont yall know your Star Wars Trivia? LOL. And lets not forget how he owned Palpatine, Fett, etc.

Some points to ponder:

1. Kreia says that Tulak hord was the best sith duelist. This could be true, or this may just be Kreia's slanted view of things.

2. Supershadow is fake. The man behind it is a pure genius, but a phony.

3. Luke only beat Vader when he turned to the darkside momentarily.

4. I don't think there is one guy who can beat everybody else. Maybe Jedi A can beat Jedi B and Jedi B can beat Jedi C. But it doesn't mean that Jedi A can beat jedi C. As they say in boxing: "Styles make fights". that's why Obi wan beat Anakin, who beat dooku, who beat Obi Wan.

5. I don't know if it's true star wars canon, but Revan and the Exile are pretty good duelists.

6. I think both Obi wan and anakin had improved from AOTC to ROTS.

7. just because your the best duelist, doest make u the best light saber fighter overall. There are other things , Like deflecting blaster bolts and what not.